[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 22/23
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1452511514674.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452511514674.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
Aside from being a .40, are they actually terrible shooters? This is when capacity is not of any consideration.
>>
>>30316055
they're fine, stop listening to spergs
>>
>>30316055
This is mostly personal preference speaking, but I like the 23 more than the 19. There's a subtle difference in the balance in hand that just make it point a little more naturally for me.
>>
.40 has a snappier recoil profile which means more time to realign sights between shots. Accuracy isn't affected much is shooting slowly, but if you're trying to shoot fast it will be affected. Ammo cost is also higher, which could mean less practice.

Now that said, I own a Glock 23 myself. I can manage it in .40, I love being able to buy ammo mid-panic. At the end of the day however, I mostly appreciate my drop in 9mm conversion barrel.
>>
>>30316055
My dad got that .40 from a friend. They thought it has too much kick and so does he. I have a Glock 19 which is a 9mm. Perfect amount of kick. You don't need to shoot .45, thats why hollow points exist. A 9 vs 45 has half the kick and wider bullets after penetration than a 45.
>>
>>30317423
The panic availability of it and .357 sig. is a pretty nice benefit as well. The .40 and the .357 sig models use pretty much the same everything except the barrel and the mags. You can even get away with skipping the mags if you want.
>>
>>30318911
I just wrap tape around my .357 rounds until it's sort of the same size as .40 when I have to get ammo mid panic.
>>
>>30318749
I'm sorry you're retarded, but handgun ammo comes down to personal preference and ability. Some people legitimately shoot .45acp better because they like the specific recoil impulse of the .45. Ammunition technology hasn't magically left .40 and .45 untouched by the same miracle bestowed on 9mm.

>A 9 vs 45 has half the kick and wider bullets after penetration than a 45.
Get the fuck out if here
>>
>>30318921
So you head space on tape or let the extractor do the work....right

Fuck this thread
>>
>>30318911
>The panic availability of it and .357 sig. is a pretty nice benefit as well

oh shut up with this meme garbage
>>
>>30316055

> balance
> angle of grip
> retention
> disconnect/how the trigger feels
> IWB, OWB and other forms of carrying

Those are the only things that matter when it comes to personal preference. Listen, does it work in almost every set of circumstances? Ok, would you feel bad with it being fucked up a bit from carrying EDC or often? No, then get it.

Glocks are going to be the popular EDC for a long long time until someone shits on their form of basic striker fire; which it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
>>
>>30318749
>kick
>>
>>30318749

Stop. You're done here.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.