[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ i forgot the laws for making a your own gun in the United
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x517
Hey /k/ i forgot the laws for making a your own gun in the United States and also I'm curious what are some other countries laws on this?
>>
>>30337043
The law is that you are not allowed to make shitty homemade guns. It must at least be able to fire 1000 times without breaking, hit precisely at at least 50 feet, may not fail to go into battery, not jam after 200 shots without cleaning and must be safe to fire.

A good and totally legal weapon is the pipe shotgun, since it is pretty durable and the only moving parts are those, which you move yourself.
Some people also managed to make full auto .22s or pistols which were legal.

In most countries it is legal to make your own firearms since you don't support the NRA with it, but your own skills to make one.

Tl:Dr: learn how to make a proper AR 15 by yourself, m8
>>
File: boiitellyousomefin.jpg (41 KB, 547x794) Image search: [Google]
boiitellyousomefin.jpg
41 KB, 547x794
>>30337780
>>
>>30337780
What the fuck is this bullshit.

>>30337043
At the federal level, as long as it doesn't fall under the NFA (full auto, open bolt, short barrel rifle/shotgun, AOW, etc) you can pretty much make whatever you like. Your local state laws however may vary and they may have certain restrictions. YOU MAY NOT build a firearm with the intent to sell or transfer it without the proper licensing. PLEASE CONTACT A LAWYER TO VERIFY: I believe you are allowed to transfer it later on, but it must have a serial number and a few other stamps put onto it for it to be a legal transfer.
>>
>>30338442
needs your address and serial number
>>
Most states in the US: if it's legal to own it's legal to manufacture for personal use.
>>
>>30338613
Not address, just city of manufacture
>>
>>30339333
>>30338442
>>30338613
Name, Location and serial are only required for NFA builds or if you are an FFL.
Home builders do not need to serialise anything under federal law.
>>
>>30339362
I know reading comprehension is hard anon but please try to follow along
>if later on you decide to transfer it
>>
>>30339902
There is no requirement to serialise before transferring.
Maybe actually look some of this shit up before commenting.
>>
>>30339918
>There is no requirement to serialise before transferring.
(citation needed)
>>
>>30339918
Are you retarded, mate?

>Additional Identifying Marks

>Federal law does not require a homemade gun to have an identifying marker (such as a serial number), as long as it remains in the possession of the original maker. However, if the gun is subsequently sold or otherwise transferred, it should be marked prior to its disposition. The ATF suggests that all homemade firearms be marked with a serial number as a safeguard in the event the firearm is lost or stolen, but requires it if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/can-i-sell-or-give-my-homemade-gun-another-person.htm

>Also, for your information, a nonlicensee may manufacture a semiautomatic rifle for his or her own personal use. As long as the firearm remains in the custody of the person who manufactured it, the firearm need not be marked with a serial number or name and location of the manufacturer. However, if the firearm is transferred to another party at some point in the future, the firearm must be marked in accordance with the provisions set forth in 27 CFR § 478.92 (formerly 178.92).

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/gunsmithing/transfering-home-made-firearms-149202/
>>
>>30340264
Try the actual ATF.
27 CFR § 478.92 ONLY applies to importers and manufacturers licensed under the 1968 GCA. Likewise the NFA act of 1934 ONLY applies to title 2 weapons.
There is no legal requirement for home builders to serialise at any point in the weapons life.
>>
File: homemadesubmachine.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
homemadesubmachine.webm
2 MB, 640x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2m7cnBOakI
>>
>>30340334
The second one was a letter FROM THE FUCKING ATF ON THIS EXACT TOPIC.
>>
>>30340469
Opinion letters are just that. They have zero legal weight and are frequently ignored or contradicted.
Again it quotes 27 CFR § 478.92 WHICH ONLY APPLIES TO FFLS.
There is no law requiring homebuilders to serialise.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.