[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada General Christmas ODG Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1445289035483.jpg (377 KB, 1900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445289035483.jpg
377 KB, 1900x1000
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EZCrqG5n

Current news:
>QC registry reinstatement. Govenment Petition Here.
https://www.assnat.qc.ca/fr/exprimez-votre-opinion/petition/Petition-5715/index.html
>Liberal moving forward with their currently unknown gun control measures.
>New petition to move AR-15 models to non restricted in the works.
>IRG looking to bring in legal 10/10 AK mags

New firearms now available to purchase on the Canadian market.
>Girsan MC28SA, Turkish striker fired 9x19
>UZKON BR99, Turkish magfed semi 12 gauge
>Dreya MK10, Turkish magfed semi 12 gauge
>Adler lever action shotguns
>>
Looks to me like the cheapest and most capable battle rifle available to Canadians is the SKS with some modifications.

Important features:
-semiautomatic
-takes magazines of 10 rounds or greater
-balanced for good pointability
-folding/sliding stock for easy transport in car/motorbike/skidoo/tractor/backpack

Arsenal refurbished SKS is $200
XCR mag adapter is $120

I haven't yet been able to find a stock that properly balances the SKS. Always too front-heavy. I've read that bullpup conversions do the trick, but I'd rather not and that's also illegal here. I think maybe a two-piece 3D printed stock with a steel sidefolder or H&K sliding stock would do the trick. For $400 you can get something almost as good as a VZ, which is $1000 and always out of stock.
>>
File: stcka214.gif (52 KB, 553x369) Image search: [Google]
stcka214.gif
52 KB, 553x369
>>28296076
Its the barrel that makes it front heavy more than anything else. Theres nothing much you can do to make it less front heavy. The only thing I can think of is getting a AR-15 compatible stock and putting a A2 on with lead weight in it and i'm not even sure if there are stocks that can use an A2 buffer tube.
>>
File: 1391622158938.png (112 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1391622158938.png
112 KB, 500x333
>>28296076
>$400 and a shitload of work including access to a 3d printer

i'd rather just buy a vz58, they're easier to strip and clean, theyre lighter and more ergonomic, and are drilled and tapped for a side optic mount
>>
>>28296204
>>28296213
I was thinking of making a stock that would place the pistol grip in between the trigger and the magazine well, using a piece of steel to actuate the trigger similar to how the bullpup stocks work. This should balance the gun better without adding weight and would let me press the stanag magazine release with my trigger finger. I'd also build a mechanism so I can operate the safety with my thumb and install a bolt release on the left side so I can do an HK slap.

Sure a VZ is a nicer rifle, but the cheapass in me knows that I can have 3 equally capable SKS for the price of one VZ and a couple hours in the shop.
>>
>>28296309
Look up Matador Arms' Sabertooth stock. Accepts all AR grips and all that, apparently.
>Gonna buy an HD shotgun after Christmas
Maverick 88s are >$300 here, are they decent?
Also, what's a cheap pistol/Scout optic you guys can reccomend? NC Star and AimPoint are cheap, but are they shit?
>Can't decide if I want to finish my SKS scout build or buy motorcycle parts.
>>
>>28297261
>Maverick 88s are >$300 here, are they decent?
They're not bad essentially budget Mossberg 500 clones.

>Also, what's a cheap pistol/Scout optic you guys can reccomend? NC Star and AimPoint are cheap, but are they shit?
NCStar are mostly shit, AimPoint red dots are got tier but expensive as fuck.
>>
>>28297521
Isn't Maverick a Mossberg line?
And can you reccomend a scout or pistol scope that isn't shit? I was just drawn to the airshit pricing on the NC and AimPoint scopes.
>>
>>28297752
>Isn't Maverick a Mossberg line?
Yeah probably, its just made way cheaper.

>And can you reccomend a scout or pistol scope that isn't shit? I was just drawn to the airshit pricing on the NC and AimPoint scopes.
Non magnified, Holosun (~$200)
Magnified, any 3x or 4x fixed power scope in the $250+ range
>>
>>28294989
Would you stop advertising these t*urkroach guns for sale?
>>
>>28297874
U mad turks funding isis
>>
Anyone else excited for the new Edmonton range opening up north side?
>>
Anyone know how angsty the RCMP or Fish and Wildlife get if they catch you plinking on old oil leases in the foothills(Central Alberta here)? Not national parks or near main highways obviously.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2448x2448
I'am down to 700rds of 7.62x39, where is the best place to stock up now? Best I've found is tradex at 19 cents a round.
>>
>>28298710
Cheapest is 18 cents a round for the russian shit at tradeex. Same price at marstar but for them you have to add shipping.

>>28297883
So are the Americans, but I would still buy American gun parts if it wasn't for ITAR making everything a hassle. If they'll flat out give weapons to known terrorist groups I don't understand why I can't buy cheap AR500 plates. I'm a good boy, I dindu nuffin!

The turks are probably one of the worst people on earth though. I can understand not wanting to give money to turks, but their shotguns are pretty solid and incredibly cheap.
>>
>>28298566
Not for $600 yearly memberships, I'm not. That Stony one had dwindling membership due to the high prices and "sekret club, you guys are all fags" mentality they apparently had. So I can't bring myself to feel bad for them.
>>
Got a free Chink SKS stock from a guy, seems thicker and less tapered than my Russian stock. Is this normal? I like how tight it holds my '50 Tula, but it feels fat. Is it worth the effort to sand it down and refinish it, or should I find another?

Also, did they ever make chink SKSes with blade bayonets?
>>
>>28300733
The general consensus on SKSes is that the Chinese had the better wood, and the Russians had the better metal.

You've got the cream of the motherfucking crop, nigga. Most people have to buy an SKS and a Type 56 (the Chinese SKS) to be able to do that. Type 56s are also typically more expensive than a real SKS, making this combination a real money sink. And you got yours for free.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 600x398
>>28300829
I do like the stock, but it's got flaws.
>Fatter than a Russian, feels a bit odd. May need to file certain spots a bit.
>Tight, so goddamned tight it isn't funny (will this help accuracy?)
>Meant for a spike bayonet, this has a blade. Best I can think is to mark and carve the correct notch, then closely match the wood with something similar and fill in the massive spike bayo gap before refinishing

I don't really understand what makes the Chinese wood so much better. That being said, I hope to sand this horrible stain job off and expose the blonde Chu wood under it, then maybe clearcoat it for protection.
>Pic related, sorta. I want to make a Scout build
>>
muh norinco
>>
>>28297874
Haha all these hours later and i realize i still put the 'u' in t*rk
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.