[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth it going to a Gun Show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
One is coming to town next week. I know buying there is stupid because shit is marked up, but do people bring unique weapons and antoques?
>>
If you've never been then it's worth going once. Going to the same one after that is pointless because it's literally the same exact shit you saw the first time.
>>
>>30321517
Not really, spend that money on parts and kits.

Cheaper to make it yourself.
>>
>>30321517
The big ones are worth it. I've been to a couple in San Antonio and Fort Worth that were awesome: both had lots of retailers and military surplus. Unfortunately, I haven't been to a single good one in OKC (usually a smattering of retailers and maybe some jerky).

Most gun shows will charge an admission fee. Sometimes it's fairly expensive ($20/person). In my experience, I've been able to haggle down the price of admission if I'm in a group. YMMV.
>>
>>30321556
Must be a hell of a show for $20. I've never seen admission above $7.

Regardless it's worth it op, although lots of shit will be marked up because of the recent "shooting"
>>
Depends on what your local show has.

Where i live, it's mostly a bunch of the local dealers plus a few oddballs putting their shit on a table in the National Guard Armory.

It's usually worth it to go because you don't have to waste gas going to all of the different stores, and what they bring is usually marked down just for the show. of course, the Jerky is also nice.

If you go to one of the huge ones, you'll find an assload of neat shit.
>>
>>30321517
Sometimes. It's where I find most of my milsurp. It also gives me a chance to keep in contact with the dealers in the area. Some will hold stuff just for me or give me a little discount because I'm a regular.
>>
>>30321599
I've read everywhere that shit is marked up though. I assume you can haggle down, but is it chepaer, more, or same price for ammo and guns?
>>
>>30321517

If you want something specific, know what it should cost before going. Know what you can order it for.

There's always a few deals at a show. You might not see them or they might be gone before you get there.

Be prepared to see a lot of stuff that isn't even guns. Be prepared to wonder "Why, Just Why" when you see them.

If it is in the summer, and not an air-conditioned venue...or even if it is, you may want some Vicks to rub under your nose.
>>
>>30321517
It's a chance to fingerfuck some unique weapons.

Absolutely worth it.
>>
>>30321517
Dealers generally use the same price they do in shop from what ive experienced. Random people want 800 for a shitty sks

>>30321599
are you TN? This was exactly what happens at 3 of the 4 ive been to there
>>
>>30321617
>I've read everywhere that shit is marked up though
maybe for other folks.
>same price for ammo
The stores that go to the shows usually bring in their bulk. so you can often get them to sell ammo cheap if you buy a good bunch of it.
>>
>>30321710
Clarksville/Ft Campbell here, they hold a gun ahow at the Nasty Girl Armory here once in a while.
>>
>>30321710
>are you TN?
Western NC.

Pretty close though.
>>
>>30321738
Im on a 6 month tdy from ft campbell to arlington va, ive been to that gun show
>>
>>30321765
Moving to the old gaurd are ya?
>>
>>30321770
No, ill be back in November. Its a developmental assignment for dasa fim. Shit is cash
>>
>>30321517
>The same old fat guy who's career is trying to sell his used side by sides and one tapco'd sks laid out like it's an mg42 but never even budges from his folding chair when anybody comes up
>People constantly triggering $12 tasers, because some people try to tap into the "I went to a place with nothing but guns but I don't want a gun to defend myself" market
>Toe rings, candles, spice mixes for chili.
>"This here is a glawk 17, best pistol in the world and hard to come by, $750 for ya"
>promags for $30 a piece
>"this holster/carrier/knife/pouch/sight is a [namebrand] killer and is going to be the new standard"
>1 hour knife sharpening table
>The asshole who has cases of rusty 1911 mags and reproduction medals which is somehow the largest booth in the show but hand written "NOT FOR SALE" loose leaf sheets everywhere
>"ask for assistance/we do not actually want a sale"
>The one guy who sells his own reloads in ziplocs of 30/100 but can't tell you what bullet, powder, or case he used.
>Dragons breath $20 per shell
>>
>>30321517
If you like stinky old men in wheelchairs, roadkill beef jerky, blocks of carving wood, and scare tactic seller, then sure gun shows are great.
>>
I keep going to the same two. Hoping that one of the fudds will have a Nagant Revolver or a decently priced surplus M1 Carbine.

They never do though.

The only things I've ever bought at gun show were some 15 round High Power magazines.
>>
>>30321556
The one in fort worth is 10 bucks with free parking aint it?
>>
>>30321517
I usually just see a markup at a gunshow that would be cost+shipping if i were to order it online
>>
>>30321517
>Worth it going to a Gun Show?
no
>>
>>30321762
Hickory?
>>
It's kinda neat to look at all the stuff and you'll come across some deals and some stuff that's priced where it should be, but a lot is marked up. Don't impulse buy and do your research. I haven't gotten any steals on guns but I've gotten surplus ammo, stripper clips, bayonets, ammo cans and the like for slightly less than normal price.
>>
>>30322405
Closer to Asheville
>>
>>30322530
Waynesville? Im in asheville but i cant remember a show that was in the armory in years.
>>
File: XBEJHyL.jpg (129 KB, 818x960) Image search: [Google]
XBEJHyL.jpg
129 KB, 818x960
>>
Its worth it for "questionable" kits.
>>
>>30322544
Shelby. Lincolnton holds them in their Armory from time to time. or at least they used too.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.