[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR-fags, need input.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1463023817501.jpg (102 KB, 1522x1380) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463023817501.jpg
102 KB, 1522x1380
Okay. /K/anadafag here. Having a discussion with someone about SBR AR's vs pistol AR's.
My question is, if you started with a bare lower, bare upper, and bought a 7.5" or 9" barrel, dp you need to do anything special before assembly?
I know with an SBR, you'd have to pay the $200 NFA tax stamp and wait, but my knowledge of AR pistols is lacking.
>>
You can build a pistol and then make it a rifle, but you can't build a rifle and then make it a pistol... legally. I'm building a 300BLK pistol right now that will become an SBR as soon as I get the stamp.
>>
To clarify more, the difference between a pistol and sbr is literally cosmetic. No shoulderable stock or vertical fore grip on the pistol, but you can use either a Sig Brace or KAK Shockwave and an angled fore grip.
>>
>>30308607
Stripped lowers can be sold as pistols or rifles.

If sold as a rifle you would be making an illegal SBR, if sold as a pistol and didn't put a stock on it you would be A ok.

You can go Pistol ---> Rifle as well.

But you cannot go Rifle ----> Pistol.

If it was an 80% lower that you finished then its whatever you made it into first.
>>
So a lower is just a lower until you build it into a rifle or pistol.
You don't need some special "pistol" lower or any nonsense like that?
>>
>>30308653
When I bought mine it was marked "other", you have to be 21 to buy it at least in TX and MO
>>
>>30308653
Stripped lowers are sold as "other".
>>
>>30308671
Correct. Make it into a pistol first, that way you can go from pistol - rifle - pistol.
>>
>>30308653
Why can you make a pistol into a rifle, but not the other way around?
>>
>>30308795
cause the atf is retarded
>>
>>30308795
A pistol can become a rifle and then go back to being a pistol. A rifle can't because reasons
>>
>>30308795
Because american gun laws are written and approved of by people who don't know anything about guns.
>>
>>30308795
You can, it just requires a $200 stamp and permission from the dogkillers
>>
>>30308831

Canadian laws are they same way.
>>
>>30308811
>A pistol can become a rifle and then go back to being a pistol
Nope. Once a rifle. Always a rifle.
>>
Well I thank you for the great answers so far. That clears up a few things.
>>
>>30309280
That's only when starting as a rifle.
A pistol can goto rifle configuration and back as lonag as at no point it crosses through the NFA territory. Put the long barrel on first and take it off last.
>>
>>30309280
Incorrect, look up the TC case. As long as it is first manufactured as a pistol it can go back and forth.
>>
>>30309280
Every fucking thread.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.