[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/ Swiss citizen here, i'd like to know if there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: Bure.png (750 KB, 542x722) Image search: [Google]
Bure.png
750 KB, 542x722
Hello /k/

Swiss citizen here, i'd like to know if there's any way for me to do a gunsmith apprenticeship in the US.. it really matters to me because i really want to work on guns and there are no opportunities for me here in my home country.

also general Swiss firearms appreciation thread, here pictured, my Stgw 90 (sig 550) and my MG-71, basically an mg-42 made by rolex
>>
File: IMG_1785.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1785.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
bumping with sig p220
>>
File: swiss-zfk-55.jpg (42 KB, 736x445) Image search: [Google]
swiss-zfk-55.jpg
42 KB, 736x445
Zfk 55

best bolt action, ever
>>
File: Mondragon10.jpg (689 KB, 2048x775) Image search: [Google]
Mondragon10.jpg
689 KB, 2048x775
really guys i'd love an advice
>>
File: 1463675265073.jpg (32 KB, 502x346) Image search: [Google]
1463675265073.jpg
32 KB, 502x346
hey swissbro, you might want to ask on usa firearms forums including but not limited to

http://www.ar15.com/index.html
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/
http://www.glocktalk.com/
>>
>>30337179

thanks man
>>
>>30337179
>>30337200
TL;DR: as a foreign citizen, it's unlikely.
>>
>>30336937
Apprenticeships in the European sense are quite rare in the US. Do you have any training in gunsmithing?

Here, you're going to want to take gunsmithing classes from a technical school and then apprentice with someone who has a business as a gunsmith. Any manufacturing background or education world be helpful as well, especially metal working and wood working.

Then, once you feel ready, you try to get a job on your own merits in the field.

I would suggest contacting a custom rifle manufactury, like Montana Rifle Works for more advice.
>>
File: 0187 - 2rSup4V.gif (1 MB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0187 - 2rSup4V.gif
1 MB, 499x499
>>30337235

im the usa shitposter

I dont know a fucking thing about gunsmithing but I have a german co-worker (doesn't have US papers yet) and owns guns, so there may be a chance
>>
>>30337243

i'm a joiner, and i feel comfortable working on AR-15s and various kinds of hunting rifles

and i'll contact them, thank you very much
>>
>>30336937

Swiss bro. Did you tried contacting Sigs factory? Usually they have courses
>>
>>30337455

true actually, will contact them as well
>>
ITT we talk to a guy who in 10 or so years will be vehemently anti gun and our work to destroy our current laws
>>
>>30336937
You might be better off pursuing MechE
>>
>>30336937
Swissbro
Can you legally carry concealed weapons?
And if so, are there any conditions you have to abide by?

Thanks for the pics
You've given me something proper to fap to tonight
>>
>>30339476
One more thing,
Just how hard is it to own full auto firearms?
>>
>>30336937
Dude I am so fucking jealous of you.

My purpose in life is to get citizenship in Switzerland.

I would do literally fucking ANYTHING to get out of the US and into that place.

My grandmother was from there and literally every single day I wish she wouldn't have left.
>>
>>30339720
Stay away we have enough problems with all the syrians and niggers here... We dont have unlimited space
>>
>>30339720
from the political noise in switzerland they're not free from the gun grabbers either. Like vermont, they might stop being cool in the next decade or two. I always pray I'm wrong on this.
>>
>>30336937
Best way to go about it here in the US is to attend one of the few gunsmithing colleges here.

If you want, there is an alternative path you can take.

Attend online gunsmithing program for the certificate or degree, then apply for a job at a manufacturer or repair service in your part of the world. Sometime companies just look at certifications over experience, so that could get you into the field at least(my thinking is get certified, apply for company, get job, learn hands on)

I got my polygraph examiner job this way. The only way to get into the field was with a certificate, and i learned the technical things on the job.
>>
>>30337455
>SIG
>gunsmithing
>2016

The SG550 series rifles are made by Swiss Arms these days. The real SIG (not that cheap American copy) only produces cardboard boxes today. OP, try contacting B&T, they might offer apprenticeships. Or contact gun shops, some still take apprentices.
>>
>>30339488
other swissfag here:
it depends on the Kanton (our states) in Aargau it's quite simple, you need to have already bought 6-9 guns (3 filled WES, a buying permit for up to 3 fire arms) to proof that you are a collector and then apply for the special permit. then go buy your full auto

>>30336937
OP check the page of the SSV, there you'll find stores in switzerland that train gun smiths, maybe you find something
>>
>>30336937
Americans don't really do trades anymore. If you want to do anything stateside regarding manufacturing if firearms you need to get a Master's degree in engineering. This will also help you get into the country.

If you want to be a "gunsmith" prepare to be disappointed. Those are part time (~20hr/week) minimum wage ~$5-7 an hour gigs that retirees and people who couldn't go to college fill. Poverty awaits.
>>
>>30336937
you can go to Liège in Belgium or Saint Etienne in France. There are the only two gunsmithing schools in Europe. But they also focus heavily on hunting rifles and shotguns. Once you're out, you know how to build a hunting rifle from zero, but not an AR or AK.

However if you want to work on more modern weapons including military ones, what you will need to learn will have everything to do with mechanical engineering and almost nothing with gunsmithing as taught in these schools. Which is why many (if not all) firearms manufacturers offer courses to teach you gunsmitthing-related skills when you join their company, if you already have an existing background related to the job.

It works like this for every defense industry out there, they do teach the people they hire about specific roles, but some jobs are less and less taught nowadays, like barrel-straightness rectifiers.

A school teaching you everything you wanna know about any kind of portable firearm simply doesn't exist and would ask for decades-long courses.

So the question is more what exactly do you want to work on within the firearms industry ?
>>
>>30342062
Well in can still contact Swiss Arms and ask an apprenticeship there.

Btw is there any differences between the weapons produced by SIG and these produced by Swiss Arms? Since Swiss Arms is basically the armament division of SIG with a new name?
The Sig550 that I received in the Army last year still have the "SIG" logo as have the mags. It was a new one and I think that the stocks of original Sig550 must had end since 2000.
>>
>>30336937
>MG-71
Its an MG-51/71. Get It right.
Waffemech zu dine dienste.
>>
>>30340531
So let me get this straight - you want to come here and get some benefit for your selfish ass, but at the same want us to stay away from your place? I call you a hypocritical faggot, then.
>>
>>30336937

fucking sexy
>>
>>30340531
>enough problems with all the syrians and niggers here
Wait a second, I thought Switzerland was the last stand of sanity and didn't let any rapeugees in?
>>
>>30337295
if you have a German co-worker and he owns guns, he has papers.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 640x445
>>30345867
Calm down. Seemed like more of a warning than anything than anything else.
>>
>>30339476
about the CC thing:

Yes you can legaly carry concealed weapons, but you need a permit. That permit is very hard to get, because you need to clarify why you need one (i.E. you work as a bodyguard/LEO or are very likely to be endangered by someone shooting you (believeable death treats confirmed by police or something) and also you need to pass a practical and theoretical exam.

Also it's very unusual to see a civilian carry a weapon in switzerland outside of shooting ranges / military duty
>>
>>30346143
Unfortunately, I hear that a lot about Swiss - they love your money while you're in there as a tourist, but turn their ugly side on you and go full xenophobic the moment you want to settle.

Swissfags, any comment on this? What matters? Race? Religion? Attitude? I know what you'd think about someone that shits on your way of life and your morals (I'm with you on that one), but how about a person that looks like you, speaks some of your languages fluently (plus speaks some more), has a higher education or two, and has respect for the same things you do (and that being a primary reason to want to move to Switzerland in the first place)?
>>
>>30347087

It depends on the region you live in.

In more city-like places the people are more open to different races/religions, but you need to accept our ways of life (Be on time, don't talk politics/religions/money/(bad family things with strangers for example.)
In other places, which are more conservative, you will always be the foreign guy.
It's difficult to see the swiss people as "THE SWISS GUY". We are very different (great difference between the german and french/italian speaking people as example, but there is much more to it (The Valais is off the charts!))

But yes, we arent the quickest to accept something different. Maybe this is something that you will be when you seem to living a such open and good life. Why change?

At least we discuss this thing and have the ability to vote about things, so there is not a such strong drive to the right like in germany.
>>
>>30347286
Actually, I'd argue that Germany (and the whole EU) is leaning to the left and not to the right. Every time I see The People fucked over, it's done in a clandestine manner, in violation of existing laws, and "for your better good" - that's a favorite Communist thing. Same thing is happening in US, on a massive scale.
>>
>>30347345
Yes, because the EU doesn't represent every citizen. There is this drive to welcome every refugees and "for your better good".
But i don't think this is good, but closing the borders would also be wrong.
I think we missed the opportunity to solve the situation before, and now we (EU & Swiss) have to face the consequences, so we should be more about discussing the aftermath as we should discuss something that's not controllable anymore (and closing the borders would be unhuman). I'm not saying we should accept everyone, and there is the danger of hidden terrorists and also I have no idea to solve this situation correctly/PC, but i'm not in charge either....
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (228 KB, 1443x813) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
228 KB, 1443x813
>>30347522
>There is this drive to welcome every refugees and "for your better good"
That's OK to wish for, but in reality there's this pesky law of conservation of matter. Every coin spent "for your better good" has to be taken out of something else, and that "else" is taxpayer's money. In other words, our personal pockets. Not everyone will be willing to finance a hostile force that doesn't want to work for living, doesn't respect their country's laws and humiliates their country's women.

Back to Swiss firearms appreciation.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.