[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australia is closer to the Falklands then the UK, so why wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Australia is closer to the Falklands then the UK, so why wasn't the RAN called upon to defend the Commonwealth? They still has a serviceable carrier at the time
>>
They did not need Australia to win the war
>>
>>30315876
>They still has a serviceable carrier at the time
No they didn't. Also the Falklands is a British dependency and not part of the commonwealth.
>>
>>30315876
The entire point of England fighting alone in the Falklands was to show the English people that England could defend its clay against aggression.

Now I suspect highly that the US gave England open access to our intelligence assets
>>
>>30316065
>Now I suspect highly that the US gave England open access to our intelligence assets
AKA Carlos, an unemployed Argentinian bum.
>>
>>30316065
Koff tanker support koff
>>
File: britsgottabrit.jpg (109 KB, 960x648) Image search: [Google]
britsgottabrit.jpg
109 KB, 960x648
>>30316065
>>
>>30316065
>England fighting alone
>English
>England
>England

I realise the terms are interchangeable to some, but say British.
>>
>>30315876
No strategic value to Australia.
We only said yes to ww1 and 2 because the Royal Navy was still of some use for maritime security at the time.
>>
>>30316065
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
>>
>>30315876
New Zealand sent a frigate to help but that relieved a british frigate's other duties so that it could join the task force and make it an all-british affair.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.