[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA vs Russia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: Cold-War-610x356.jpg (38 KB, 610x356) Image search: [Google]
Cold-War-610x356.jpg
38 KB, 610x356
Who would win in a fight with no nuclear weapons USA or Russia?

I know USA spends a lot more on their military, but Russia has a significantly better track record and better decision making ability (Putin > Congress, President, Generals).
>>
>>30320939
Thousanthtimehavingthisthread.jpeg
>>
>>30320939
> Implying congress makes strategic decisions during a war.
>>
>>30320939
What's the objective of this theoretical war?
>>
>>30320939
Usa. why is this even a question
>>
>>30320939
Superpower vs 2nd tier declining state.

Really makes you think huh

summerfag.png
>>
>Russia has a significantly better track record and better decision making ability

Hey guys lets just fucking... i don't know.
93% for
7% against.
>>
>>30320939
If Russia is staging an invasion of the US, the US without a doubt.
>>
>>30320939
I think it depends on whether Russia has the ability to negate the USA's Air Superiority, i.e. S-400 and all that. I guess the thing to assume is that they overrun Europe, if they set up a strong Air-defense network that the USA can't over-come then they pretty much hold Europe and it's an Iron Curtain again.
>>
>>30320998
Human wave, losing to every rebel group ever, and poor as fuck. No, the only people who think Russia has a good army played too much MW2 and Battlefield or bought into the Red propaganda.
>>
America mantains logistical superiority throughout the conflict and keeps its armies warm with the fires of Moscow
>>
Doesn't matter who wins, the rest of the world loses.

The US needs to stop villainizing Russia due to the past relationship with the Soviet Union (that collapsed 25 fucking years ago, get over it) and Russia needs to stop intentionally pushing the US's buttons.

There is zero reason why two of the strongest superpowers in the world have to constantly be at odds over a threat of war the countries had in the past when both were considerably different countries than what they are today. We don't even need to be best buddies, but what is the point with constantly driving a wedge between us over stupid and pointless shit when there is so much that could get done if we could just get over the past?
>>
File: hey whats this.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hey whats this.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>30320939
>Russia has a significantly better track record and better decision making ability
>>
>>30321066
>Russia needs to stop pushing buttons
Like what?
>>
>pitting Russia against America
I mean maybe the USSR in the 50s could defeat America's military but Russia by itself cannot.
A better scenario is Russia/China vs America and that is a much more even scenario.
Russia could certainly conquer its way to the Atlantic but America is the ONLY REMAINING SUPERPOWER.
>>
>>30320966
the one that best suits my argument and choice of winner of course
>>
>>30321089

You do realize war is a means to an end right? It's something done to accomplish a specific objective that cannot be accomplished otherwise. So who is trying to accomplish what is the most important question to ask in trying to find out who would win.
>>
>>30321114
i'm not OP, i was just being a smart ass
>>
>>30321085
>Russia/China
Except Russia and China get along about as well as Russia and the US get along. Putin is tired of China's shit.
>>
>>30321066
Pretty much this.

But I'll bite for the sake of argument.if the goal is simple destruction of the opposing nations ability to wage a war, US, easily. America has too goddamn many bases everywhere, while most of Russias are concentrated in Russia or the former USSR. While Russia is trying to land missiles in 2 dozen places at once, the US can just mow over most of Northern Asia.
>>
>>30321127
Ah, my bad.
>>
File: HQuMeKv.jpg (120 KB, 700x642) Image search: [Google]
HQuMeKv.jpg
120 KB, 700x642
>>30320939

Is this a total or limited war?

Whose backyard is it being fought in?

Was this from escalating hostilities or lolrandom?
>>
>>30321114
He was taking the piss you retard, fucking trips, I swear to God....
>>
>>30321085
>>30321140
Wouldn't surprise me if Russia or China "helped" the USA in a war against the other.
USA vs China. Russian "helps" and gets to take a little more land and gets to knock their powerful neighbor and rival down a few pegs.
>>
File: 1452582090841.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
1452582090841.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Russia couldn't beat NATO, and NATO is a fucking shitshow that would get steamrolled by the US.
>>
>>30320939
You do realize that Russia only has the GDP of approximately California.

US , easy.
>>
>>30320939
The Caliphate.
The Caliphate wins.
>>
If this theoretical war involves an invasion of Russian soil by a US land army, I expect the Ruskies will beat them to a standstill and then bleed them out over time. Russia has a lot of hard land and that makes for a hard people.
>>
>>30321114
>tripfags in charge of not being autistic retards
>>
>>30320939

Who has the bigger GDP by several orders of magnitude?

USA wins by default.
>>
>>30320939
>better decision making
>Putin
topkek
>>
>>30320939
? Russia has a terrible track record at wars. Especially wars outside their own borders.

It's not even close, the US military is by far much better, larger and has real logistics and an airforce.
>>
File: 1323522127080.jpg (22 KB, 284x400) Image search: [Google]
1323522127080.jpg
22 KB, 284x400
>>30321376

But the USA is part of NATO. So the US would be attacking itself?

>>30321140
>>30321221

Its painfully to see how outdated your viewpoints of the Russian/Chinese relations are.

Nowaydays, they are on VERY friendly terms. Close allies.
>>
>>30320939
I seriously doubt that Russia in its current state would be able to take over just the Euros. America would just bomb them to dust.
>>
File: am amuse.jpg (103 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
am amuse.jpg
103 KB, 1024x576
>>30323693
>Russia
>allies

>China
>allies

>implying either country has a single country that they'd go to war on behalf of
>implying either country has a single country that would go to war on their behalf
>>
>>30321011
Except Russia can't over run Europe anymore. They would have trouble getting past Germany alone. Forget about all the old buffer countries that would jump at that chance to slaughter some ruskies.
>>
Well, I think it's worth consideration that the US doesn't have an endemic problem of its conscripts being pimped out to gays by their NCOs in downtown Moscow.
>>
>>30320939
>but Russia has a significantly better track record

wat
>>
>>30320939
Those who would profit the most. Especially from oil and munitions.
>>
>>30323693
>Nowaydays, they are on VERY friendly terms. Close allies.

no, they're not. not even close.

there is absolutely no guarantee that either would help the other out during a war. the russians still have nuclear weapons on the chinese border, like they always did.

russia's only ally is russia. they will through anyone under the bus if it suits them. china also has a land border with russia, which the usa doesn't. putin is aware of this, but they can only do so much about it.

words don't mean that much, especially when coming from those two.
>>
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 640x360
>>30320939
See bf4
>>
>>30320939
>USA vs. the country that consistently starts out big wars very badly and is currently a declining state
>Russia has a better track record than the USA in anything
>>
>>30324973
China has a variety of African nations that it is currently plundering for cheap oil/rare-earth-metals/other natural resources and I'd be willing to bet they'd put up a fuss if another nation invaded.
>>
>>30323239
The converse holds true for a Russian invasion of the US. There are 3 countries which are truly uninvadable- China, Russia, and the US. A handful of others could be invaded, but it would be ruinous for the aggressor. The ones in this category are Britain, Finland, Japan, Taiwan, Haiti, Best Korea, and probably Worst Korea. Oh, and Vietnam. Definitely don't fuck with Vietnam
>>
>>30325524
China is easily invadable, but a land war will be a fucking nightmare even with total air superiority. Russia would put up a fight but they have so few people and so much land they could not stop a foothold being made.

No country on the planet could get past the US Navy to land an invasion. No group of countries.
>>
>>30321005
Would russia even make it past the militias filled with trigger happy fucks all too happy to shoot soldiers for fun?
>>
>>30320939
>Russia has a significantly better track record
Jesus Cowadooty kids are really bad in the summer
>>
why would I go to a war against Russia?

This country is going to shit and you think I am gonna risk my life to defend it so a bunch of beaners (or worse, Muslims) get to take over in the future anyway?

Fuck that, I'll turncoat.
>>
File: 1466132447515s.jpg (3 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1466132447515s.jpg
3 KB, 124x125
there is no war with russia without nukes flying, all russian defense measures rely on nukes if things get bad.
>>
>>30320939
It would end up like every invasion of russia ever. Attackers would push to Moscow, fuck up somehow, and get bogged down and whittled away by the unforgiving russian climate.
>>
>>30320939
If the US is invading Russia or a close Russian ally, then Russia wins, any other way its probably the US winning.
>>
>>30321708
topkek

If the US would stop being a bunch of pussies who give a damn about their dumb "culture" and "civilian population", they would have those ISIS pigs wiped off of the face of the planet in a day.
>>
>>30330766
Correction. Didn't proof read that shit
ISIS's "culture" and "civilian population"****
>>
>>30321114
Holy fuck. Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.