[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/omrads, My European lgs is selling a "real M4"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: mqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 320x180
Hello /k/omrads,

My European lgs is selling a "real M4" - A Colt Defense M4 Magpull edition with a 14" barrel. Being a europoor I don't know much about AR15 So I ask for your Wisdom. I know the militaria issue Colt Defense are 14" but is tehre such thing as a Magpull M4 ? And from which distribution circuit did he got this from ?

Does it make any sense ?

Thanks for the help
>>
http://kiesler.com/Portals/0/pdf/COLTLAW_2011.pdf
>>
>>28294675
It's an ar15 with magpul furniture, what's confusing about that?
>>
>>28294675
>with a 14" barrel
You mean 16". US-made complete rifles in the EU are literally never under 16". Too much hassle exporting NFA shit especially considering EU personnel can have EU made SBRs for less.

>I know the militaria issue Colt Defense are 14"
They're 14.5"

>but is tehre such thing as a Magpull M4
No, it's an AR-15, Colt is milking the name.

> And from which distribution circuit did he got this from ?
I'd venture a guess they bought it from Colt.
>>
>>28294675
Magpul is just aftermarket parts like the butt stock and such. They make back up irons too but they're shit. I'd make him take all the magpul nonsense off except maybe the butt stock. It's just a clever way to get you to spend more than you need to
>>
>>28294711
he's a europoor, he doesnt know any better.

Yes anon, it's a real colt M4, probably semi auto, chambered in 5.56 real fucking NATO.

instead of being sold with the standard M4 furniture, it has Magpul furniture on it.

Its a gokd deal because many people here in freedomland would end up changing mst of the furniture to Magpul shit anyhow.

buy it and replace the foreend with a KAC or DD drop in FF rail and start mounting toys
>>
>>28294675
They sell semi-auto magpul m4s at the lgs all the time, but in 16"

I have a LE6920socom which is a semi-auto 16" m4
>>
>>28294744
... with a KAC quad rail.
>>
>>28294726
>no its an AR15

no, its an M4 carbine, just not select fire.

M4's have the barrel capable of accepting an M203 40mm launcher, as well as the carbine gas system, and a collapsible stock.

really the carbine length gas system is what distinguishes it from other types of ARs

normal AR15s generally have a longer barrel and rifle length gas system and a fixed stock
>>
>>28294740
I was about to get a magpul rear flip up sight. Who would you recommend over magpul?
>>
>>28294744
ARs are harder to come by in europe
>>
>>28294742
>buy it and replace the foreend with a KAC or DD drop in FF rail and start mounting toys

He just about missed that train.
It was tough to import ITAR shit until now, but doable. After Paris, we're fucking finished. I had to return a LaRue mount because people who used to send me triggers, optics, AR-15 bolts etc. suddenly wouldn't touch any of it with a ten foot pole.

>>28294790
>normal AR15s generally have a longer barrel and rifle length gas system and a fixed stock

What exactly are you smoking? I'll take a crate.
>>
>>28294792
KAC, DD, or Midwest Industries

what do you want in a BUIS?

low profile, light weight, fine adjusment?
>>
>>28294792
The Magpul BUIS are actually more impact resistant than most of their aluminum or even steel counterparts.

If you intend to use the irons only... then I would get the Matech or KAC Rear sights... Otherwise for backups the Magpuls are more than enough and wont cost you an arm and a leg for something you'll rarely use.
>>
>>28294790
Lol no it's an ar15 with an m4 profile barrel that's it.
>>
>>28294810
Probably low profile. I'd like a good co-witness with an aimpoint PRO.
>>
>>28294828

If you're going to get a PRO and the BUIS will be just a backup, the MBUS is perfectly fine, light and virtually indestructible. The co-witness will depend on the mount for the PRO.
The sight picture is kinda mediocre and they're bulky, but for an actual backup in case something goes horribly wrong, you can't beat these.
>>
>>28294805
you're trying to be funny but thats the truth

the big differences between models is FCG and gas system, since most folks (in the US) arent buying any burst/FA, then you have to consider other things that differentiate models such as,

1) barrel length
2) gas system
3) furniture

ther are differences in models

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=607584

because people will cry about a link to arfcom

www.fieldandstream.com/answers/guns/rifles/rifle-reviews/what-difference-between-m4-m16-or-ar-15
>>
>>28294839
Yeah, the PRO should be used practically always unless something retarded happens. Thats why I wasn't trying to spend much more than $100 on a BUIS for the rear. I have the A2 on the front so that's not going anywhere.
>>
>>28294826
no, faggot.

it also has a carbine length gas system and different buffer and collapsible stock.

when most people say AR15 they think full length gas system, 20 inch barrel and fixed solid stock.
>>
>>28294874
>when most people say AR15 they think full length gas system, 20 inch barrel and fixed solid stock.

No. The people who know about ARs think of a 16" barrel, collapsible stock, and either a carbine or mid-length gas system.

When most people hear AR15 they think full auto assault baby killer that can disperse 500 rounds per half second with its extended clipazines.
>>
>>28294858
>>28294874
>when most people say AR15 they think full length gas system, 20 inch barrel and fixed solid stock.

No, when most people say AR-15 they think one of the dozens of 16" carbine gas collapsible stock AR clones everyone and their mom has.
Are you from 40 years ago?

M4 is something quite different.
>>
>>28294887

>No. The people who know about ARs think of a 16" barrel, collapsible stock, and either a carbine or mid-length gas system.

no, people that KNOW what they're talming about think thats an M4 or Mforgery, because thats what it is.

morons who dont know what they're talking about just call them all AR15s or M16s

read the links I posted above, both from the 1st page of google search
>>
>>28294907
except the most common civilian AR-15s are like that you fucking moron, and you're describing basically an M16 copy
>>
>>28294889
so are you arguing about who knows what about AR based platforms or that the M4 and AR15 are different rifles?

because you prefty much just admitted >>28294858 is correct
>>
>>28294907
>M4 or Mforgery

Are you some kind of a reverse autist?
M4 - military designation for a select fire carbine. You won't get one.
M4gery - a semi auto AR-15 built to mimic the M4.
>>
>>28294931
>because you prefty much just admitted >>28294858 is correct

...not really?
I don't understand how he can post the link to an Arfcom thread where almost everyone is more or less correct, while saying something completely different.

Quotes from the thread he posted:

>AR15: the original .223/5.56mm design, of which the M16 and M4 are based on. Early AR15s were select-fire capable (full and semi-auto), but these days AR15s are almost always semi-auto only.
>M16: the military's designation of the AR15, which they adopted in 1963-64. Followed by the M16A1, M16A2, M16A3, and M16A4. These are all select-fire cable.
>M4: a carbine (short-barreled) version of the AR15/M16. First adopted in the 1990s. Also select-fire capable.
>>
Guys this is the only rail in the style and length that I want and that lets me keep my A2 front site.

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=Mounting%20Systems&itemno=MTU015SS

How pleb would I be for using this? I've got the Colt A2 gas block site and lug and all that and I don't want to fuck with removing it. I don't see any other options out there. Feel free to offer up better rails.

Its gotta be better than the stock plastic handguard I have now.
>>
>>28295007

UTG PRO is supposed to be actually decent.
>>
So you're saying my gun stamped Colt Defense M-4 Carbine isn't an M-4? Oh okay...my Colt Combat Commander probably isn't actually a Colt Combat Commander either, just some knockoff...
>>
>>28295018
Yeah, I mean its made from the same materials by the same methods as the better brands so I thought maybe it can't be that bad. Its a metal tube with notches in it ffs.
>>
>>28295033
>So you're saying my gun stamped Colt Defense M-4 Carbine isn't an M-4?
Is it select fire?
>>
>>28294933
>M4 - military designation for a select fire carbine. You won't get one.

Eurotard here, though not OP.

We actually get tons of M16A1, M16A2 and M4 rifles & carbines converted to semi. Authentic ones. Is that close enough for you? :)
>>
>>28295042
Nope, safe and semi. I guess that just makes it not an M-4. And a semi auto Uzi isn't an Uzi because its not full auto. Are you really this autistic?
>>
>>28295007
>utg

pls no
>>
>>28295124
Better spend $450 on an aluminum tube from Daniel Defense amirite?
>>
>>28295131
haha, fuck no. I would rather overspend on a good quality rail than buy a piece of shit for more than a hundred bucks any day.

You don't even need to buy a daniel defense one. quad rails are shit anyways unless you want a sopmod ar
>>
I really want an Aimpoint PRO but damn that price hurts.

There's probably nothing touching that quality for cheaper is there?
>>
>people on /k/ are legitimately confused about the difference between a type of rifle and the united states military's designation for their specific adopted configurations of said rifle type
All M4s are AR-15s. All M16s are AR-15s. All AR-15s are AR-15s. Unless you have a surplus rifle, you don't have an M4 or an M16. Even if you are in the military and they issue you an M4, you are still using an AR-15.

It's not that difficult to grasp.
>>
>>28295139
Its the only one that makes the type and look and length that I like. Why it gotta be UTG? Dammit. I don't even have to remove the gas block and all that madness.

I think the rail with the front sight looks awesome.
>>
>>28295042
it could be select fire if it were legal.

we're discussing the mechanics of a firearm and how those mechanics help to classify it.

Colt owns the trademark "M4"

if Colt manufactures everything on an "M4" exactly the way the military M4 is manufactured, but changes the trigger/bcg to comply with the law, but the rifle could easily be converted back to original configuration, but is still marked and called "M4" then it is an M fucking 4.

its just a semi M4, rather than a select fire M4. just like a semi auto FAL is still a FAL or a G3 is still a G3 or an AUG is still an AUG.

you are literally being autistic. like actual diagnosible definition.
>>
>>28295223
>Colt owns the trademark "M4"

Howcome FN makes M4s for the US army then? :)

PRO TIP: Because it's a milspec designation owned by the military, not a company.
>>
>>28295250
In point of fact, Colt tried to sue a bunch of people for using the "m4" name for their civilian rifles, and got rekt in federal court. As a matter of law, "m4" is a generic name.
>>
>>28295258
Apparently it can't be unless it's full auto
>>
>>28295258
links or lies

no one but colt and FN use the M4 designation
>>
I just don't understand why your opinion trumps what is stamped on my gun by Colt
>>
>2015
>arguing about pedantics
>>
File: M4A1.jpg (688 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
M4A1.jpg
688 KB, 2048x1536
>>28294744
Same here. got one with standard alum quad rail and buttstock. and one with all magpul furniture. both roll marked "Colt M4"
16" barrels of course
>>
File: reddit-logo.png (22 KB, 800x267) Image search: [Google]
reddit-logo.png
22 KB, 800x267
>>28295381
>le

into the trash it goes
>>
>>28295299
>Can't stump da Trump 2016!
>>
>>28295284
Bushmaster?

https://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/XM-15.asp

He's the final write-up

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-1st-circuit/1173327.html
>>
File: 1443422489408.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
1443422489408.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>>28295284
And DD. And Olympic Arms. And BCM.

You are a complete nitwit, please go and stay go.
>>
>>28295299
>hey guys, things aren't going so well, how do we boost sales? Like, what do civvies like nowadays except rehashed 1911s?
>they said they want the Pytho-
>fuck off
>well then they're also all over MUH MILSPEC TRU 100% MILITARY shit\
>genius, how about we sell them some of our perfectly average ARs as "M4" with a hilarious markup compared to identical rifles without a pony rollmark?
>genius!
>...

"Oh em gee dad look I have a real M4, it's like I'm really in the army!"
- You
>>
>>28295505
The difference between the ones at work and mine at home is the one at work has another selection besides semi and safe. You sound really upset about the fact that my rifle says M4 and I say it's an M4. Why?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.