[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1911 circlejerk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Colt-Delta-Elite.png (106 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
Colt-Delta-Elite.png
106 KB, 450x299
What does /k/ think about the new Delta Elite refresh? Will people prefer and look for the old one? I always wanted one for a hog hunting gun but it's not much of an upgrade from my prelock 686.
>>
>>30328825

The old Deltas beat themselves up pretty hard if you were using a heavier 10mm loading. American Rifleman had a column about the new P220 in 10mm that specifically referenced the author having a Delta that jettisoned its slide midway through a long day at the range.

Maybe Colt's taken advantage of improved metallurgical techniques or some other fuckery over the last 30 years, so who knows.
>>
>>30328825
Cracked frames
>>
>>30328994
>>30329001
Ahh ok thanks, I think I will avoid them for now.
>>
Tfw delta elites are NOT ca legal

got a .45 and it's pretty fucking wimpy, tfw no 10mm

oh well, not like i'd ever shoot it because it's even more expensive.
>>
File: delta frames old and new.jpg (193 KB, 798x597) Image search: [Google]
delta frames old and new.jpg
193 KB, 798x597
>>30329348
The delta frame crack has long been remedied. The crack was on the very early deltas and was over the thin sliver of metal that was above the slide stop like the original 1911 frame design. The remedy was to remove the thin piece of metal and all Colts since have had this cut regardless of caliber. 1000+ rounds through my "new" delta with zero problems. Very fun pistol.
>>
Do they only come in stainless?
>>
>>30330234

No, the old ones were sometimes blued. I like the stainless, though.

Pic is my 2014ish Delta that I sold. I never took a pic with the black VZ Aliens, but I did a lot of work replacing the internals and some of the hardware.
>>
>>30328825
Looks like their shitty cheap failed XSE series, it used to look awesome, now it looks meh
>>
>>30330475

But it's not based on the XSE. The serrations point towards it being based on the new Colt Competition 1911, which is great. It even appears to have the undercut trigger guard.

I own one. The new Colt Comp, I mean. My older Delta didn't have those features.
>>
>>30328825
Unless you get one the one in your profile pic with the milled out sights, they are super no frills 1911s. Very tight for a colt and a great base for customization. Sad they are the price they are for what little comes on it.
>>
My dad wanted a 10mm 1911, but all that you can buy in California are two very similar Kimbers.

I'd much rather him have the Delta Elite, as I trust Colt more and it's miraculously cheaper.
>>
>>30328994
You also have guys with 20k+ full power loads through them. Shit happens. I like deltas but colt sorta took the lazy route because colt is colt. You can do much better with a ground up build.

>>30329001
I like that your knowledge of the gun is so little that you couldn't even identify the crack you're referring to, nor would you know that it's cosmetic and has been removed from ALL colts since.
>>
>>30330266
Are you the anon that got the broken rear site?

We had another anon with a gold cup 10 and one with about 6 deltas
>>
>>30331851

No, that wasn't me. I only sold mine because I needed the money at the time as I was in between jobs. My new job pays really well, so I'm buying a new gun every two weeks now.
>>
>>30329387
http://www.offrosterguns.com/
>>
>>30328825
I wouldn't want the older ones, they had durability issues.
If you want to hot-rod a 10mm, the colt delta is not for you.
>>
Are Dan Wesson's good? I was considering it since they are around $1000 but if I could I would get a Les Baer or a Wilson combat
>>
>>30334647
They're pretty good, though a few people have had trouble with the rear sight/grips shifting after a lot of shooting. Nothing that a little loctite won't fix or you could just ship it back to them and they'll fix it
>>
>>30334443
If you're going to "hot-rod" one then the Delta is fine since you likely be replacing problematic parts anyway. You could go with a bull/belled, heavier mainspring, improved pin setup, welded 80 series delete blah blah blah.

If you want to shoot hot ammo through it the issue is the poor case support on the originals and peoole neglecting the recoil spring,not the durability.
>>
File: 20160429_194630.jpg (964 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160429_194630.jpg
964 KB, 2048x1152
Used to own one a few years back. Shot nicely but it wasn't anything special aside from the cool factor. I love my. 45 1911s but I prefer glock 20 for 10mm desu.
Pic related is one owned by a buddy of mine. I personally find the engravings hideous and I think it ruins the gun.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.