[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadafag looking at guns to start with because fuck I hate this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: sks_tapco_withbayonet_2.jpg (38 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
sks_tapco_withbayonet_2.jpg
38 KB, 900x700
So I'm looking at starting with an SKS. This one in particular since it's pretty cheap and I can get a hunting license for pretty cheap as well. Looking at moving up north at some point.
Thoughts on this particular model?
http://www.bullseyelondon.com/soviet-sks-rifle-7-62x39-with-tapco-stock-bayonet-and-magazine-installed-sks167b.html
>>
bampin.
Also looking at another model with the more traditional receiver.
>>
This is the other I'm considering. A bit cheaper and more traditional. I am an absolute gun noob, having only handled a smith and wesson revolver of some kind back in my teens. I think it was chambered in .38.
>>
>>30307471
http://www.bullseyelondon.com/russian-sks-surplus-semi-auto-rifle-7-62x39-5-rounds-wood-stock.html
>>
>Thoughts on this particular model?
Tapco stocks make guns look cheesy as hell like those gunshot decals Walmart sells for cars, but it's still an sks internally so it's still a great rifle for the price.
>>
>>30307536
Yeah, I agree about tapco. Not a terribly big fan of the plastic shit material it's made of.
How about the second model?
>>
>>30307477
That price for a Russian.
>lucky fucking Canadians

I'm coming for you if the shillery hits
>>
>>30307588
>lucky
Not even. The RCMP has been trying to get SKSs banned as "assault weapons".
Our nation is run by an inept fucktarded feminist, a cabinet of out of touch idiots, and a police force that for the most part just doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>30307717

If the RCMP wanted to prohibit SKSs they would do it. They have a monopoly over classification.
>>
>>30307388
Cheaper here: https://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=85527

Got both of mine from Marstar and the service was great, fast processing and it didn't come absolutely caked in cosmo.
>>
>>30308896
Other website is local though.
>>
>>30307388
>5 shots
>>
>>30309075
It's fucking Canada. Our gun laws are horseshit and there's all kinds of bullshit that dealers have to do.
>>
File: SKS_matadorarms.jpg (633 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
SKS_matadorarms.jpg
633 KB, 1600x900
If I lived in Canuckstan, I'd trick my SKS out like this.
>>
>>30307717

They can't ban the SKS anon, it doesn't fit any of the definitions of a restricted or prohibited weapon. Parliament would have to completely overhaul our gun laws to do that.
>>
>>30309124
So why have 5 shots of 7.63 X 39? It's better to have 5 shots of .308

Get a Winchester model 70 or something
>>
File: SKS_matadorarms2.jpg (791 KB, 2000x1124) Image search: [Google]
SKS_matadorarms2.jpg
791 KB, 2000x1124
>>30309151
>>
>>30309124

Calm your shit m8. If shit gets real ad zombies or Islamc communists burst down your door just take a pair of opliers and pull the pins out of your magazine.

t. Not RCMP
>>
What are the taxes on guns? Is it just regular HST (Ontario here). There's an SKS at my Canadian Tire for $230 without tax and I only have $250 to spend on it.
>>
I'm sure you can save another 50 odd bucks mate
>>
>>30309151
I owned one of those Matadorarms stocks. Was not super impressed. Getting to the gas system to clean sucks as you have to remove the gun from the stock to do it. And they are 350$CAD
>>
>>30307572

Canadafag here. Go with the second one. Stay the fuck away from anything tapco or ati. Keep it original and the way it was intended. The plastic stocks are a lot bulkier than they look, make the overall length longer and frankly, you'll look like an idiot with it.
>>
>>30309257
That's a bummer. I do like that top rail that replaces the dust cover and sight pin though. Looks sturdy.
>>
>>30309180

The tax is the same as anything else in your province. If all you have is HST at 12%, just add 12%.

Ive already done it for you. Your total cost will be $257.60

Youre gonna need to save up an extra $7.60, friend.
>>
>>30309555

The rail over the dust cover is called the Magwedge Kwik Rail. Its sold seperately, you dont need the stock. Made in Canada too!
>>
>>30309151
I guess that's what makes you a faggot
>>
>>30309555
Get a wartak or magwedge top rail
>>
>>30308896
Thank you Marshill, now get out
>>
>>30307388
The SKS is a great first gun, but ATI/Tapco a shit. Stick with the classic wood. If you NEEEEED an optic, SI makes a great scout mount that replaces the rear sight, doubles as backup irons, and gives you either 3.5in or 7in of rail to play with.
>>
>>30309594
>>30309664
Cheers, gents. Looks like there's a Kwik Rail v3 that will allow for stripper clips also.
>>
>>30307388
Check your LGS. I got a numbers matching russian sks for under $200 in March
>>
>>30310288
Not terribly concerned with optics, really. It's an SKS. If I'm sinking the money into a slavshit rifle, I'd rather just use standard sights. Seems a better way to get accurate. I mostly want to use the thing for hunting and target shooting for kicks, especially when I occasionally go up north to visit the GF's family way up in what amounts to Ontario's redneck central.
>>
>>30310521
Also because my city has recently taken in a bunch of rapefugees who are already getting pissy about the lack of authentic middle eastern food and halal food, and I would rather have a firearm to take them out if/when shit hits the fan.
I do fully intend to remove the pins in the mag because 5 shots is horseshit. might as well not even bother with the stripper clip at that point.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 600x398
>>30310548
Find out if you like the irons. If not, look into optics. Personally, I prefer aperture sights. If you dislike the stock irons, you can swap them for, say, a Mojo set, or go for the SI mount. Avoid the shitty Barska dust cover mounts-they suck at holding zero.

There should be a pin welded under the follower, unless you wind up with the kind with the nasty block drilled and welded through the magazine. Dremel that bitch off. Alternatively, but the HiCal 10rd mag adapter if you actually care about the laws.

Pic related-the SI mount example from their website.
>>
>>30310675
God emperor Trump bless you, /k/ommando.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.