[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All right. I've lurked here enough to know I'm about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: s7_290816_imageset_03.jpg (7 KB, 400x118) Image search: [Google]
s7_290816_imageset_03.jpg
7 KB, 400x118
All right.

I've lurked here enough to know I'm about to open up a shit show with this question, but fuck it.

As a first time gun buyer, which of the three calibers in which this particular weapon is available will serve me best as a jack of all trades gun?
>>
>>30311011
Do yourself a favor and save up for a Sub2k. I see them sold for ~$400 generally.
>>
>>30311367
Thanks for the advice senpai but this is literally my "better get something before i get infringed" gun.

And the first thing to pop up on Google when you type sub2000 is "why you can't find a sub2000"

I'll save up for something nicer down the line, right now for what it costs hi-point appears to be damn solid

I'm just broke right now and need a gun. Aside from news being scary there's been not-so-small-town-anymore shit going on in tha hood.
>>
>>30311011
Hi-point carbine is fucking shit. I'm told the 9mm is pretty good but they're ugly as shit and they require tools to take down. Not to mention how overly complicated it is to take down.
>>
>>30311011
9mm, it's a fine gun ignore everyone whining about hi-points.
>>
9mm gets panic sold out first followed by 45acp followed by 40 s&w.

They all perform similarly in terminal ballistics but vary in cost and capacity. Pick what is most important to you.
>>
>>30311565
The tool to take it down is stored within the gun's foregrip. Its no AK, but you can field strip it in a minute or so
>>
>>30311011
So I own the 9mm 995ts, and it's pretty great...the 40sw and 45 versions will be very similar, with a reduced magazine size. I think the 45 has 8 rounds? The 9mm version can use Redball brand 20-round magazines, but 40 and 45 do not have those yet. I would say get the 9mm, it will probably run the cheapest for you.
>>
>>30311623
Didn't know this. Will have to tell my brother before he loses it, then.
>>
>>30311565
Doesn't know what they're talking about.
>>
9mm is best if youre gonna go for stock mags, but I've heard you can modify 1911 mags with a dremel tool to work in the .45 model. Then again, .45 will become hard to find if the happening happens. I have a .40shortnweak and I regret it.

Otherwise its an OK gun, its just shitty only having 10 round mags and the bolt is made out of stamped potmetal (so watch out if youre running +p rounds).
>>
>>30311638
.45 can run garage-modified 1911 mags (you just gotta cut a little tab and bend it out along the side of the mag). And .40s&w stock mags hold 10 rounds.
>>
>>30311011
Do any big box retailers keep this thing in stock? Fudd Mountain said they'd have to order it, which is fine, but if there's a place where i can walk out with it that's even better.
>>
>>30312311
shop around your LGSs yet?
>>
>>30312378
The "L"GSes are a much longer drive than most of the big boxes by a significant amount
>>
>>30312582
Wait, i forgot there IS one that's close but they LITERALLY stock nothing but ar15s and mall ninja cosplay shit
>>
>>30311011
9x19 if you're poor
.40 if you're gay
and .45 if you're a real American.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.