[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking at getting a sig p238 in .380 acp for the wife. Anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_11931.png (154 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11931.png
154 KB, 533x800
Looking at getting a sig p238 in .380 acp for the wife. Anyone have any experience with it?
>>
File: Blingf.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
Blingf.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
>>28297199
Bought one for mine.
She likes it for carrying. Small, light, unobtrusive. Its a little snappy on recoil, but not harsh. More to do with the small frame.

Make sure she can rack the slide, show alternate ways of gripping if needed.
>>
File: p238scorp.png (1 MB, 1344x760) Image search: [Google]
p238scorp.png
1 MB, 1344x760
>>28297199
I've carried a p238 daily for almost three years now. It conceals like a dream, I frequently forget it's there at all.

Shooting it is pleasant, not at all snappy unless you're shooting hot defensive loads, and even then it's fun, not painful.

The slide is incredibly easy to rack, nobody should have any difficulty doing so, even the most noodly-armed of people.

Some things to watch out for: Make sure your chosen ammo chambers properly every time. Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator/Defense, despite being one of the best .380 rounds available, tends to hang on the slide when chambering the first round.

Also make SURE you detail strip and clean it thoroughly. The small, light hammer doesn't smash down with the most authority, and you can get light strikes if you let lube gum up the firing pin after the gun starts getting dirty. At that point, a simple field strip and cleaning isn't good enough.

Nearly had a heart attack when I started getting regular failures to fire on my last two range trips--a regular cleaning and change of ammo didn't fix it. Took it fully apart and cleaned out the firing pin channel, and it was chock full of black shit. I could even hear it grinding when pushing on the firing pin with a punch... Definitely something to be aware of.

Other than that, great fucking little gun.
>>
>>28297199
I got the p238 for her, and the p938 for me.
Get the p938.
Easy to handle in 9mm, more power, and cheaper to plink.
>>
I love my 238. The only issue I have had is that it does not like remanufactured ammunition. Otherwise it's a great little gun.
>>
FTF FTE
Jam-o-matic
a
m
-
o
-
m
a
t
i
c

don't bet your life on it
>>
>>28297388
>only accepts certain ammo
>fails to feed
>fails to fire
>great little gun

what?

i wouldn't trust it op
>>
File: 1442235132489.jpg (714 KB, 1490x838) Image search: [Google]
1442235132489.jpg
714 KB, 1490x838
>>28297199
add a 1 and get pic
>>
>>28298131
>fails to feed/fire if you feed it shitty gun food and don't clean it
>?????????????????????????????????????
Are you by any chance retarded?
>>
>>28298192
>carrying a finnicky unreliable weapon that breaks if dust touches the firing pin for personal defense
are you
>>
>>28298094
Never had a problem.
Stop limp wristing like a queer.
>>
>>28298131
I've shot several boxes of at least five types of cheap as fuck ammo.
Not a single ftf.
Try owning a gun before posting about guns, nogunz.
>>
>>28298246
>failure to feed
wrist is locked
>cheap shitty ejector
wrist is locked
>>
>tends to hang on the slide when chambering the first round
Good 700 dollar investment
>>
>>28298257
>ive never actually owned the gun, or any gun for that matter
>i believe shit some guy on the internet told me about his cousins brothers step sister who had a sig that failed to fire because they are half nigger and should have bought a glock because niggers are filthy and their guns are just as filthy
>>
>>28297199
Love mine. Sight radius is long enough for reasonable shooting, sights are great, gun is heavy enough to tame the recoil (not that .380 had much, but pocket pistols often lack enough mass; Ruger LCP is a miserable little prick to fire, for example). Never had any reliability issues, but worst ammo I've fed it was probably UMC. Just remember the proper way to carry such a gun with a round in the chamber is with the slide safety on and the hammer back; there is no decocker, and it was never meant to have one. Single action only.
>>
>>28298272
>im a poor and hi-point is the ak of guns
>fuck you rich white honkey mofos and your superior gats
>>
>>28298286
Sigs are fine just not the 238 or 938. They are poorly made overpriced pieces of shit.

Why would you keep a cc gun that is even remotely unreliable
>>
>>28298297
Sorry, frame safety. Always mix up those terms. Not a 1911 guy, which is really what that gun is. It's basically a modernized Colt Mustang.
>>
>>28298315
Because it's not.
I own two and have fired hundreds of rounds of mixed shit ammo without a single ftf.
Sounds like some people are just average Glock owners who don't know cleanliness is next to godliness and their memeguns are pleb tier trash mass produced for double digit iq patrolman and liberal nogunz .45 curious faggots.
>>
>>28298347
Had numerous feed and eject problems with the 938, looked around online and lots of people had the same problems.

Maybe you just got lucky with yours. Not a risk I'm willing to take. When I pull a $700 gun out of the box it should work flawlessly and if I have problems with it from the factory, it immediately goes into the trash. I won't keep an unreliable gun especially for cc.
>>
>>28298272
Clean your gun, that fixes this problem. I have been shooting and carrying a p238 for years now and I have never had any issues when it's been clean and oiled.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.