[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/. So I'm stuck in the liberal land of Massachusetts.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Benelli_m4_2.jpg (9 KB, 665x130) Image search: [Google]
Benelli_m4_2.jpg
9 KB, 665x130
Hey /k/.

So I'm stuck in the liberal land of Massachusetts. Since I'm not sleeping with the local police chief, there's no way in hell I'm getting a class A in the city.

However, I've finally gotten my FID card.

Now, I'm in the market for a shotgun. After scouring forums and various places, I've got my heart set on pic related (Benelli M4 Super 90).

But $1800?! That's how much my car is worth. Is it worth it, or are there alternatives?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>30308834
With an fid you can only have 5 rounds in a semi shotgun. Also because it's semiautomatic it can't have too many scary assault weapon features.

I'd recommend getting a good pump shotgun
>>
>>30308857
Good to know.

Falls under the 10 round limit, but you're right. Semi auto. Good thing someone reads the fine print.
>>
File: V8otB9T.jpg (991 KB, 2412x2412) Image search: [Google]
V8otB9T.jpg
991 KB, 2412x2412
>>30308834
do it
>>
>>30308857
A pump action is almost as good as a semi in HD situation. The action is simple and robust and even in a SHTF scenario (meaning that in the literal "oh fuck shit's going down" sense), you'll still be able to rack in half a second if you practice regularly.

It's also more reliable, slightly. Not saying smei scattergats aren't reliable, but manual actions tend to be ever so slightly more reliable.

Plus in your state you can hold more rounds in a pump. More boolet in tube is better than quicker boolet in tube.
>>
>>30308834
Anyone who tells you not to get the Benelli M4 has never fired a Benelli M4 and/or is poor. Get it with fixed stock and no pistol grip (Model # 11703); that should cover your scary assault boomstick laws.

I have the pistol grip and wish I got it without it. I'm thinking of purchasing the short barreled Model 11723 for home defense if I can find it in stock somewhere.
>>
>>30308834
You won't regret the Benelli, senpai. In fact, you won't want to shoot another shotgun after that. They're that sweet.

>>30308891
This guy gets the idea.
>>
My uncle lives in Mass and has both an AK-47 and an Uzi. I believe the Uzi is grandfathered in.
>>
>>30309079
Until you shoot a beretta
>>
Move to NH.
>>
File: 1374332134089.jpg (411 KB, 2500x1875) Image search: [Google]
1374332134089.jpg
411 KB, 2500x1875
>>30308834
Get a Beneli m2 instead cheaper but uglier.
But if you really want that look then go for it but remember its a shotgun....

and me personally im more of a Pistol and rifle kind of guy.
I would rather save the extra money for a Rifle for "when you get a Class A license"

>get a pump if you want get go even cheaper
>>
>>30309134
If we're still on the subject of semi-autos, I believe they're the same exact thing.
>>
>>30308834
There are plenty of import compliant (5 round) shotguns similar to the m4 at a 3rd of the price. Not quite as nice, but you're comparing a bentley and a corvette.
>>
Slight hijack. I'm in the same boat as op. I'm mid 20s, and my area is becoming hood pretty fast. Michigan, bordering detroit. Happens every few years, poor people move in, can't afford it because still relatively nice in most parts of the city, eviction, young people out of college buy there first house, neighborhood comes back, they move on, repeat.

Anyways, house paid off, 6 minute drive to work, not looking to move, so I'm looking at babbys first shotty. Never even fired a gun before, but I'm a bigger guy so I don't think it's outside of my control. Not looking to own a handgun or a rifle. I've already located and priced classes for beginners, shotgun for home defense, and the CPL class(the one I found includes a lengthy section on general gun laws, figured it's information worth knowing).

The only requirements are an 18 inch barrel and a shorter stock, and installing an aftermarket one is not a turn off for me. I'd just prefer it to be on the shorter side to make going around corners feasible.

I've been reading a lot of articles and watching a lot of videos and it seems a Remington 870 would work well for me, already eyed a couple stocks that would fit what I'm looking for. I saw that some had an issue with spent shell ejection, but I saw the way to correct it and it seems well within my abilities.

Also looking at a Mossberg 500 with an added metal trigger assembly.

But, I want suggestions from people not trying to push a product, people who may have owned these guns personally, or something that may work better.

Tl;Dr
Suggestions please, first gun, workhorse shotgun, home defense
>>
My friend managed to break the magazine spring in his Mossberg 500, rendering it a very tacticool single shot pump action. On the other hand he also managed to break an AK by sticking things in it, so that may not say much about the gun.
>>
>>30308834
VEPR 12, if you can find one in liberal bullshit edition

>>30309444
The 870 is fucked up these days, because Remington was bought by people with no interest in making quality guns, so they cut corners. The 500 is a good shotgun, even if it's rough around the edges.
>>
>>30309489
That's worth taking into account, that could cause an issue if it comes to a situation where I need to use it. I'll do some searching to see if anyone else has dealt with that.

>>30309540
That's something that came up in a couple of things I saw, but I'm weary about a guy in a gun shop putting down one gun and then highly recommending it's direct competitor. The 500 has a couple of things I like over the 870, such as the safety placement and no flap where you load the shells. Would it be worth looking at an older 870, or is it a bad idea to buy a used gun before I'm familiar enough with them to notice issues?
>>
>>30309679
We're in a buyer's panic right now so prices on used will suck.
>>
>>30308834
>I've got my heart set on pic related (Benelli M4 Super 90).
Get an M2 instead. It's better in every way except for the tacticool factor that your buttbuddies gawk for.
>>
>>30309679
One option is to buy the cheapest, most beat to shit 870 you can find and shop it to Wilsom for the Remington Steal package.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.