[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buy an AK they said, it wont jam they said.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Saiga_762x39_BOB.png (4 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
Saiga_762x39_BOB.png
4 MB, 3072x1728
So I have a Saiga in 7.62x39.
It causes bolt over base- malfunction with other than orginal mag.
Ie. as bolt returns from most rearward position it goes over the base of the bullet and strucks the ejector groove instead. As a result the cardridge jams against barrel/reciever/bolt.
With saiga's own magazine: the bolt catches ammunition just barely (the beta champher-area of the casing).
With some other magazines the bolt may completely miss the base --> bob-malfunction. (pic related)

Should I get this Saiga to the gunsmith to refit the gun with another "safety lever stop", file it down and weld some material to magazine catch or should I seek for another bolt/slide?

>rusty mag wont work
I tried several different mags, this one ended up on a good photo.
>too much oil in cold enviroment
It was just near zero (Celsius) and the oil I used was very thin. I can wiggle and recreate this problem with my hands.
>>
>>30310245
do the rivets holding the magazine catch/trigger guard on give when you pull down on them?
Does the magazine want to wobble backwards and forwards a fair amount?

That's the only problems I can think of that might cause that.
Well, those and perhaps a bolt with a little too much taken off the bottom.
>>
File: Saiga_Bottom.png (1 MB, 1220x1316) Image search: [Google]
Saiga_Bottom.png
1 MB, 1220x1316
>>30310339
No, all of the rivets on the gun are solid.
The magazine has less than an millimeter of free space to wobble between safety lever stop and magazine catch.

Oh and feedramp hits the casings mouth (in normal feeding), can I go wrong with additional rounding of the sharp edge?
>>
The aftermarket bullet guide was not installed correctly.
>>
>>30310497
If that's the case don't go making a whole new slot on the ramp, just (as you already said) round it a bit further.
That should work.
I haven't had this problem though.
My AK's been fine.
>>
>>30310245
>Buy an AK they said, it wont jam they said.
Who the fuck told you that?
It works better with steel surplus mags than it does with Magpul?
Also, what kind of ammo are you using?
I've had lots of jam issues with Wolf ammunition. Golden Tiger has only been two since I switched to it (~1,500 rounds through)
>inb4 ammo memes
But my AK will Jam almost every time with a surplus magazine, granted it's a WASR.
>>
>>30310531
How should it have been installed, is there any good reference you would suggest?
As I have no idea how it should ideally be.

The bob-problem is caused before anything touches the bullet guide (feed ramp?).
The feedramp would be a bonus fix and the solver would get just 2000 internets.
>>
>>30310667
That's bullshit.
Surplus AK magazines are the best magazines you can get.
Magpul' shit when it comes to AKs.
As for ammo, I think you might be right slightly.
Jams do happen, but if you use better ammo for AKs (Monarch, Tulammo, etc.)
As opposed to wolf, you'll do better.
>>30310531
It also appears this might be a problem.
>>
>>30310667
>Who the fuck told you that?
Gun-community-consensus-joke

Zulu +2h moonspeaking poorfag here, I prefer 8€ steel mags over 28€ Magpul.
The problem is evident also with RK magazines.
I have shot surplus and Barnaul, it is not the ammunition. The bolt can go past the ammunition, that is the problem.
>>
>>30310687
are you sure it even has a bullet guide installed? stock saigas only work with saiga mags. if it has a bullet guild installed the saiga mag shouldnt fit.
>>
>>30310547
Ok, I just might lightly touch the edges.

>>30310772
See pictures, they are mine.
If both Saiga and other* mags feed I am pretty sure it has bullet guide installed.

*excluding occasional BOB

I'll be going to bed now, see if this thread is still alive tomorrow.
>>
>>30311364
>If both Saiga and other* mags feed I am pretty sure it has bullet guide installed.
thats the thing if it has one unmodifed saiga mags wont physically fit in the gun anymore
post better pictures
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.