[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does the marine corps exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16
File: maxresdefault.jpg (822 KB, 3000x1789) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
822 KB, 3000x1789
Why does the USMC still exist?
The entire corps is just gangbangers, drug addicts, rapists and retards.

They don't do anything that the Army doesn't do better. And their bullshit constantly embarrasses the entire armed forces because they can't stop acting like animals when they go overseas
>>
>>30330694
They're the most indoctrinated most likely.
Must be all of the Junior muhreens programs around the US where they start training 10 year olds.
>>
>>30330694
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/05/25/case-of-marine-vet-accused-of-rape-murder-shocked-all-of-japan.html

I feel like this is an every day thing.
What the fuck is wrong with the marines and why is it so endemic? You don't see the army doing this shit
>>
>>30330694
Marines are the navy's infantry. It's like asking why the army has aviation assets when there's an airforce.
>>
>>30330725
Except every amphibious landing since Korea has been conducted by the Army.
>>
>>30330732
Al-Faw Peninsula, 2003 invasion of Iraq
>>
>>30330782
>landing on an uncontested beach with a few confused hajis
>>
How do criminals get into the Marines? Aren't they not eligible if they've been convicted? Don't get me wrong. I think it's a stupid rule. Just wondering
>>
>>30330732
>Except every amphibious landing since Korea

exactly 0 landing
>>
>>30330810
Not all criminals get caught before enlisting.
>>
>>30330810

Maybe in the Army. The muhreens don't give a shit.

M USCLES
A RE
R EQUIRED
I NTELLIGENCE
N OT
E XPECTED
>>
Political maneuvers during, and every day since WW2. They're entirely replaceable, especially since theit specialization as amphibious troops has been gutted by repeated ground deployments and the irrelevance of massed amphibious landings in modern warfare.
>>
But, to be fair, we still have Airborne assets in the army. Even though nobody has jumped. However, most have them have gone Air Assault, like the 506th. Which I was in. Of course, we still have that airborne pride. The hole area around Fort Campbell does.
>>
>>30330871
The difference is that you aren't serial rapists and gangbangers
>>
>>30330694
>Go to college.
>Marine is in my English 50 class.
>Literally fully autistic.
>Keeps talking about killing all the time.
>Starts getting territorial over females in the class just because I sit next to them.
>Think he's like 20 years old.
>Turns out he's like 35.

They are fucking scary to be around at best and getting rid of them would likely create a load of gangs of people who can't even get jobs at Wal-Mart.
>>
>>30331819
so what you're saying is they're worse than inner city youths?

You know what i mean by inner city youths, but racism gets you banned on /k/
>>
File: usual suspects.gif (3 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
usual suspects.gif
3 MB, 400x226
>>30331830
pic related
>>
>>30331830
Absolutely, but it's kind of more pathetic because they are full grown men.
>>
We really need a robot like /r9k/ to keep these repeat threads from being made. Every fucking week this thread.
>>
>>30331881
go back to your tripfag circlejerk
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 766x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 766x576
>>30331830
I've been waiting to use this
>>
>>30331915
>Waaaahhhhh nobody likes my repeat threads! It's not my fault I'm too dumb to post something original!
>>
>>30332384
stop getting triggered so hard by things you dont like you baby
>>
I realize I'm just a faggot but I'm a grown man looking at the military, I checked out the marines and did a PT with them and some shit called poolees(people getting ready for boot camp) everyone was out of shape except a few, like most couldn't run a mile.

I was disgusted and went to the Army, oh my god it was even worse.
>>
>>30332443
>Disgusted by people who aren't ready for basic training
The fuck were you expecting?
>>
>>30330801
>moving the goalposts
>>
because when army lives are too valuable and you dont want to lose them, you can send in the marines
>>
>>30332543
People who would push themselves, not start crying after a half mile to sit down on their cell phones.
>>
>>30330801

>medals all around, CNN and NBC say they are heroes
>interviews all around and a few write bestselling autobiographies
>the vets of the landing diss people for stolen valor
>>
Personally, if I could go back in time and change the setup, I'd have the Marine Corps be a subset within the Army with a specific mission, but part of the same organization and overall culture.

They have a specific job, that is a needed job, and that's what they're there for.

All the pointless dickwaving, funding battles and each trying to co-opt the others job to satisfy egotistical bullshit reasons is a pointless waste of energy I'd like to see stop.
>>
>>30330694
Rangers is the biggest bunch of professional rednecks I've worked with. That being said, they give no shits and are good at what they do.
>>
>>30330801
>those landings don't count, give me landings that do count
>>
>>30330837
Bad troll is bad.

When they send you to MEPS for the marine corps (assuming your recruiter didn't pull your police record and stop you if anything major was found) you'll be disqualified for anything you've been convicted of that will look bad on the Corps.

>>30332443

Poolees are part of the Delayed Entree Program. It's for youths that aren't ready for bootcamp and the point is you go to PT twice a week for anywhere from a month or two up to a year. No shit they're not in shape
>>
>>30332845
This sounds like heaven.
As a filthy Englander, how could I end up there?
>>
>>30332845
I've heard the Rangers are amazing, and Green Berets even more so.
>>
>>30330694
If you actually look at stuff like the 1st marine div you'd see that there is quite a bigger emphasis on mobility. To get a large group of people anywhere in the world quickly, you'll need boats. It's also nice to have good and normal relations with the guys who have boats. They've also been conducting amphibious ops with people like Koreans in the Pacific.
>>
>>30330871
Isn't the entire 101st division air assault now?

Also the 173rd jumped into Iraq back in 2003
>>
>>30330871
Odd. Nobody around Fort Bragg gives a single fuck about the 82nd.
>>
>>30332667
What the fuck goes on at the recruiting station you live near? When I enlisted last year, Armyfag, we weren't allowed to quit during PT, my first day we did our physical testing, no one failed it
>>
>>30334373
So why not just reincorporate them with the Navy? As I understand it, the Navy is trying create their own infantry corps again, anyway.
>>
>>30330694
Well, they can be deployed without congresses approval and are the body guard of the president.
>>
>>30330713
I bet you think mass school shootings happen every day too.
>>
>>30330713
chads of the military set loose in some nip country. hmmm wonder what could go wrong
>>
>>30334608
Presidential body guards, but the only branch that managed to kill one
MUHREEN COOOORPS
>>
>>30334598
Compartmentalization is a very valuable thing, and if we folded them together you'd have a force the size of the army that has to focus on doing two separate and very different duties at the same time. They're also going to be expected to do them well. You might as well fold the coast guard into the navy too cause its a maritime thing right?
>>
>>30332789
Navy is not going to like that.
>>
>>30334633
The Kingslayer.
>>
>>30334608
Basically they are the king's musketeers.
>>
>>30334633
Well the army can't shoot apparently so of course it took a Marine to hit his target
>>
>>30334457
Onto a secure airfield
>>
>>30334545
That's because "The Division" is on par with, or even worse than, the USMC regarding indoctrination and brainwashing. They think they're the hottest shot, and life outside the 82nd is a sentence worse than death. Honestly anon, ask anybody that's worked with or around them. It's pretty fucking weird NorK level shit.
>>
>>30330694
We have the army for fighting bow wielding Indians, unarmed Confederate civilians, underage nazis, and jumping onto unoccupied LZs in Iraq. We have the Marines to fight the nation's enemies.
>>
I think we should just accept that infantry are the main issue and that the Marines consist almost entirely of infantry is the problem. If there was a Marine who did something like, uhh, aviation, I'd think they were a higher class person than an infantryman in the army.
>>
>>30334637
But every branch is already compartmentalized to hell and back. The army has all kinds of infantry, air forces and so on. I don't see how that would be an issue for the Navy. And it clears up a lot of the issues with the Marines being a pseudo branch.

The Coast Guard has a very different role from the Navy. The Navy is expeditionary, the CG is domestic. I would argue that CG could be absorbed by DHS.
>>
>>30334730
I'm currently in the 82nd and it's shit. The culture is terrible compared to my last unit (the 101st), and the only redeeming factor is the high GT scores from all the SF-tryout-washouts.
>>
>>30334776
Are you retarded
>>
>>30330694
When you need to fuck some place over without actually declaring war
>>
File: 1465696965974.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1465696965974.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>30330694
>clear go condition four.

Also summer please go.
>>
>>30334642
They can still be assigned to work with the navy, just not their own independent legal entity.

Do the exact same job, just be a naval infantry subset of the general army rather than handling all their own stuff.

Speaking to various family and friends who've served, the opinion of marines is usually either "Okay guys who did their jobs like anyone else" or "Completely self centered dickheads convinced they were better than everyone at everything."
>>
>>30334849
>pic
put a 4chan on that railing
>>
>>30330694

>And their bullshit constantly embarrasses the entire armed forces because they can't stop acting like animals when they go overseas

The problem is they have nigger pogs that hook up their nigger homeboys with orders to Japan. Every time a rape happens in Japan it's a nigger.
>>
File: AverageIndianVessel.jpg (33 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
AverageIndianVessel.jpg
33 KB, 500x250
>>30334784
>The Navy is expeditionary, the CG is domestic.
Not anymore. I don't support this, but it's the truth. CG has become more and more of a "Navy lite" over the years, including performing overseas deployments.
>>
>>30331819
I know one who hates the French and says he will beat the hell out of one for talking to him.
>>
>>30335202
Yeah, I understand that. I guess I meant their intended role is as a domestic force. That's why I think they'd be better suited under the DHS umbrella rather than DOD and specifically out of USN control.

I also think they should be more focused on life saving and actual threats rather than on fucking around with drug traffickers but that's a domestic policy issue not a military one.
>>
>>30334814
Whoops, see my grammar issue there. Thanks for pointing it out.
>>
File: 1458658769403.jpg (88 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1458658769403.jpg
88 KB, 640x400
>>30330694
>be poolee
>have genuine experience with young people going into all branches
>the people going into the army are literally the least motivated and physically fit
>half a dozen ham planets and another half dozen skeletons playing frisbee
>the running joke is pointing to a group of people in the park during PT and declaring them to be the army's group
>the army recruits almost never wear army t-shirts
>mfw we can't even tell if we're joking anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 1680x945
>>30330694
Does everybody like the Air Force at least
>>
>>30335304
What grammar issue, the one where you didn't realize that Marines have aviators?
>>
Since WW2, the Marines have become America's Colonial Expeditionary Force.

All over the world as small self sustained fighting forces. To make sure America's "interests" are protected.
>>
ITT: People who have never served in the military offer their shit opinions about it
>>
>>30335489
I never said they didn't you retard.

>If there was a Marine who did something like, uhh, aviation, I'd think they were a higher class person than an infantryman in the army.

But I still had to look up things that Marines could do and had trouble finding anything besides infantry.
>>
>>30330694
>>The entire corps is just gangbangers

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbA9BljJMJY&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjbA9BljJMJY&has_verified=1
>>
>>30335507
>Since WW2

Literally always been their job.
>>
>>30335437
Chair Force is great for when you need something blown up and aren't too particular about what.

Captcha: select all airplanes
>>
>>30335384
You laugh before.

We laugh after. Enjoy slower promotions, worse gear, and even more bullshit.
>>
>>30330694
It's the place to send society's shitheads to be indoctrinated into thinking they're special and make them willing to run into bullets, just because.
>>
>>30330694
>They don't do anything that the Army doesn't do better
Their dress uniforms are fabulous and they're really good at gay marching band shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXa39XyP6q8
>>
>>30335574
>Googled his name
>found this picture
>laughed ass off
>>
>>30335437
It's only cool to be in the airforce if you actually get to pilot something. Otherwise enjoy constant bs. But hey, you get to be in more ac'd areas.
>>
>>30335230
Thank god nobody wants to talk to him.
>>
>>30335733
Most of the Air Force is a pilot's fluffer
If they aren't a pilot they aren't shit.
>>
>>30330694
Why have anti Marine corps circlejerks become a staple of /k/ recently? Everyother day I see a new thread of you tards saying the same thing
>>
>>30335953
Probably because it rattles your jo-bobs so much.
>>
>>30335437
I left the Army and went Air Force. It was the best decision I ever made.
>>
>>30335953
Marines are easy to troll.
>>
>>30335953
>>30336002
>>30336047
Not trying to troll anybody, just relaying what I personally have heard from people in the service.

Opinions seem to range from "They're fine" to "Gloryhound idiots whose purpose is to soak machinegun fire ahead of more valuable units" and such similar things.

Pretty sure the closest I've ever come to actually talking to a marine was someone on /k/ claiming he was a marine, who got incredibly pissed at me for 'insulting' the corps when in reality I was trying to defend them from what I thought was an insulting media portrayal, and he misinterpreted what I was saying so hard it did a complete 180.

So make of that what you will.
>>
>>30336002
Not a marine. Just seeing the same thread over and over again is boring. At least in the AK, milsurp, and AR threads people post some new content.
>>30336047
True. But trolling one group over and over again when none of them respond is pointless. Troll the slav boos instead.
>>30336162
Thanks for writing it out
>>
>>30336162
>he misinterpreted what I was saying so hard it did a complete 180.

How do they do this every single time?
>>
>>30336265
I kinda wish I heard different things in these threads too, all I have to go on is hearsay and stories from relatives who dealt with marines in the service, no marines in my family and all the vets I know are either army or air force, so I really don't have anything to go on.
>>
>>30336338
Yep. I get tired of hearing about the one beach landing and all that. It's especially awful when it's just a thread of people making up bullshit stories
>>
>>30336337
I really have no idea.

What I was trying to talk about was how R Lee Ermy's character from Full Metal Jacket was originally written to be nothing more than a sadist who tormented recruits for his own sick amusement and genuinely enjoyed their suffering, and Ermy salvaged the character somewhat with his knowledge of how it actually worked, but I didn't think he could quite save the character which I thought was badly written.

Then somehow a self-proclaimed marine got upset at me for daring to say what I thought marines ought to be and behave like, and I had no right to talk about the marine corps and how dare I try to pass judgement on his people.

I tried, and failed to explain that I was trying to defend 'his brothers' from being portrayed like sadistic lunatics in popular media but he was too offended to listen and just kept going on and on and on about espirit de corps and 'you have no right' until I gave up and left.
>>
>>30335384
>be poolee
>act like you've done anything
>hurr durr army is a shit
You are a civilian.
>>
>>30334699
They jumped to secure the airfield so tanks could be flown in

You might be retarded
>>
>>30335752
>I'm security forces!

Glorified MPs with a different faggot name
>>
File: 1459260146305.jpg (8 KB, 269x211) Image search: [Google]
1459260146305.jpg
8 KB, 269x211
>>30330694
>be me
>joining navy
>going SWCC
>already make the requirements and I've been working with a SEAL from the local recruiter to make sure I can make it through the SWCC training
>hear non stop horror stories about anfib and marines in general

>tfw i have to deal with these fucking gorillas for the next few years
>>
File: eccleston.gif (497 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
eccleston.gif
497 KB, 300x177
>>30330694
>The entire corps is just gangbangers, drug addicts, rapists and retards.

I was at a book signing near a Marine base in Southern California. The book was of interest to Marines. 90% of the people at the event were Marines.

> mfw they're all just normies with high and tights
>>
>>30339353
White donkey?
>>
>>30330694
>Why do Marines exist?
I dunno, maybe cuz the planet is 71% water and there's a lot of coastline you might have to land on.
>>
>>30338864
Hope you don't get stationed in Asia, I swear that's where the marines put their biggest mouth breathing retards and absolutely brain fried niggers of all colors.

Was a diver for 7 years and I loved my time in Japan and Korea, married a Korean girl and brought her home with me.
>>
>>30336368
It's because you made the mistake of thinking marines want to actually be seen as people. These guys want to think of themselves as murderers who enjoy the act of killing and other depravity because they think it makes them manly. Fuck being a maybe decent person with complex thought and emotions, BLOOD RAPE PILLAGE! OORAH!. This mindset goes for pogs too.
>>
>>30339552
Fuck me, I want to be stationed in japan.

Hopfully I'll have to deal with the marines, (and especially anfib) as little as fucking possible.

>was a diver

man i really wanted to be a diver, or a seal.
But I tried to get my cert a few years ago for just OW diving and I didn't end up getting the cert because some things I just didn't like

>atleast during off time in the navy i can try hard as fuck to get my cert and scuba

loved doing it but taking off the mask underwater didn't agree with me
>>
>>30335733
What are the requirements to be a pilot? Do you need a lot of previous flight experience or do you just need to be smart and fit?
>>
>>30340589

You need a degree, pilots are officers.
If you're really interested go talk to a recruiter.
>>
>>30334687
>Marines: Landing the Shots, Missing the Point
>>
The Marine Corp exist to make our societal problems someone else's problem.
>>
>>30330694
reason why they exist is to have bunch of idiots that can be thrown at meat grinder and be happy about it
>>
>>30340589
Smart, fit, motivated, and a lot of luck
>>
The Army and the Navy are the only two real military branches in the U.S. The Air Force is a corporation and the Marines are a cult.
>>
>>30343139
The navy is a massive waste of manpower and money.
>>
File: evil grin.gif (2 MB, 295x216) Image search: [Google]
evil grin.gif
2 MB, 295x216
Infantry Marine here(0351). Yes, we're often a belligerent bunch of animals. We believe we're better than anyone save the SpecOps community. We have a culture of violence and disregard for human life. Weakness of any sort is openly ridiculed, especially by your friends. And I love it. It's a legitmate warrior culture. As a result, when we go to war, we're some vicious, sadistic, bloodthirsty motherfuckers(see Fallujah, Ramadi, Tarawa, Belleau Wood, ect). I'd think you'd rest easy knowing that's the sort of men that defend freedom. Granted, yes, a lot of guys don't know when to flip the switch and act like a civilized person when around civilians. So yeah, we've quite fairly earned every negative stereotype about us. Sorry about that. Don't expect us to change, though.
>>
>>30343151
America's geographic position makes the Navy the most important branch of the armed forces.
>>
>>30330725
Except the Army's aviation assets aren't their own branch.
>>
File: 1418265878381.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1418265878381.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>30343214
You, I like you.
>>
>>30331830
Niggers
>>
>>30330694
Basically so we can deploy combat troops to a region without officially declaring war. It is a loophole based on the fact that the Marines are a special subset group and not the official army of the U.S.
>>
>>30344012
Yes. Actually it is.

Just like infantry and armor and field artillery are their own branches.
>>
>>30344482
>Basically so we can deploy combat troops to a region without officially declaring war
That can be done with any branch
>>
>>30334776
It's usually the other way around actually, Most marine infantrymen I've talked to or hung out with are pretty chill... It's the non infantry people that go around thinking they are god's great gift to the world...

Hell almost all non-infantry marines I've met claim that they had either scout sniper or recon training...
>>
>>30335384
>the army recruits almost never wear army t-shirts

Wait a couple of years kiddo, you'll get a DUI and blossom into a beautiful, self-hating, shit bag...

Although the army and the marines knows the shit-pile smells, the army doesn't eat the shit-pile...
>>
>>30335953
>>30336002
>>30336002
>>30336047
>>30336162

Here's a reddit AMA about the guy who made the iHateTheUSMC website (a Marine himself), a web site where disgruntled Marines go on to shit on the corps by ranting about it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/1bxiz9/i_am_a_former_marine_and_creator_of/

Literally 80% of the replies are a bunch of Marines screaming and giving threats about him for "Making fun of their beloved corps" with a couple yelling at the mods for not taking the post down because "it's shitting on the corps values"

One MUH-REEN also doxxed the guy... Literally this is pretty much the Marines summed up overall...
>>
>>30330694
So that the government can use them as disposable green men and then if they come back from a conlfict, deem them mentally unstable and take away they're guns
>>
>>30345464
>telling the truth
>to a recruiter
It's like you're not even trying to get in.
>>
>>30330694

Because the American people want a marine corps and they get results. Also you talk about criminals getting in the usmc but the enlistment criteria are far more stringent then the army's or navy's. Bunch of insecure kiddies from other branches ITT or people who've never even served or been around marines(like that one SWCC kid in the thread). The real problem with our military is they are lowering standards across the board. The entire military is basically turning into just another government job that offers opportunities and career placement to wymen and minorities.
>>
>>30330713
You are bad as the media blowing up at gun owners every time a mass shooting happens.
>>
>>30344513
It is easier with the marines both logistically and legislatively/politically etc

There is a lot of red tape to do it with say the Army. Less so with the marine corps.
>>
>>30344536

They're also the fuckers who are the most "motivated" because they don't have to do the dirty work or field work of a Marine.

Office life must be nice when all you can bitch about is the cleanliness of your fucking boots.
>>
File: 12]3-94o.jpg (227 KB, 1400x1046) Image search: [Google]
12]3-94o.jpg
227 KB, 1400x1046
>>30330694
>why does the marine corps exist?
BECAUSE GOD WILLS IT.
>>
>>30330694
>Ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg

god damn you summer /k/
>>
File: 420-24-7.png (17 KB, 286x55) Image search: [Google]
420-24-7.png
17 KB, 286x55
bump
>>
>>30334760
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. LOOK AT THIS FAGGIT
>>
>>30330694
They're basically Army reserves. When soldiers need a break marines are sent in.
>>
>>30332182
This,I like!...
>>
>>30330694

I could see the Corps transitioning to a space warfare role in the next few centuries (provided civilization lasts that long). They'd go back to doing what a true seafaring marines did in the past, namely interdictions, landings, and boardings.
>>
>>30343214

You sound like a militia of Africans as oppose to professional soldiers.
>>
>>30352852
>space warfare

You watch too many movies.
>>
The Muhreens get this "dumb muscle landnigger" attitude from the Navy and the Army just joins in on the easy target. Having both the major service branches (one of whom controls your pursestrings) shitting on you 24/7 tends to influence the culture.
>>
>>30344536
>>30346970

Its because infantry have to deal with the bullshit that POGs don't want to deal with. By that point they know their place and they aren't so high and mighty about it. Most Marines that I have talked to or PT'd with are pretty cool and aren't complete autistic shits.
>>
>>30330694
Shitty bait. But I'll bite cause I'm a faghot

1. Marines battle history >army battle history. Look at wons, losses, and fighting force sizes. Philippines, marines took to the jungles as the army was captured.

2. Marines pushed into iraq in 21 days, as the army occupied what the marines gave them, they had to go back and help the army un fuck themselves.

3. Why was the army spraying usmc on their humvees? Cause the pajamen knew that if they shit at that vehicle they would be hunted down, unlike the army.
>>
>>30352905
Well, we are marines, not fucking soldiers. If you are not of the warrior class, I do not expect you to understand.
>>
>>30333216
OPTION 40
P
T
I
O
N
>>
File: wherever i am i must also rape.jpg (29 KB, 426x321) Image search: [Google]
wherever i am i must also rape.jpg
29 KB, 426x321
>>30330694
>Why does the USMC still exist?

What else could torment junior enlisted 'muhreens?

It's chicken and egg kind of thing. Corps itself exists to torment junior enlisted and junior enlisted 'muhreens exist to give the corps something to torment.

>>30330713

Bit stranger case than typical 'muhreens rape story. Guy is apparently half nigger half jap based on quick google search. Pic related says everything.
>>
Not sure why all you faggots are hating on the Marines

they're the only branch that swears loyalty to the constitution - no one else, not even the president.

that's why the federal government hates them and now the federal government has more employees with guns than the entirety of the US marines - they know the Marines are not on their side.

Meanwhile the Army is full of bootlicking faggots http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a45771/mcchrystal-assault-weapons/ who are literally training for Martial Law.
>>
>>30353180
>Well, we are marines, not fucking soldiers.

Lets try dictionary definition of soldier... according to Merriam-Webster.

>Full Definition of soldier
>1
>a : one engaged in military service and especially in the army
>y : an enlisted man or woman
>c : a skilled warrior

If marines aren't soldiers.. they aren't skilled warriors or they don't serve in military.

Term soldier in broader sense covers airmen, sailors, 'muhreens and even folks in army... regardless of their rank.

Since I'm dealing with a 'muhreen let include simplified version..
>Simple Definition of soldier
>: a person who is in the military : a member of an army
>: a person who is in the military

or

>a member of an army

Your move.

Only in part of world where marines aren't soldiers is USMC.
>>
>>30354562
its an American Armed Service thing navy has sailors, airforce airmen, army soldier, and marines which are just sailors that want to be airborn rangers.
>>
>>30330871
>implying combat jumps dont still occur
Just because you don't hear about them doesnt mean they don't happen.
But i guess you're half right, it sure as hell isn't 82nd doing them these days
>>
>>30353926
based Marines
>>
>>30330694

Because when you need to send armed forces somewhere, the marines are your best bet. They are basically a mini military that doesn't need the other branches to operate. Due to their smaller size and budget, the marines have become more flexible and agile, something that army doctrine preaches but doesn't practice. So while the beaucracy of the navy, gender politics of the army, and a hang nail prevents air force from engageing the enemy, the marines will already be there shooting and killing the enemies of the Constitution.
>>
>>30354975
>the marines will already be there shooting and killing the enemies of the Constitution.
or at least they'll try to, until the ROE updates and they have to get approval from the army FOB which has yet to exist to engage anything.
the USMC is like any other branch. it cannot function fully autonomously.
it needs the navy's carriers for its jets, the army to help with logistics, the air force to support them in killing shit, and more marines to jerk them off.
>>
>>30347866
>both of then
do marines need to take mental breaks between this many words or what?
>>
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>30330694
someone is mad they couldn't go to 90 days of paid vacation.
>>
>>30335180
Takes a nigger to know a nigger ya white nigger
>>
>>30330694
>The entire corps is just gangbangers, drug addicts, rapists and retards.

And some, I assume, are good people.
>>
>>30334784
Dude, USCG IS DHS. Have been since 9/11. You should see some of the shit they do, too. Look up MSRT
>>
>>30355105
kek
>>
>>30343214
"Wherever I am, I must also rape."
You idolize that guy don't ya.
>>
>>30353180
Actually you are soliders..? So get over you god complex because when you're dying of whatever, all you will have with you whwn you die is anger. Anger that will have nowhere to go, but at yourself while you regret so many things. So keep it up, bud.
>>
>>30344039
I don't.
>>
>>30350113
DAS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT
>>
>>30354975
The constitution is shit, stop worshiping it like holy scripture, i thought you dumbass already had a book for that
>>
>>30335384
I'm sure that EGA tattoo won't raise questions when you wash out of boot, shitbag. Moto retards like you are always the first ones to cry, mark my fucking words.
>>
>>30336265
Slavboos start writing in Cryllic and then it's pretty much over. Also, they're more cheeky than MUHreens. If every Jarhead didn't get so booty blasted about every single slight to his beloved Corps honor, people would leave them alone.

They bring a lot of it on themselves by interjecting the fact that they were a Marine where it doesn't belong, and by dismissing others opinions, and even facts, by assuming they weren't innaCorps. They don't even stop to think, that the guy who's talking about standard mine clearance procedure in a confident, clinical manner, might have dealt with them for a living, because it doesn't match up with what Daddy Gunny told them when they were an 0311. So they start bleating on about how the speaker is ignorant and a never served, then start claiming stolen valor when the person claims they did. It's like arguing with five year olds. On the flip side, its really easy to bait and screw with them, so people do.

This is 4chan after all.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.