[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I'm in DC for the day. Is this museum worth driving to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: home page generic slide.jpg (135 KB, 940x400) Image search: [Google]
home page generic slide.jpg
135 KB, 940x400
Hey /k/

I'm in DC for the day. Is this museum worth driving to?
>>
>>30320219
Bump, I will be heading to D.C. next month
>>
>>30320219
Probably just has a bunch of muskets on display since "assault weapons" are too scary. Remember, this is still DC
>>
It's alright. Been a while since I went.

They have a nice range in the basement, if you bring your own stuff.
>>
>>30321245
It's an NRA museum, so ...no.
>>
>>30321245

Pretty sure it's in Northern Virginia.
>>
>>30321251
>>30321252
I stand corrected
>>
>>30320219
Yeah it's pretty cool, and the NRA range is fucking awesome.
>>
>>30320219
its ok.

went there last year.

the room filled with nothing but H&H was bretty cool

btw, its a good drive into VA, not DC, and if you're going in the direction you need to go to the Air and Space museum
>>
>>30321245
the NRA museum in on VA you dumb fuck
>>
>>30320219
Yes. The range there is nice too. Lots of guns from all tine periods. If you have seen rare guns on here, chances are the pics are from there.
>>
>>30320219
Depends. It's kinda out of the way from DC and DC has a lot of stuff to see if you haven't yet.
It's really cool and they have a lot of neat guns of all kinds. Not as big as the Buffalo Bill Firearns Museum in Cody, WY but the unique stuff and variety are definitely worth it. If you've seen all of DC then do as >>30321526 suggests and hit up the Air and Space.

That said, if it's your first time in DC and you're only there for the weekend I'd do the touristy stuff in and around DC. Hit up whatever Smithsonians you're into, the Spy museum, the crime and punishment museum, all the monuments, Arlington, and anything you can get last minute tickets too from your Congressmen.
>>
>>30321693
Also as an FYI there's a gallery on the NRA museum website that has pics of the guns if you can't make it. Not as cool as really seeing them but still worth checking out.
>>
northern Virginian here, the museum is about 7 miles outside of manassas if i can remember correctly, and its actually pretty cash, its got flintlocks, Spanish american war rifles, Winchester rifles and even some commie space guns and other cold war stuff, so yeah, go check it out
>>
>>30321693
dude the air and space in VA is FUCKING AWESOME.
space shuttle, enola gay, F35, F14, SR71, 360 degree simulators, nuclear missiles, mcdonalds and a billion other planes.
spend at least a day there.

Its way better than monuments. The only places in DC that arent stupid bullshit are WW2 memorial, vietnam memorial, and jefferson.

You can also try to golf at Trumps golf course.

Also there are fucking cops everywhere, fucking redlight cams everywhere, traffic is atrocious, there are a million other tourists who cant drive for shit, parking sucks, and everything is expensive as fuck.

the tickets your congressman give you dont mean anything.

get the crabcakes at the old ebbit grille
>>
>>30321820
Should still see DC if it's his first time. I agree the two museums in N Virgina are cooler but you can't go to DC and not see DC. You have to be idiot to drive in DC so traffic and parking shouldn't be an issue. Use the metro and Uber.

Also the Old Ebitt grill is the shit. OP better eat there.
>>
>>30321872
>You have to be idiot to drive in DC so traffic and parking shouldn't be an issue

unless you actually want to get somewhere, or have golf clubs or something you want to take with you.

Also the metro has a bad habit of killing its clientele and uber drivers are retarded.
>>
OP here

Did DC with my family a few years ago and saw most everything. I'm here alone now and just sort of seeing the stuff I really liked again and some other new stuff. Sitting in the Jefferson Memorial right now.

Did the NRA museum and was a little disappointed. Lots of cool guns and everything, but I think they expect you to know what all the guns are because none of them are really labeled. I enjoy firearms but I can't identify most on site so I was pretty clueless to what all I was looking at. That said, still a pretty neat museum.

Did air and space last time, but it's a bit late to go today. I'm heading back to where I'm working for the summer tonight so I won't get to visit this time. I remember loving it though.

Going to have to try Old Ebitt Grill later too since I've spent too much money today as it is. I'll keep it on my list though because it looks really good.
>>
>>30320219
Absolutely! Lots of old historical guns from the last 200 years or so. I live in northern Virginia and have been there several times. There is also an NRA range nearby.
>>
>>30321913
Get one of those tour bus passes that you can just hop on and off all day. They circle the mall so it's nice to just see what you can at each stop. Get to the archives early though or die a slow death in line. Also pick just one of the Smithsonians to see or you will waste all your time in them. I recommend the American history one for your first time.
>>
>>30321245
It's the NRA museum and it's in Virginia - you dope!
>>
>>30322662
Check out the online gallery. It has more information and multiple views.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.