[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Germanfag here. My uncle died yesterday, spent the last night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: rhodesian sas.jpg (61 KB, 660x320) Image search: [Google]
rhodesian sas.jpg
61 KB, 660x320
Germanfag here. My uncle died yesterday, spent the last night with my family, talking about him. I didn't know him very good, and it's actually been the first time i heard a lot of stories about him. I knew he was kind of rightwing, and that he grew up in South Africa and came to Germany after the modern South Africa was founded in 1994. Always sounded plausible to me, and i never really cared for that guy as he and my dad (his half brother) never had much contact.
Turns out he was not just some racist old man, he actually fought in Rhodesia in the 70s. After that, he joined the South African Defence force and was major the time the army got disbanded.
I know you fags like this kind of stuff, so thought you might be interested to hear this. Also, i never really was into all this hail rhodesia shit. Now i'm starting to have interest, so please post pictures and tell me if my uncle probably was some really badass commando dude or just the old racist fart i always thought he was.

Pic related, but from google.
>>
>>30306844
>racist

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>30306844
>protecting a democratic government from communist guerrillas that would then proceed to expel white people from it's borders
>racist
>>
/k/ doesn't like to admit it because they like the pictures of men in short shorts, but when South Africa wants nothing to do with you while they're balls deep in the apartheid, that's a bad sign.
>>
>>30306886
>>30306895

Racist because he in fact was a racist old man you fucking idiots, i didn't even know all this rhodesia shit. And i didn't refer to that, i was calling him a racist because that's what he was.

I'm actually asking you for Rhodesia, not calling it racist or something.
>>
>>30306912
>believing 'racist' is a thing

>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1452450748368.jpg (82 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
1452450748368.jpg
82 KB, 500x603
>>30306926
>being this autistic
>>
>>30306933
Ficki ficki
>>
>>30306844
>actual Rhodie vet
Well damn. See if you can get the stories of his service time together and write them down. Also, it's a long shot, but ask around if was there any gear left over.
>>
>>30306926
>>30306895
>>30306886
Maybe he actually was a racist asshole, and screamed GTKRWN as well as niggers deserve it without memes? Those people do exist.
However.. Rhodesians never die so share some stories please
>>
>>30306967
Racist is a shitty buzzword that only applies to white people for some reason
>>
File: image.png (297 KB, 732x2251) Image search: [Google]
image.png
297 KB, 732x2251
Obligatory
>>
>>30306844
Ich bin ein Amerikaner. Meine opa dueschland komen.

Sprechen kleine Deutsch. Zur schulle, drei (forget word for year).

Lol I took German in highschool, how bad did I just fuck up your language? (I didn't cheat and look anything up, plus I'm 30 it's been over a decade).
>>
>>30306975
Ok reverse the role, his gramps is sub Saharan untermensch and he screamed hatred at apartheid assholes then went to Germany as a refugee.
He's still a racist asshole.
I still want to hear stories.
>>
File: Rhodesian timeline.png (170 KB, 1432x1100) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesian timeline.png
170 KB, 1432x1100
>>30306844
>>
>>30306952
>>30306967
There are no stories, except family stories. You know, like "no contact for years, everyone crying, then suddenly he shows up and says "I'm good, didn't work out in Rhodesia"". Stuff like that. Then they had little contact from time to time when he was back in South Africa, untill it got abolished and he suddenly showed up in Germany. Guy almost never showed up at my grandparents at christmas, i saw him like a dozen times in my whole life.
I tried to find out anything about his time in Rhodesia yesteday, but noone actually knows anything or doesn't want to talk about it. I think they actually don't know much besides what they told me, he fought in Rhodesia and was a SADF major after that. And that he was a racist, what i knew. And that he wasn't a family guy, what i also knew before. I think that's it.

His flat is like 100km from here, my aunt and her son are sorting his stuff out tomorrow. I'll try to get there and see if there's any documents or photos.
>>
>>30306992
No stories yet like i said. I posted this here to hear some stories, not post any.

>>30306976
>>30306994
thanks
>>
>>30306998
>You know, like "no contact for years, everyone crying, then suddenly he shows up and says "I'm good, didn't work out in Rhodesia"". Stuff like that. Then they had little contact from tim
Sounds like a life long operator.
>racist
Eh the 60-70s were a different time
>fought in Rhodesia became SADF major
Hmm might mean was similar rank in Rhodie.
>no one knows anything
Not too surprising
>documents or photos
Oh hell yes. Find what you can and get it scanned and saved on a portable hard drive.
>>
>>30306977
It sucked but i got what you said.

With that Level of skill you should be able to get around in germany without much trouble.. sandniggers who live here 10+ years arent that advanced
>>
>>30307099
Sehr gut.

Ill take understanding at a retard level. I took German because ancestors from Germany. I used to be better at it but truth is there's rarely an occasion to speak it.

German was also the least taken language class. Most chose Spanish or bitch ass French. We had to pick a German name in class, Marcus here.
>>
OP here, can you guys dump some pictures please? I'll keep you updated the next days, if there's any more information or documents.

Who knows, maybe he was in some rhodesian veteran connection or something. Maybe we'll find something in his flat tomorrow, and inform them, and there's going to be a bunch of Rhodesian veterans showing up at his funeral. Can't wait to see his possesions.

>>30307146

Funny, we had to pick Anglo names when we started to learn English in school. Reece here.
>>
>>30306967
niggers do deserve it
>>
File: fuck whitey... wait help.jpg (96 KB, 1024x297) Image search: [Google]
fuck whitey... wait help.jpg
96 KB, 1024x297
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.