[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scalpers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-06-19-10-16-42.png (364 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-19-10-16-42.png
364 KB, 1080x1920
Let's talk about scalpers. Anyone have good scalper stories from this recent panic?
Pic is a guy I'm about to remind is committing a felony
>>
>>30331207
Welcome to TGT. At least most guys there looking to trade are reasonable, the cash sale only crowd though is terrible.
>>
>>30331221
I agree, there are some good people there. But there is always one loony that refuses to sell to anyone without a LTC, or the 'I know what I got' crowd, or the '650 cash or 750 trade' guy.
Drives me up the fucking wall
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-13-20-45-15.png (688 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-13-20-45-15.png
688 KB, 1080x1920
This one was funny though
>>
>>30331207
what felony would that be?
>>
I was just on there a few minutes ago to see if anything interested me. There's a guy selling a cannon. Says he'll take 8-10 nuggets for it in a trade.
>>
>>30331456
Selling without an FFL.
This isn't just unloading some extra stuff to make room in the safe. He is deliberately making a profit off of them in a time of panic. The quantity available, the sequential serial numbers, and the price higher than they currently sell for when they are in stock, all indicates this was done to make a profit.
>>
>>30331514
That's not a felony, you silly cunt.
>>
>>30331528
Isn't purchasing with the intent to sell a felony?
>>
File: 1363907484135.jpg (1 MB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1363907484135.jpg
1 MB, 894x894
>>30331528

Uh yes it is you daft fucker.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

If you are buying and selling a lot of guns, you could open youself up to charges of dealing guns without a license.

The US Code says:
(11) The term “dealer” means

(A) any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail,
(B) any person engaged in the business of repairing firearms or of making or fitting special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms, or
(C) any person who is a pawnbroker. The term “licensed dealer” means any dealer who is licensed under the provisions of this chapter.

Some further definitions:
(21) The term “engaged in the business” means—

(A) as applied to a manufacturer of firearms, a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to manufacturing firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the sale or distribution of the firearms manufactured;
(B) as applied to a manufacturer of ammunition, a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to manufacturing ammunition as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the sale or distribution of the ammunition manufactured;
>>
>>30331528
>Silly cut
Ausfag detected
>>
>>30331566
Stupid autocorrect, yall know what the fuck I mean
>>
File: yDRON95.jpg (52 KB, 720x463) Image search: [Google]
yDRON95.jpg
52 KB, 720x463
>>30331550

It's is to an extent. Read this subsection.

(22) The term “with the principal objective of livelihood and profit” means that the intent underlying the sale or disposition of firearms is predominantly one of obtaining livelihood and pecuniary gain, as opposed to other intents, such as improving or liquidating a personal firearms collection: Provided, That proof of profit shall not be required as to a person who engages in the regular and repetitive purchase and disposition of firearms for criminal purposes or terrorism. For purposes of this paragraph, the term “terrorism” means activity, directed against United States persons, which—

The ATF has been given great leeway with it's interpretation of said definition. Friend has only done one private sale where he sold a firearm at a gun show. Couple years later a SLED and ATF guy are at his front door asking him questions. His gun was used in a crime.
>>
>>30331315
I laughed. Reminds me that even "people" from Houston have a sense of humor. If I got half of New Orleans dumped on me I'd be eternally mad.

What were you looking for on TGT?
>>
>>30331552
If the guy is using the money to provide his livelihood - paying his rent and other bills - yeah its a felony. If he's making a profit and using the extra money for something like buying more guns, it's not.
>>
>>30331596
Just browsing to see what they have. I find a nice deal occasionally and some nice cringeworthy stuff to laugh at
>>
>>30331598
This is the ATF we're talking about
>>
File: 1433096497067.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1433096497067.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
>>30331598

Buys 10 lowers then attempts to sell them.... not just one or two but ALL of them.

Most likely has a history of this.

>No officer this is my gun selling/buying money
>What's that, I have to pay taxes on that?
>No officer, I'm not breaking the law if I spend that money on more guns..

Just listen to what you are saying.
>>
Not to mention selling them for a ridiculous price. $200 each is bullshit. Lowers aren't THAT scarce yet
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.