[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I Stick With the NRA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1465793554255.png (474 KB, 567x633) Image search: [Google]
1465793554255.png
474 KB, 567x633
Hey /k/

It's almost time for me to renew my membership and I'm iffy on it. I'm sure you're all aware of the controversy with the NRA of late and in the past. I'm not at all pleased with some of their stances on gun control and imports and whatnot, but they're the biggest "pro" gun voice right now. So just give it to me straight, should I renew or save my money?

General NRA thread I guess if you want.
>>
>>30332306
jesus fuck if i know man.

maybe just your local gun club? im keeping mine only for the gun insurance at this point
>>
>>30332306
Are you "radical"? Do you have an "agenda"?
>>
>>30332306
Nothing makes a gun grabber shit his pants like the NRA. You should support them on that reason alone.
>>
>>30332306

You don't need to be an NRA member but at least throw money at the NRA-ILA. They're the only gun rights group that has any serious pull. All the other groups are laughably ineffective.
>>
I've been wondering the same thing OP. It feels like I'm paying ~$30 a year to be hassled with spam asking for more money.

I think I'll stay a member, since it quantifies the number of citizens who care about gun rights deeply.
>>
>>30332306
Yes
>>
>>30332378
No, I just don't see a point in giving them more money when it seems like they're going farther and farther left. Not to mention their stances on AWB's.

>>30332362
I could do that, I'll look into it. Thanks anon.
>>
As a French dude I'd say go for it. NRA might be bad but they are certainly better than nothing. Strenght is in number.
>>
>>30332404
>>30332428
>>30332501
>>30332608
Good points.
>>
People always talk shit about the NRA, but if every single gun owner in Amercia joined and voted as a solid block we'd have cheap machine guns and silencers fucking yesterday
>>
>>30332306
Try the Pink Pistols.
>>
>>30334091
But people have to pretend to hate guns, otherwise they are murderers.
>>
>>30332306
Where the fuck did Harry get a P38 in vietnam?
>>
>>30334114
kys fag
>>
File: Baby Hippo.gif (2 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
Baby Hippo.gif
2 MB, 288x216
>>30334133
funny that you ask, I was just talking with my Viet-Nam vet marine father about P38. He had a Nazi stamped one over there, and had a lieutenant whose father sent him a new P1 in the mail. So apparently they were very obtainable.
>>
>>30334122
Not in Texas. Well minus austin
>>
File: 1463652090139.jpg (49 KB, 310x440) Image search: [Google]
1463652090139.jpg
49 KB, 310x440
>>30334114
Good goy
>>
I'm not always thrilled with some of the things they say; nor always in agreement with their policies.

However, they have certain strong, line in the sand, stances that I do support. They are the loudest voice, they are the focus of a lot of attention. They rally the support and focus of gun rights believers.

I've been reading a lot of my social media in the last week; I live in Orlando. A disturbing number of friends, especially friends I thought were allies in the fight, have started strongly talking bans on rifles, guns, magazines in the name of "The Greater Good" and "common sense".

So, while I haven't told any of them, they've convinced me to do something I've held off doing for as long as I've been a member. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and donate to NRA-ILA.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.