[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /K/, body armour / fashion question here I want to wear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 220x229
Alright /K/, body armour / fashion question here

I want to wear AR500 plates in a minimalist carrier on a daily basis.
I almost always wear a leather jacket, much like pic related (not me in the pic tho), with usually a t shirt underneath. I'm thinking I'll wear the vest over the shirt, then the jacket over the vest. If I zip it up i don't think there'll be any issue as people will assume its a weird sweatervest, but I'm worried the nogunz normies will call the cops on me if I have my jacket open and vest exposed. This shouldnt be a problem in most places, (I live in the midwest, cops are usually cool with cc / open carry guys) but what about on a college campus? Is it illegal to openly wear body armour in certain places (like banks, schools, and other "gun-free-zone" type places?)
>>
>>30313110
>banks
This one I'm sure will give you a shitload of trouble unless you're wearing ceramic stuff.

They have metal detectors pretty much everywhere in banks.
>>
>>30313123
Ok, I'll take it off before I go in to cash my paycheck, but is there any other place I might have to look out for?
>>
>>30313110
>always wears leather jacket
Unless you daily drive a bike or something that's pretty autistic desu
>>
>>30313174
I do daily drive a yamaha xj600, but I wore the jacket daily before that. I act like a stereotypical autist, not gonna lie.
>>
>>30313190
Only an autist would wear plates everyday for no reason
>>
>>30313110
>I always wear a leather riding jacket with ballistic plates sown into it

You wear T-shirts that say "infidel" to the range as well autismo?
>>
>people in the USA unironically wear body armor when they're not specifically targeted

what the fuck?
>>
Tunnel Snakes rule
we're the Tunnel Snakes
that's us

and we rule
>>
>>30313110

Just wear soft body armour. Chances are that you will more likely come up against a handgun threat. Unless you are built like a tank, the plates will draw attention.

I've worn a vest for over a decade without issue. (Cop-fag)
>>
>>30313783
this
soft armor gives you more coverage for a more common threat
-also-
you're gonna be wearing this shit errday might as well save up for ceramics. still pants-on-head but at least you'll be comfortable, familia
>>
>>30313484
No I wear shirts with kawaii anime waifus on them to the range

And I'm not gonna sow on plates, I'm just gonna wear a minimalist carrier underneath the jacket. I'm just asking if I'll be arrested for doing so
>>
>>30313896
I still wanna wear plates for stab / blunt force protection. I know they make anti-stab plates for soft vests, but I heard they can fail, and also I dont want the soft vest to wear out if I store it improperly. I doubt AR500 goes bad if you throw it in the closet when its all sweaty, but ive read that can ruin soft armour.
>>
>>30313515
I am a homo, arguably I could be considered "targeted". Plus theres tons of crackheads in my town.
>>
>>30313386
I'm an autist and I live in a relatively sketchy area.
>>
>>30314017
soft armor gets thrashed through sweat and mechanical force (sweating and walking around).
>>30314042
>worried about crackheads
>"fuck stab protection and pistol threats! i'll prepare for rifle threats, because i only want to pay to protect my life once"
-you
get a CCW and soft armor
>>
>>30314079
Wait, so steel plates dont protect against knives and pistol bullets now?

And I cant CC in my state, I'm 18 and you gotta be 21.
>>
>>30314075
that is still really autistic. Unless hipoint is a guarantee in your future it isn't worth it
>>
>>30314109
don't be obtuse. plates only protect the heart and lungs area of your torso from the front (unless you're gonna be wearing back plates too [~19 pounds lol]). Soft armor encircles your whole torso. in addition some soft armor is pistol and stab resistant, which matches your threat.
Make whatever purchase you want but consider the right tool for the job
>>
>>30313123
But that's bullshit because I've literally carried my firearm in every bank I've been in
>>
>>30314199
ps. some soft armor has plate pockets. maybe get the soft armor for the crackheads, then add plates for the crackheads with ARs
>>
File: 20160616_205112.jpg (4 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160616_205112.jpg
4 MB, 4032x3024
I was posting here yesterday
I bought pic related with a flat back plate
>>
>>30314234
i have that holster
how much did you pay for plates and carrier?
>>
Dude just get stab resistant soft armor. The odds of you getting accosted by a crackhead with a rifle are next to none. We all know the statistics on pistol vs. rifle crimes.
>>
>>30314225
Thats actually a really good idea, I think I'll do that!
>>
>>30314234
Took out the back plate and put it in here
Plate comes up to about the red line
I'll wear it as a normal backpack and flip it over in case of an active shooter on campus ever happening
No one even knows it's on me
>>
>>30314274
Again, I'd rather not have soft armour because daily wear will make it useless within months and I'm a poorfag
>>
File: 20160617_180504.jpg (816 KB, 2896x2896) Image search: [Google]
20160617_180504.jpg
816 KB, 2896x2896
>>30314303
And then I forgot the pic because I'm retarded
>>30314262
I paid 340 for it all
The front plate is curved, they're both the biggest plates they had available and they're fragmentation preventing kind
>>
>>30314317
>useless within months
niqqa how much money do you think cops spend on this stuff?
conservative estimates for vest lifecycles are 5 years, and this is for cops that wear them all day errday while running after criminals and spilling jelly donut filling on it.
>>
>>30313110
So you already got the leather jacket. Just get some ceremic plates, Kevlar, and maybe chainmail to put in it. Some tessellated titanium for the joints. Also make sure the jacket is made out of moose skin, not cows skin.
>>
>>30314425
Oh, well, I guess I'll look into soft body armour then...
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.