[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a new gun owner thread? This is my first post on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20160618-WA0002.jpg (1 MB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160618-WA0002.jpg
1 MB, 4032x2268
Can we have a new gun owner thread? This is my first post on /k/. I finally bit the bullet and bought an M&P-15. I plan on buying some cheap .223s and heading to the range tomorrow.

Ive shot one before, but never owned one. Always wanted one since I was a kid. Now that I have it, I want to make it my own. Any advice on what brand parts and where to buy the parts? Im not looking for anything high-end at the moment.

No, i dont want a ton of yoloswag on my gun, but a rail and an AFG would be nice.

Inb4 newfag get out reee.
>>
>>30324203
just lube the damn thing up and go shoot
dont buy bullshit thats not mags or a sling until youve shoot at least a thousand rounds through it
>>
buy a bunch of magazines if you don't want to spend 80% of your range time loading one
>>
>>30324203
Newfag get out reeee
>>
>>30324203

Tbqh just buy a Primary Arms red dot with a lower 1/3rd cowitness riser and shoot the shit out of ur gun. (That's ~$120 total or something)

I would not suggest pimping it out before then. Like what are you gonna put on the rails and stuff? Rail covers?

Take that money and buy ammo and magazines.
>>
Good job dude
>>
File: OPer8rdesusfampai.jpg (1 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
OPer8rdesusfampai.jpg
1 MB, 3120x4160
>>30324203
For some reason people around here really hate mp 15s. They're all fart sniffing elites with handcrafted special snowflake ar builds.

out of the box mine had some issues with the trigger, but after a clean and lube she fires smooth as silk.
>>
>>30324203
Congrats OP, welcome to the club
>>
>>30324272
>selfie stick
i take it you survived the orlando shooting?
>>
>>30324237
I just wanted an AFG really. I found a quad rail from GVN on amazon for 25$. I also need to get a cheap rifle case I guess. I would like a RDS too. I'll check out those guys.

>>30324272
The guy I bought it from is a gunsmith. It's a new rifle, but he dry fired it before I even left the shop. He's fixed a few of my pistols before.

I take it if I have any problems he can fix it. As for people hating on m&p? I mean, 4chan is the place for shitposting. You can just sort of replace every part in an AR. I don't understand.

>>30324273
>>30324242
Thanks
>>
>>30324324
Don't buy a shitty $25 quad rail. The industry is shifting toward M-lok and Keymod anyway, because quad rails are generally just too heavy and uncomfortable to grab. You can buy a Keymod handguard and foregrip from BCM if you really want one.
>>
>>30324324
>cheap rifle case
midwayusa tactical rifle case is both cheap and high quality. I have all my fudd guns in them as well, since they are the same price as regular shitty cases.

Don't fuck around with a drop-in quad rail or afg's or anything, you should be putting all your money into ammo and mags at this point. Later on get a big boy rail once you actually know what accessories you need, if any.

Also you can spray paint the thing so it develops that well used 1337 operator look.
>>
>>30324324
go get some basic magpul furniture for starters. make sure your sights are zero'd, also what do you intend to do with this rifle? hunting? or is it just a fun you use at the range?
>>
>>30324566
spray paint tips anon? I kind of want to but my artistic skills are stuck in 3rd grade. I don't want it to look like a piece of shit.

as for cases op, I got a takedown shotgun case which fits perfectly. it was like 25$ on amazon.

2nd the magpul furniture thing. I think it looks aesthetic as fuck, and mllok shows no signs of petering out
>>
>>30324492
>M-lok and Keymod anyway
Noted. Although I like the heavy feel of the quad rail a bit more. I will see if I can go to a store and feel them out at some .

>>30324566
Yes, I am going to be spending tons of money on p-mags and ammo. CDT has 500 brown bear rounds for 120. Those are ok to use as long as I clean the gun after every trip to the range right?

As for spray painting, I don't know. I am no good with paints. I would just fuck it up and it would look like ass.

>>30324587
It came with a mag-pul flip sight. I bought it for hunting, target practice, and collection. I was kind of pressured by the recent senate vote and fillabustering. Didn't think our government was shitty enough to actually consider a ban on these guns.
>>
>>30324203
What made you want to get one?
>>
File: IMAG0292.jpg (361 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0292.jpg
361 KB, 1024x579
Nice man, I love mine. Leaving it stock since i think using irons is more fun and makes you a better marksman overall.
>>
>>30324726
gonna go out on a limb here and say shillary, obummer, biden, basically every lib calling for a nwe AWB
>>
File: 1465418874267.gif (974 KB, 411x458) Image search: [Google]
1465418874267.gif
974 KB, 411x458
>>30324819
What makes you think that anon???
>>
>>30324226
This
>>
Cheap, 10 dollar rifle case from Walmart. US made too
>>
>>30324203
Good buy anon. M&P 15s are great and have awesome triggers for the price
>>
>>30324819
Now this is sperglord >reeeeeee
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.