[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with a purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ruger-superblackhawk.jpg (791 KB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
ruger-superblackhawk.jpg
791 KB, 3072x2048
Hey guys,

I have saved up about 500 dollars for a rainy day. Should I buy new arrows for my Bear recurve bow, or a Single Action Ruger Blackhawk .44 revolver? I want to mull this over before I make any concrete decisions.
>>
Blackhawks are alright, although you could do much better.
>>
>>30313972
>972▶
>Blackhawks are alright, although you could do much better.

Such as?
>>
File: Big Iron.jpg (685 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Big Iron.jpg
685 KB, 1920x1080
>>30313875

Blackhawks are pretty rad.

Basically indestructible. Heavy enough that the recoil isn't punishing.

Here's mine. Bought it used for almost nothing. The wood is beat to shit and cracked, most of the bluing is gone, but it functions perfectly.
>>
>>30314353
Looks nice, man. That's a cowboy gun if I ever saw one.
>>
>>30314316
DESU, I'd say get a SAA replica if you want a single action revolver.
>>
>>30314376
An SAA replica and a blackhawk are completely different guns. You buy an SAA because you want an SAA, and accept the limitations of the frame. You buy a blackhawk because you want to shoot stupid hot 44mag.

OP asked if he should get an overstuffed recliner, and you suggested a wicker basket chair. Nothing wrong with it, but a completely different experience, and much more likely to break if you put to much in it.
>>
Why get a single action that isn't a .45 Colt SAA repro? Looks like a good gun... but it's not SAA classic.
>>
>>30314703
>>30314659
>>
>>30313875
Get the Blackhawk and live my dream, I want one soon myself.
>>
>>30313875

What will you use more?

I like to shoot my bows but when it comes down to it, I'd probably pick the 44. I have a 629 and am picking up a 4" 500 tomorrow, LOL. You won't regret the big bore Ruger. Awesome guns.

I would check out some inexpensive carbon arrows for just mucking around or hunting with. Learn to re-fletch, cut and tune your own arrows. Time and money well spent. My hunting arrows are about $5 each and I can touch shafts at 30 yards. I learned it all on youtube bruh.

Protip: I love blued guns but for a little more cash, I would get the stainless. I don't cringe anymore when it rains and I am sitting in a tree stand. Oh, and the Rugers with out the transfer bar safety are worth more BUT I would look for one with that safety incase you drop the gun. I almost dropped my Ruger 22 once and went to catch it - it it would not have had that safety it could have went off toward me. Have fun!
>>
>>30314782

I would also try to get the regular trigger guard model. Some people call that gun the knuckle buster due to the squared off guard. I have shot both and never had an issue but your grip may differ.

I also have 2 Ruger Old Army revolvers which share the Blackhawk frame. I shoot 45 colt out of one with a conversion cylinder. I recommend Hunter holsters if you are looking for something nice. I found my holsters used on an ebay listing for the low price of $20 for both. They even cam with a rad gun belt.
>>
>>30314895

Fuddtastic but abundant and pretty sweet.

http://www.huntercompany.com/HunterCatalog/index.html#16
>>
I love Blackhawks. That's a classic. A friend of mine had one in .44 mag shortend to 5.5" and with some really hot H-110 loads it was like a camera flash in an indoor range.

Blackhawks like that actually carry really nice. I've slipped mine in my belt at the 4:30 under a Pendleton shirt position and didn't feel under-armed, for sure.
>>
Get the Bisley. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>30313875
What arrows would you even spend $500 on? Even for made to order that's an absurd amount of money for (I'm assuming) a dozen.
>>
>>30313875
i have two ruger single actions, they are a lot of fun, very tuneable and durable
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.