[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /k/ -- non-gunowner here. I have a brief technical quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: mateenimdb.png (278 KB, 1328x726) Image search: [Google]
mateenimdb.png
278 KB, 1328x726
hey /k/ -- non-gunowner here. I have a brief technical question.

What is the maximum amount of ammunition a single person using an AR-15 / Sig MCX could carry on their person and use efficiently (ie reload rapidy) assuming 28-30 rounds per cartridge?

The reason I ask is because I find it difficult to accept the official account of the Orlando event that has emerged so far, of a single shooter who killed 49-50 people, wounded 53 more, presumably missed many shots, reportedly shot some victims numberous times, and engaged police in a stand-off in a crowded place without being subdued. This seems to imply the expendtiture of many hundreds of rounds of ammunition, using at least 10-20 preloaded cartridges. Are these assumptions reasonable, and if so, would a single shooter be capable of equipping himself in this way?

PS: while eye-witness accounts are notoriously unreliable, there are multiple accounts suggesting multiple shooters and different fire types, such as these (some are stronger indications than others)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAzb8YlEts
>>
American soldiers typically carry 8-12 mags, so you figure thats 240-360 rounds.
>>
>>30325268
They're probably chalking up the people killed by police fire up to him too.
>>
>>30325268

>cartridge

You aren't even trying.
Sometimes I go to /a/ and say I can't believe spike dies without a spoiler....this is the equivalent.
>>
>>30325268
Standard infantry load out is what? 210 or 240 rounds?
7 or 8 mags can easily be carried on a plate carrier, molle vest
Shit the standard ALICE mag carrier can hold 3 mags from vietnam Era equipment.

It would be more explainable if he had a backpack or duffle bag full of mags because no "assault clothing" was mentioned

Tldr very possible.
But I can't believe how people can record snapchat instead of tackling the guy.

ComE on fags, can you into pick pistols?
>>
File: DSCF0161.jpg (400 KB, 908x698) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0161.jpg
400 KB, 908x698
>>30325286
>>30325290
>>30325317

Thanks. So something like this?
>>
>>30325268

Was there ever a description of the shooter aside from him being middle eastern? Pulse was dark and it was also latino night so >>30325290 is probably spot on and swat might have opened fire on innocents without knowing. It was a gun battle after all and perhaps with conflicting reports swat wasn't taking chances.
>>
>>30325305
Oops, I guess I meant magazine? I'm not gun-literate.
>>
>>30325268
10 magazines at about 1lb a magazine is doable for most people with barely any training and that gives them 300 rounds, the patrol weight in Afghanistan was 100+lbs so that puts things into perspective.
>>
>>30325327

That's a piece of sewn fabric that carries things. Are you fucking retarded?
Yes, human beings carry things in sewn fabric, sometimes plasic bags. Get the fuck off the board.
1/10, because you somehow garnered responses.
>>
>>30325366
>the patrol weight in Afghanistan was 100+lbs so that puts things into perspective.
Goddam. So if you're a big guy(for you) around 240lb you're rucking 340lbs around the mountains, fucking hell. No wonder you see so many smaller guys in special operations type stuff
>>
>>30325395
I have a buddy who is a machinegunner in the marines. I was in for 4 years and got out and was asking him what his field load was fhe other day.

240L machine gun: 33lbs, including optic and laser designator
70lb pack
40lb vest, including grenades, mags for M4, M9 pistol, IFAC, water, comms
800rnds belted .308 (about 56lbs)
11lb M4

So ya, you carry a shitload of weight in the field.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.