[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/. So about an hour ago I was driving home with my gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 00 legs gun .jpg (59 KB, 640x421) Image search: [Google]
00 legs gun .jpg
59 KB, 640x421
Hey /k/.

So about an hour ago I was driving home with my gf from work and someone got right on my ass in their car and followed me all the way to my driveway. I stopped short, making sure they were stuck in the street. They sped off in the direction we both came from, nearly crashing into my neighbors yard, and the only details I could catch was the color of the car and that it was very badly damaged on the side.

I'm worried that this unknown person now knows where I live and I have nothing to defend myself except for a bow with very few arrows. I'm officially scared enough to go buy a firearm now. I'm on a tight budget, but I'm hoping you guys could help me out.

>http://www.blythesgungear.com/

Thats the main gunstore in the area. I can afford up to $500, but honestly am not sure what would be good considering I have never shot and can only assume I'm inaccurate. I'd like to go first thing in the morning and get the license paperwork started. Hopefully it doesn't take long.

I know I should lurk, but I don't feel I can wait. It could've been over if this person followed us in or refused to leave, and I can't risk that twice.

Thanks for reading.
>>
High point carbine and some hollow points
>>
You are an idiot for leading them back to your neighborhood. You know how afraid you are right now, feel it and think to yourself.

>My dumb ass caused this

You don't need a gun, you need opsec.
>>
>>30317511
They pulled up behind me like a block away from my house. I live in the country, so there are always dipshits flying around. I never would've imagined he'd follow me into my driveway.

For what its worth, I am now paranoid as all Hell.
>>
Buy a pistol (something similar to a Glock 19 or M&P 9)
Practice with it

As far as tactical awareness goes, next time stop at a house that isn't yours and park on the curb, don't get out, wait for them to leave. That way they don't know where you live and they don't think you live at that house. If they don't leave, get the plate number and a vehicle description and call it in to the police, they may be wanted for any number of reasons and you helped them locate a criminal.
>>
>>30317510
Not a bad idea if you actually need to fire the gun in self defense and hit the guy. You're only out maybe 300 bucks when they take it for evidence and inevitably fuck it up or let it rust to shit while it's in evidence for however long the feel like keeping it or if thr situation where you fired on the guy is questionable.
>>
>>30317525
As you should be.

The question now is, are you so much of a pussy faggot that you can't even pull the trigger, making the gun purchase pointless?

If the answer is no, then I suggest a mossberg 500 pump shotgun and a box of 00 buckshot. Or if you're a weak faggot made of leaves and twigs, maybe some number 4 birdshot instead.

Oh, also, have you ever seen, held, and shot a gun before? If not, watch a crap load of youtube videos of the specific gun you are getting (Again, I highly reccomend a mossberg 500 pump shotgun. Cost is aprox. 300.) and try to learn how the thing works from those before ever putting ammo in yours. Then put some in, and cycle the gun a few times while on safe so that you get a feel for how much force you're going to have to use to eject shells, and how much distance the pump has to travel.
>>
>>30317537

Dear god no.

Full retard advice.

Definitely get a pistol carbine or a shotgun, both are cheap and deadly and easy to use.
>>
>>30317488
Get the Mossberg 500 with a sub 20" barrel. Then spend $10 on 00 buckshot shells and $5 blasting caps to practice loading the damn thing. Cheap, reliable and damn near retard proof.
>>
Go out and get yourself a nice black powder pistol. When you miss you'll still be able to use it as a club and if you hit well the good news is that they'll have a nice big hole in them. And it'll always be a nice conversation piece.
>>
>>30317578
This thing? And yeah, I wouldn't have much a problem removing a human from my property.
>>
>>30317488
>I'm worried that this unknown person now knows where I live

This is why you don't drive to your house when someone is following you. Duh.
>>
>>30317585
>Definitely get a pistol carbine or a shotgun, both are cheap and deadly and easy to use.
How the fuck is that gonna help him if someone rolls up on him where he can't immediately access his trunk or underneath the backseat of his truck?
>>
>>30317611
You want one with a stock.
>>
>>30317611
No, this thing: http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/store/details/Mossberg+500-12-Gauge-Pump-Action-Shotgun-Combo/0310105330003/_/A-742353?
>>
>>30317617
Anon, again. If I knew I were being followed, I wouldn't have. When you live in BFE, people go 80 all the time in a 40 and I just thought he was simply being a dick, expecting me to speed up. It is very common.

>>30317619
I'm willing to buy a gun and get my concealed carry as well as one for home defense.
>>
>>30317585
His advice was not retarded at all sperg.
>>
>>30317629
Okay, but I don't have one of those stores around me. Should I just bring a picture of it into my local gun shop that I linked to?
>>
>>30317619
Well if he knows where OP lives since OP led the guy to his house one could assume that he would attempt to hurt him at his own house rather than a public place.
>>
>>30317645
Go to any gunstore ever and ask for "mossberg 500 with security barrel", which is a barrel that is 18.5 inches long, rather than 28 inches long. MUCH handier in a home defense situation. Make sure you buy new.

Also, if you can't find one with the security barrel, just find one in general and buy a security barrel online, like this: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/mossberg-500-security-barrel-12-gauge-185-bead-sight-smooth-cylinder-bore-steel-blued-finish-90015-015813900157.do
>>
OP here.

Is this Mossberg 500 a gun that, should I not be home and an intruder come around, my girlfriend could easily fire it?
>>
>>30317692
if she's not a retard and can get an actual cheek weld then yes.
>>
>>30317711
>cheek weld
Had to look up the term. A bit worried about losing teeth from the kick. Don't you shoot a shotgun from the hip?
>>
>>30317692
>girlfriend
>girl
>doing anything correctly, ever

Honestly the best defense for a woman is another creature that can do her defending for her. Like a dog, or boyfriend.
>>
>>30317510
This. Either a HI-point carbine or a HI-point 9mm with some good hollow points is the cheapest possible shit you can get.
>>
>>30317671

You probably don't have time to wait for it to be delivered if you buy online, so you should just buy the 28 inches one and saw it off. The shorter it is the easier it will be to maneuver inside your place, and if the need to carry it outside arises you could even be able to conceal it in your coat.
>>
>>30317722
>from the hip

Oh this is some weird bait thread. Huh.
>>
>>30317692
If she practices with it yes. You said you live in BFE, spend every Sunday grilling chicken or frying fish and shooting on your back porch. And remind her that anybody that unlawfully enters your home intends to do bodily harm to you or her and should be met with equal or deadlier force. It doesn't matter if she has trouble shooting it if she won't do it when it counts. Also, try out different types of ammo. Anybody over 100lbs can comfortably shoulder and shoot 12ga 8 shot. Just work your way up from there with her I've dropped coyotes with well placed 12 ga 3" 4 shot. I'd imagine it has a similar effect on huemans as long as they aren't pumped up on drugs.
>>
>>30317722
Anon pls. I weigh 165lbs and I can dump all 6 3" magnum buckshot shells from my 500 very rapidly and stay on target reasonably well.

Shotguns aren't what you see in movies
>>
>>30317722
Don't ever shoot from the hip. Just ask the guy at the counter to demonstrate a good cheek weld for you. It won't knock your teeth because the force of the recoil travels backwards along the gun.
>>
>>30317488

relax you fuckin sissy

>if pro criminals were tailing you, you wouldn't have noticed
>if they were casing your place, you wouldn't have seen them
>if they were crazy, they would have just ended your shit right there

I could go on and on, but basically, you're butt blasted over a high-school level prank. You should still buy a gun though, because you never know man.... you never know.

Get yourself a maverick 88 special purpose. they're the best 12ga on the market for a guy on a budget, under $200 freedom bucks for home protections. spend another $200 for a second shotgun in the car, and another 200 for a double defense 9mm you can stick up your vagina for concealed carry.
>>
>>30317692
Get her to a range and see if an instructor can show her how to use it. If used properly she shouldn't have a problem.
>>
>>30317488
To make this as easy as possible, get a Mossberg 500 (12 GA with the 8 round tube magazine), and some 0000 buckshot. Make sure you and anyone who lives with you (who is responsible) knows where it's and KNOWS EXACTLY HOW TO USE IT. Keep a round in the chamber and let it be the first in a long line of future firearm purchases.
>>
>>30317488
walmart has mossbergs for like 250 remingtons for like 280 and some noname one for 175 to 225
go there find the one you like spend the rest of the money on ammo
>>
>minor road rage incident
>omg I need to go buy a gun now
>fast forward 6 months, op shoots himself in the dick
>GF leaves him for the road rager
Welcome to /k/, you'll spend the rest of your waking hours shitposting here when you're not masturbating with the one pair of panties she accidentally left behind
>>
>>30317488
>>30317787
>Keep a round in the chamber
Keep in mind most pump actions don't have a drop safety but are otherwise retard proof.
Also you could get a handgun and down the line cc or glovebox it - just don't get a kel tec or a .22.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.