[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna buy a gun. What do you recommend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Glock_17_MOD_45154998.jpg (692 KB, 3000x1934) Image search: [Google]
Glock_17_MOD_45154998.jpg
692 KB, 3000x1934
I wanna buy a gun. What do you recommend?
>>
>>30320422
A pre-2010 Glock in whatever caliber you like. Also, try for the threaded bore model, its only $50 more, and gives you options along with stepping up your velocity to the next size up.
>>
If you're not willing to learn anything about guns or the differences or what you may like then you get a Glock 19. It does pretty much everything you'd want out of a gun.
>>
>>30320422
Get a gun

Not a grenade
>>
>>30320422
Rifle:
Most 22lr or ar 15s are a good start.

Handgun:
An older glock as the finish has gone to shit
Sig p320
S&w SD9ve
>>
What kind of gun you looking at?

>Shotgun
Mossberg 590A1 or if you have little money, a Stevens 320

>Rifle
Smith & Wesson M&P-15, or if you need something cheaper, it has the Sport and Sport II variant

>handgun
A Glock 17 or anything similar (Ruger American, Steyr M9, M&P9, etc) if you prefer revolvers, Ruger GP100.

If you're poorer, an old Ruger P80/P90 series pistol, the Smith & Wesson SD9VE, or a Rock Island Armory 1911 (GI model), optionall the Taurus PT92, but you should get MecGar 17rd magazines to replace the Taurus magazines (they aren't always so nice, but MecGar is high quality and it'll make the PT92 behave).

If you're even poorer, there's the humble Hi-Point, it's heavy, it's ugly, most doesn't even hold 10 rounds, but it's really cheap, it's typically reliable, hard to break, and customer service is super helpful no matter if you bought it used or shot the wrong ammo (and is also free), if you have a Hi-Point, and you have a problem with it, they're happy to help.
>>
Ruger 10/22 if you want a rifle, Walther P22 if you want a handgun
If you want to go bigger get a nugget
>>
File: 320.jpg (119 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
320.jpg
119 KB, 960x540
>>30320655
>a Stevens 320
It's a pretty good budget gun. based on the Winchester 1300. 1300 accessories even fit on it. (though the gun's tang is shaped differently so you can't use 1300 stocks. Remington 870 stocks will fit fine however)

Although it has PRC stamped onto the barrel, it's handled everything i can muster. with a 3" chamber I've put assloads of slugs and turkey shot through it with no problem. but I've heard the older ones have weld issues on the slide.
>>
>>30320422
Nobody can answer that unless you give us more information. What is its primary use. What isbits secondary use. Where will it be stored.
>>
>>30320778
>870 stocks fit

Really? Have you swapped yours out?
>>
Sig p320 is best gun. If you want you can change the size, and sell the parts online.
>>
File: Hogue 870.jpg (8 KB, 365x240) Image search: [Google]
Hogue 870.jpg
8 KB, 365x240
>>30320934
i really hated how the original one felt. so i went and bought a hogue over mold for it.
Feels great now.

I didn't mind the original grip on the slide, and i liked that it covered the loading port upon opening the breach. so i don't plan on changing it out with a 1300 foregrip. But i have taken it off to compare with my dad's 1300 and they're interchangeable.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.