[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /k/ I am looking to buy a .308 rifle. Is the Remington
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0069-e1384184153955[1].jpg (251 KB, 1376x760) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0069-e1384184153955[1].jpg
251 KB, 1376x760
hello /k/

I am looking to buy a .308 rifle. Is the Remington 700 a good consideration?
>>
>>30312342
It certainly isn't a bad consideration.

What is your budget, and what are you wanting to use it for? Hunting, long range, target shooting, all of the above, etc?

Other options include the Tikka T3 (I'd highly suggest the CTR), or a Mossberg MVP, or a Savage Model 11.
>>
>>30312374
most likely all of the above.
>>
>>30312342
they're def nice guns

just be careful about switching the saftey on with one in the chamber as that is a known defect
>>
>>30312387

>Defect which causes the safety to act as a trigger, which Remington knew about but never bothered to fix
>Nice gun
>>
>>30312385
Tbh any of those rifles will be fine for what you want to do. Being a Tikka fanboy, and owner of one, I'd suggest the T3 CTR. The only downside is that there are no iron sights, and the mags are Sako TRG mags so they aren't exactly cheap.

Go to your LGS and ask to handle some of those, and make up your mind that way. Throw some good quality optic like a Nikon/Leupold/Vortex and you'll be sweet.
>>
>>30312374
>>30312385

My budget is around 7-800$.
>>
What do you intend to do with it, and what distances are you looking at?

The Rem700 isn't held so highly these days. Savage, Tikka, CZ, or Howa.
>>
>>30312408
they still havent fixed it AFAIK
>>
>>30312482
>>30312408

They issued a recall for those guns.
>>
>>30312482
There was never any need to. It was a problem from people fucking with the trigger.
They did a recall on all triggers simply so that they can't be the subject of any more lawsuits over shit like that.
>>
>>30312342
They are a good starting place.
>>
>>30312422
Primarily hunting, looking at 700 yards+.
>>
>>30312408
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>30312516
I think you are navel gazing.

No one competent to hunt at 700+ yards has shot so little that they need to ask /k/ what rifle would be good for it. It probably seems like this amazing fun thing and all that stands between you now and you doing it, is buying the right product(s). It isn't that way at all.
>>
>>30312516
um i aint going to hate on the 308 but there are better rounds for reaching out that far
>>
tikka t3 ctr in 260/6.5 creed
>>
I just bought a remington 700 second hand, any particular years the recall applies to?
>>
>>30312702
>>
>>30312702
load it, point it at your foot, and manipulate the safety on and off really fast for a few minutes then get back to us if you're ok
>>
>>30312516
If it is anything besides prairie dogs, you are doing it wrong.

If it is prairie dogs, your caliber is wrong.
>>
>>30312374
I was going to type something but this anon here got it. Go with what he said OP.

One more thing, the remmy 700 has a huge aftermaket so if you want to customize it and fine tune that shit it's even better than the tikka imo (as long as you got the cash).
>>
>>30312342
I prefer the Winchester model 70. Browning Stalker is really good also.
>>
The only good Remington 700 is a bare receiver with aftermarket everything.
>>
>>30312417
for optics and a rifle? First long range rig? Do you have experience shooting?
>>
>>30312342
That's what I got for my first 308, Remington 700 SPS Tactical, I like it a lot. Only issue is its heavy, so if you're trying to hunt with t you might have issues lugging around a fat ass rifle
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.