[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Classes and training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1461029004061.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
1461029004061.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3508
Let's talk classes.
For someone who have never been in the military and doesn't really wish to go that route, what are some classes that a person can take?

I don't just mean only tactical weapons training classes, I'm talking a bit of everything. What are some local classes to get into?
I'm sure local Red Cross First Aid and CPR is a must.
What else?
>>
>>30329654
I don't know, but can I get the artist for that?
>>
>>30329654
Defensive driving, swimming, wilderness survival, gardening, small engine repair and maintenance, HVAC installation, maintenance and repair, introduction to theology..

Depending on what you are interested in there's very likely something at your local community collage for you. Also check out the YMCA.
>>
>>30329902
@daito69
>>
>>30329654
Your local fun store probably offers training or has a line on training. Gunsite and tactical response may be the more well known
>>
>>30329913
>HVAC and small engine repair

Watch the fuck out, those are dangerous to take.

Not because of the tools and shit but because once you do you become The Guy That Knows HVAC in your family and you will be getting called to do free fucking work forever.

"Oh, Thanks Uncle, No, it's really how I wanted to spend my Saturday, doing what should be a two hundred dollar job for free. Could you pay for the parts I had to buy? Oh, you will pay me back? That's fantastic. I'm sure that will happen."
>>
>>30329654
NRA teaches a bunch of classes, if you dont take their classes make sure your instructors company at least has an NRAcertification along with liability insurance.
Most ranges offer some level of training.
Magpul offers some classes.

For non-shooting training:
commnity colleges usually offer EMT B-P certs which EMT-P is as good as you can get civilian side (thats on par with an Army Medic thats been in for a while and has gotten the advanced trainng)
But there are also "trail medic" training you can get if you live inna woods areas. Look around see what is available.

Recoil magazine always has articles about companies that offer training and adventure tours. Flip through the mag and write down what you like if yiu are too cheao to buy it
>>
>>30329939
>Not saying first is free, others are -insert price-
>Not making them buy the parts themselves

You got yourself there anon, not the HVAC classes
>>
>>30329654
Academi offers a ton of courses. Haley Strategic, Pat Mc, some places teach land nav and other stuff.
>>
>>30329916
>@daito69
Not him but thanks. He's an uneducatet brat.
>>
>>30329654
Look into joining your local EMS or Fire/Rescue as a volunteer. At the least you'll get invaluable medical training and get to help and if you go rescue squad you can learn some pretty high speed shit. Water rescue, trail medic, HAZMAT procedures etc etc
>>
>>30329654
There are private training companies that offer tacmed stuff for civvys. They'll cover stuff that Red Cross type classes don't.
>>
>>30333368
The thing is so far as I can tell most of the volunteers don't get to learn anything tactical and a lot of the time, you're taught to do stuff that only makes sense in your specific context. I live in a big city within literally 500m from two adult level 1 trauma centers and one level 1 pediatric trauma centers, and all the EMS volunteers are barely taught anything about hemorrhage control because they expect to get people to the hospital in a ridiculously short amount of time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.