[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reloading General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 20160617_205153.jpg (3 MB, 2984x4104) Image search: [Google]
20160617_205153.jpg
3 MB, 2984x4104
I'm very new to reloading, and I'm a bit confused. I have been loading 9mm only recently, using 4.6gr of Hodgdon Titegroup with a 115gr Hornady XTP. Am I loading these way to high? They work fine in every 9mm i've fired them in, a Sig P320, Hi-Point C9, Walther PPS, HK VP9, and Glock 17.

Pic related, my handloads. (no tumbler as of now, just gonna have to use dirty brass)
>>
>>30321998
Why not check your manuals?
>>
>>30322012
Don't have any, i've been going off my own experience and the internet. Most of the reloading forums i've visited are dead.
>>
Post comfy plinking load recipes.

>.45 ACP plinking load
4.2gr WST
230gr FMJ RN
Winchester Large pistol primer
>>
>>30322030
OP here

noted!
>>
>>30322021
Sell everything you own.
You are not smart enough to reload and barely smart enough to handles firearms.
Sell everything and you will probably not lose fingers.
>>
>>30322057
it'll be fine, im not that autistic.
>>
>>30322097
>It'll be fine
Quote from man with 8.5 fingers
>>
Trusting random internet load data without verification is dumb as fuck. At least download scanned manuals, or use manufacture published data on their own sites, or ask for one of those free pamphlets that has the most basic loads for the most common caliber.
>>
>>30322181
http://handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=9%20mm&Weight=115&type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=

Been using that site, it says 4.8gr of hodgdon titegroup for a 115gr so I scaled it back a bit to 4.6gr.

I have common sense, I'm not completely autistic
>>
>>30322057
Plenty of reloaders (myself not included) dont use manuals. Just aa long as you use published data from reputable sources, it makes no difference.
>>
>>30322181
I've also been using the Hodgdon site

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

Im well within the maximum loads
>>
File: 20160618_181139.jpg (3 MB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
20160618_181139.jpg
3 MB, 4032x2268
>>30322030
5.8gr autocomp
230gr rn
Tula primer
Rinse and repeat 3300 times
>>
>having to use manuals
you can literally eyeball this shit.
Find the line from the top where the lead sits on, and then fill all the space that would be left empty, with gunpowder.
Do this a bunch of times and you're ready to go to the range.
The only important part is to not cheap out on the primers.
>>
>>30321998
The front of the bottle of tite group says 4.8 is the max for 115 grains so you are fine. I have been using that recently for 147gr subsonic loads. Using 3.4gr for it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.