[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win in a war of incompetent, unqualified soldiers being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: BlackPowderRedEarthWallpaper.jpg (97 KB, 736x446) Image search: [Google]
BlackPowderRedEarthWallpaper.jpg
97 KB, 736x446
Who would win in a war of incompetent, unqualified soldiers being lead by brilliant and genius officers, or elite, tier 1 operators being lead by cowardly and uneducated officers? In other words, who are more important, grunts or leaders?
>>
>>28297679
Leaders. There have been many battles won by Great Leaders with shitty armies against great armies with shitty leader.
>>
>>28297679
Assuming that orders are being followed, leadership will matter most
>>
>>28297697
True, but that is mostly the case because great leaders inspire those below them. Shitty leaders lower morale and lead to desertion and not fighting with tooth and nail.

>>28297679
An officer without grunts to back him up is useless. a horde of grunts without an officer is equally useless. Go look at the average Airshit skirmish, where you'll see a lot of people without command clash over some objective and imagine how efficient they could be if they worked as a unit with a leader.
>>
>>28297732
>Go look at the average Airshit skirmish
Or the average team play oriented shooter game most of the time.
>>
>>28297679
>>28297716
>this
no tier1 operator would follow orders if he knew they were just straight out stupid
and i guess the size of the unit matters two
>>
>>28297679
For a moment that picture looked like a more realistic version of Hank from Madness combat.
>>
>>28297679
Officers.

Because grunts don't fly aircraft.
>>
>>28297834
I can see it.
>>
Elites being lead by pussies, because at the end of the day the men who jnow what the fuck they're doing are going to get shit done even if their officers can't
>>
>>28297732
This. I'll admit to playing airshit with a few friends, but we actually have one of us leading the squad at all times and its amazing the difference it makes.

Shooting unorganized weaboos and neckbeards is fun.
>>
>>28297697
/thread
>>
>>28297842
Winner
>>
>>28297679
Militaries led with cowardly, uneducated officers implode in on themselves.
>>28297926
The winter war is perhaps the greatest example of this in modern history.
>>
>>28297679
The guys with the guns.
>>
File: 1450663369419.jpg (180 KB, 1599x999) Image search: [Google]
1450663369419.jpg
180 KB, 1599x999
>>28297926
>filename
Excellent
>>
>>28297965
Also, the French in '40 and the Italians in general.
>>
>>28297867
The guys on the ground with the guns will have no concept of the big picture because they're on the ground. The brilliant strategist leading the army of idiots will be aware of and plan around his soldiers' deficiencies.
>>
File: U_WOT_M8.jpg (31 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
U_WOT_M8.jpg
31 KB, 295x300
>>28297830
>everyone assumes orders are stupid
>therefore everyone does what they think is best
>chaos
>>
>>28298207
>everyone thinks the orders from higher up are stupid
>NCO takes over
>NCO gets nailed with the retardbat
And so on down the line.
>>
>>28297679
Unless those tier one operator soldiers are able to circumnavigate the problems their leader will produce (shit logistical planning, support, etc) and they are able to band together, i really dont see how soldiers that smart, experienced, and no-nonsense would actually put up with truely horrible leadership without freefalling morale and obvious discontent.

Whereas as long as the bad soldiers are not bumbling retards, a genius leader should be able to identify his own army's strengths and weaknesses and play it by that.
>>
>>28297834
>>28297864
The hats made me think of Sanford and Deimos
>>
>>28297830
Then why does soldiers still follow orders?
>>
>>28298420

Because their platoon sergeant or squad leader is nodding when they look at him.
>>
>civies talking about importance of officers

Senior enlisted exist to turn JO's ineffectual ramblings into intelligible orders and good ideas.

Without experienced and knowledgeable senior enlisted able to deliver what senior officers demand sight unseen of what's actually ocurring with junior guys, the military force is ineffectual.

All jobs. All branches.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.