[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ABU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Compared to the BDU does the ABU work better in hot weather or worse? Does it still melt when it is too hot outside?
>>
>Does it still melt when it is too hot outside?

that literally has never happened. Are you retarded?
>>
>>30326468
I heard that it had performance issues in the middle east and would partially melt but that clarifies that question.
>>
>>30326445
ABU uniforms were almost all made in winter weight for some retarded reason. Deployed airmen more often wore DCU, UCP, or multicam depending on the time period.

>>30326510
As for BDU melting in hot weather, I have literally never heard of this. People still wear parts of summer weight BDU in deployment.
>>
>>30326602
>ABU uniforms were almost all made in winter weight for some retarded reason.
Not anymore, the only ones you can buy at clothing sales on base is the summer weight. The winter weight aren't made anymore, which is a shame, because I like them better.
>>
>>30326445
>melt
wat

I came in just after they stopped issuing BDUs at boot camp, but a few years ago they came out with lightweight/summer ABU tops. Been meaning to get one.

ABU pattern might be a shit but man do I love the no-wrinkle effect it has. You really have to try if you want it to have noticeable wrinkling, in 7.5 years I've never had to iron the damn thing once.
>>
>>30326663
This.

I came in right at the same time. I remember two jokers in Tech School wearing BDU's on the last day that you could just to be different. They still made them wear the Sage Boots. Looked shitty.

I'm in the sandbox now with only "winter-weights"... Kind of unpleasant.

Still like the ABUs. The cut looks good and the anti-wrinklage is kickass.
>>
>>30326445
like another anon here, 7 years in uniform, now out, but the shit...it depends.

It reflects radiant heat great. It is heavy though. Most of the older uniforms are flammable to a degree, and not fire retardant. So you have the firefighters and electricians who got the new cotton tops, however, now, when i was getting out I hear many were getting cotton tops.

Uniform was made to be IR/ NV "camo", so harder to see. Was defeated by newer generations of IR/NV to a degree. Still, when brand new, actually hard to see. Had a pilot try to pick me out of a field in a new uniform, pretty neat.

Uniform is pretty thick though, so if you are a fatty, its a problem. I wore one in 2010 in Afghanistan though, during the summer, zero problems even in full body armor. So whatever, learn to hydrate.

Uhh...Its comfy as fuck compared to a BDU, thats for sure. Easy to maintain, plenty of room for pens and shit. The pants are fucking amazing for comfort and durability.

All in all, its not a war uniform, nor a utlity uniform, and its some sort of weird compromise, but it works.

Here is the biggest bitch. Your uniform starts to get "salty" and turn white, and the fucking comedy is, as that pattern fades, it becomes better camo then a new uniform, and the AF does not like it faded, so you need a new uniform.

Aircraft maintainers go through pants fucking fast. Especially E\E and Crew chiefs.
>>
>>30326445
USAF crew chief here, ABU's are pretty hot but I've never seen one melt before.
>>
>>30326785
muhfuckin crew chief here. I go thru bottoms like i go thru booze, which is retarded since military clothing here only stocks manlet sizes.

>>30327190
what frame/base?
>>
Air force hasn't issues winterweights in a while. I graduated BMT about a year and a half ago and they're all summerweights. You walk a mile in uniform in the Texas summer and your sand tee is gonna be soaked solid regardless.
>>
>>30326445
Hard facts here - theyre both hot and stupid to wear anytime youre not required to.
>>
File: bernie would like you to leave.jpg (37 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
bernie would like you to leave.jpg
37 KB, 800x450
Not military, friend. Wrong board.

We don't discuss Best Buy's or Staples' uniforms here either
>>
>>30326468
I hate ABU with a passion may it burn in hell.
after wearing it everyday for over 2 years and watching all the army fags in there OCP knock off multicam, you realise at least there camo will aid them in concealment. you stick out like a sore thumb and have to get it dirty to be any sort of effective whatsoever. The ABU market is non existent and all the items in ABU are over priced shit you will sell for a quick buck before you get out,
Stick to multicam ,A TACS , hell solid colors are more effective then this shit
>>
File: abp.jpg (343 KB, 960x1412) Image search: [Google]
abp.jpg
343 KB, 960x1412
>>30330685

lmfao
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.