[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any experience with the Glock 80% lower? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: PF940PartsDiagram.jpg (884 KB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
PF940PartsDiagram.jpg
884 KB, 2100x1500
Does anyone have any experience with the Glock 80% lower?

I'm thinking of putting one together for a weekend project.

Any other 80% frames I should get instead?

I guess 80% thread.
>>
>>30317827
Do it just take your time with the rear rails, you have a lot more room for error while removing the excess material in the front.
>>
>>30317827
I'm dying to do one of these but the price is too damn high atm. The panic + how new this is + glock parts and slide suppliers not expecting/being prepared for this influx of orders makes right now the wrong time imo. There will be a huge cost and a huge wait to get backordered high-demand parts.

There is a fucker on GB who is selling a whole g17 or g23 kit (all parts + 80% lower) for $800. That's about as annoying as .22lr scalpers. Fuck that shit
>>
File: ak.jpg (309 KB, 1783x3096) Image search: [Google]
ak.jpg
309 KB, 1783x3096
Why is this not a bigger deal to people? /ggg/ threads go pretty long with pics of guns made by raul in his garage in honduras with not explanation of how it works or how to replicate it but noone talks about this simple way to build an unserialized handgun. THIS is how we end gun control. People need to be more diy oriented or this world is going to keep getting more and more dependent, liberal and shitty.

posting relevant content
>>
File: glock.png (1 MB, 1783x2522) Image search: [Google]
glock.png
1 MB, 1783x2522
>>30320008
because the "not shitty" and far easier version of a DIY glock is a marigold kit and a wire welder.

no need for a mill or nigger rigged cutting head on a drillpress, just tack and weld the peices together into your ugly but functional pistol frame and sheath it in a $5 airsoft glock 17 body for a s t h e t i c s
>>
>>30320008
You have to recover the spirit of self direction and self reliance before that will ever happen. Even if everyone had easy access to tools, plans, and materials, I doubt that many would even bother to make these. Similarly, there has been readily available access to programming and engineering materials, online coursework, wide availability of resources and the proliferation of low-cost computers yet few people are writing their own software or solving their own problems. Surely more are now, but most have no interest and no desire to be self starters.
>>
I have access to a machine shop, and the easiest thing to duplicate is the FCU on the SIG p250/320. It's also far and away cheaper and more reliable than this Glock diy.
>>
>>30320055
Go on
>>
>>30320070
I was thinking of doing a kickstarter for an 80% kit, maybe when things calm down.
>>
>>30320138
Now is the right time. Matrix Precision Parts sells frames and jigs for about $300 for a frame and $280 with the rail cutting jig, and drilling jig. If you could undercut them, you could beat them.

People are hungry for 80% handgun frames that aren't 1911s.
>>
>>30320036
>What kindof faggot would want to use a dremel on a glock, I mean no one that matters even HAS a drillpress, nothin personel kid
>Just buy a $5 airsoft glock and use your welder (you DO HAVE a welder, don't you?) and nigger rig it together till it blows up in 50 rounds
that makes sense lol
>>
File: marigold kit glock.jpg (108 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
marigold kit glock.jpg
108 KB, 800x533
>>30320520
>this much sour grapes
those plastic shitheaps wouldn't even get to 50 rounds. real glocks have metal frame rails for a reason.

real DIY glock coming through
>>
>>30320899
>shoot shitty metal glock
>hands start screaming JUST
>>
File: IMG_3431.jpg (55 KB, 650x493) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431.jpg
55 KB, 650x493
>>30320055
is the fcg just the metal bit at the top of pic related? It looks like a complex shape to my eye, but It also seems like you could water jet a million of these 80% and let people drill the holes out themselves.

Does anyone have a guide for 0%ing one of these?
>>
File: 1345731183261.jpg (97 KB, 400x284) Image search: [Google]
1345731183261.jpg
97 KB, 400x284
>>30320967
at this point I'm 90% sure you're OP and OP just so happens to be a paid shill for the happy merchants selling this shitty 80% glock frame that would instantly break due to not having metal frame rails. the other 10% is that you're just a shill for the company trying to "correct" people on your product like a hillary drone.

marigold kits work and can be made pretty, the abortion in the OP would blow up and launch the slide into the user's face on the first shot. stay mad m8
>>
>>30321049
>that would instantly break due to not having metal frame rails
You're fucking retarded. I've put near 1k rounds through mine and it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>30321141
no you haven't
why would you come on the internet just to tell lies?

shill confirmed
>inb4 something something 3mm of plastic wouldn't shear instantly under the force of a pistol slide and glock is just stupid for putting 2 metal inserts into their guns because unlike an AR lower a pistol frame has to deal with significant forces being applied to it.
>>
File: 80.jpg (85 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
85 KB, 650x433
>>30321049
I gave you one (you) and left, you are arguing with about 3 three people it would seem.

I assume you are one of the fudds that thinks polymer AR lowers (80% or not) are also plastic toys bound to explode?
>>
>>30321395
Not him but I hear the holes widdle them selves out
>>
>>30321395
polymer lowers are fucking stupid when you can buy a milspec aluminum one for 49.99, but just because you could break a carbon15 over your knee doesn't mean polymer LOWERS don't work.

now a polymer pistol frame that doesn't have metal inserts for frame rails and high stress locations? like fucking hell that would actually work for more than one shot. every production polymer framed pistol uses metal frame rails for a reason. this NEW product is a guaranteed glocknade for the first person to actually assemble one.
>>
>>30320899
You are aware that the glock on the right is just the same as the others, but in an airsoft frame.. right?
>>
>>30321406
I'm >5K rounds in and haven't had a problem with pins moving. And I've very generous with my lube.
>>
>>30321455
Every product has a purpose. Polymer lowers are lighter and the 80% polymer lowers are way easier to work with.
>>
>>30323034
>the point
>
>
>
>your head

what part of "weld together a marigold frame and put in a glock 17 airsoft gun shell to make a durable not shit tier DIY glock that won't explode like this retarded kit due to no rear slide rail " 2 posts up did you not understand in reference to that image.
>>
>>30323418
Nutn "muh oz become lbs" fancy plz go

if you can plunge cut out a polymer lower you can plunge cut out an aluminum lower, but both is dumb because stripped lowers cost 50 bucks and the clinton gun registry won't know bout dem 15 AR lowers after your local FFL burns down in a mysterious case of jewish lightning.

you are now aware it's actually perfectly legal for the guvment to track the sale of 80% lowers BECAUSE they are not guns. a gun registry is illegal thanks to several federal laws, a registry of every III%er with 50 80% lowers is perfectly fine on that yottabyte of storage space in utah
>>
>>30323467
Oh.. now I get it. Sorry for looking like an ass.
>>
>>30320008
Amen
>>
>>30323514
Keeping track of a bunch of unserialized slabs of metal is a fucking nightmare.

They have enough trouble maintaining a nfa registry.
>>
>>30321037
Is that the legal gun or is it the polymer frame? Because there are SIG P250 3d models for printing
http://www.printedfirearm.com/3d-printed-sig-p250-frame/
>>
>>30323514
you are fucking retarded. Almost as stupid as a liberal
>>
>>30320899
those kits haven't been sold in years have they?
>>
File: nano4.jpg (16 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
nano4.jpg
16 KB, 400x266
>>30323787
fcg of the nano and the p250 and . . . that one ruger pdx or whatever the fuck its called, is the serialized part of the gun, because its what the trigger connects to and somehow thats what courts decided a gun was. So you can theoretically swap calibers and frames and slides and barrels and its all the same "gun" because the fire control group is the same. The sig fcg looks like you could home build it, same with the nano. pic related.

I dont know about the viability of buying parts to build up a completed gun though. I know with glocks and 1911s you end up spending as much as you would or more on a fully built gun. With 1911s you can mix and match stuff you wouldnt be able to find anyplace else though, so it actually makes some sense.
>>
>>30324504
ok so any kit would need to be the FCG. Still, it should be easy to stamp and drill something that size from an 80% if somebody made an 80%
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.