[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the cheapest AR that will fire when folded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
What's the cheapest AR that will fire when folded?
>>
>>30306733
every AR will fire when folded

once
>>
>>30306760
I want one that has this essential function that damn near all other modern firearms have.
>>
>>30306828
I'm sure you can find one, but it's really really really not suited to this functionality.

I think some of the piston ARs are able to fire when folded.
>>
>>30306828
Then buy a modern firearm, not something 50 years old.
>>
>>30306733
What is this nigga tryna show? That the AR is concealable? Because in the picture it clearly is not. It'd stick out like a sore thumb
>>
>>30306828
>essential function
Come on now. I am not above calling it such things as "fun" and "fucking awesome", but firing a rifle with a folded stock is such a niche that many of the world's militaries can't be arsed to provide for that functionality.
>>
Ebin trole thread

Enjoy your no fly list
>>
>>30306880
Yeah ever having to operate in a vehicle is sooo niche
>>
>>30306733
>spot dat buckle
>immediately spot dem boots
This guy is most likely a blue dog dem from Dallas or Austin and thought Jeb was the second coming of Dubya.
Gonna reverse search the image to see if I'm right.
>>
>>30307007
>Farago wants to move to Texas, which is more gun-friendly than Rhode Island.
>Farago, 53, lives in an elegant house on the east side of town. He drives a Mercedes. He’s got an exquisite art collection. He has beautiful Persian rugs. Before he takes his miniature schnauzers on a walk in his upscale neighborhood, he fits them with doggie parkas.

So basically he's from Dallas or Austin but in a cold climate.

I love his website but come on guy, don't cosplay a state that hard. It's like that one Russian guy who gets posted here that poses in dress blues with Coke and Burgers.
>>
>>30306988
Firstly, you will more than likely never operate from inside a vehicle. Second, Americans anywhere from 18 yr old pogs to actual war hardened operators have been doing fine firing M4s and M16s from vehicles in every capacity you could think of for decades now. If you can't fire a modern rifle from a vehicle then that is operator error, and no folding stock could bail you of being an uncoordinated fuck.

If you want to say it's cool and you want it just cuz then just fucking say it. Everyone here wants some cool impractical shit, you're not a snowflake. But you're not.foing to fool anyone into thinking it's an "essential function".
>>
>>30307066
Having the ability to shave off 10" is certainly practical. Makes it easier to store as well. I might as well be in the market for a bullpup I guess.
>>
Any AR in 22lr would be the cheapest.

Bufferless ARs exist in 9mm, .223, and 300acc as well. Rockriver makes some. I think CMMG used to make some as well, don't know if they still do, can't be assed to check. I don't anything is cheaper than an MCX.
>>
>>30307097
That could work too, but it'd pretty pricey comparatively. If a shorter OAL is your goal though, you could always make an AR pistol, or just go the piston AR route to allow for the folding stock. Don't know how much the latter would cost though, but I'd assume it'd be on the pricier side.
>>
>>30307097
Isn't that why underfolder AK's exist? GTA 5 added an AK pistol to online play because of this and it's my preferred weapon.

It's also why I was thinking of an MCX before Saturday but I guess I'll have to stick to buffer tube because panic.
>>
Why are there so many fuckers who think they are going to be all operator and shit, running and gunning and shooting from cars, and bugging out inna woods and shit? It's really pathetic to fantasize and prepare for something that has about a 1 in ten million chance of happening. Might as well prepare your finances for the lottery that you aren't going to win, either.
>>
File: merican gun.jpg (184 KB, 1280x395) Image search: [Google]
merican gun.jpg
184 KB, 1280x395
Jesus you fucking idiots sage this shit
>>
>>30307135
Is the meta? The GTA bit
>>
>>30307178
Ikr you don't NEED and assault weapon either like just buy a shotgun.
>>
>>30307194
>is the meta
M8 I'm a console pleb and I've had the NPAP AK pistol on online play for a few months now. I think it came in an update. I'm praying to my PS3 FO:NV copy for FO4 mods if that answers your question.
>>
>>30307254
Better trade in your car for a Geo Metro. You don't NEED any more than 50HP, faggit.
>>
>>30307178
I know right, all those people in natural disaster areas like southern Louisiana in Katrina and California if the big one happens and the New Madrid fault if that happens and all of America if Yellowstone erupts (which is 40,000 years overdue), I mean what the fuck is wrong wrong with these people?
>>
>>30306733
Para TTR, Sig MCX and side folding AKs are all in the same general price range. Troy PDW stock may be an option as well but with an AR you are generally going to need a piston system which moves the mainspring forward or a pistol/modified bolt and action system to have it capable of firing while folded. LAW might be an option but you would need the aforementioned pistol or piston system and a plug machined for it.

>>30307178
Why do you haet fun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxv-6glpi3Q
>>
>>30306988
You know what's cool about oper8ing from vehicles?

You get the fuck out of the vehicle if you need to get in a firefight.
>>
>>30306733
AK?
>>
>>30307364
not ahhh

>newfag never played called of duty.
>>
>>30306832
folding stock goes against the entire design principle of the AR platform. the bolt kinda needs the buffer tube to function unless you like having AR bolt lodged in your chest and a broken upper
>>
>>30307364
Yeah I'm sure in every situation it's always safer to dismount. Except it's not. You have to have a setup that runs well mounted. You're like a cowboy that cant shoot from his horse. The idea of cavalry is just foreign to you isn't it.
>>
>>30307342
>>30307411
I'm thinking a .223 AK might be the best option for me, or a bullpup. I want to keep the barrel around 20" and a 20" AK is just awkward looking, granted there probably are some 20" .223 saigas still around.
>>
File: FOLDED OVER 1000 TIMES.gif (4 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
FOLDED OVER 1000 TIMES.gif
4 MB, 400x225
>>30306760
>folded
>once
>Not being folded over a thousand times
Lol you western barbarians and your Plebian metals
>>
File: 1397536701042.gif (976 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1397536701042.gif
976 KB, 300x168
>>30307601
>>
>>30306733
Your looking for a piston AR with side folding stock.
>Piston pistols
>>
>>30307619
What the American piggus don't want you to know is that there were no kamikaze, the propellers were made of grorious nippon steer and sliced through the entire warships, coming out on the other side unharmed.
>>
>>30307007
He's a blogger at The Truth About Guns.
>>
>>30307135
There's no panic on MCXes, because they're more expensive than run-of-the-mill ARs.

I want one too, but I think I'll have to ask my LGS to special order the 300blk SBR for me.
>>
File: AR-180.jpg (3 MB, 3523x1942) Image search: [Google]
AR-180.jpg
3 MB, 3523x1942
>>30306733

AR-180?
>>
>>30308579
>tfw no Howa
>>
File: daewoo-k2.jpg (84 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
daewoo-k2.jpg
84 KB, 800x550
>>30308784
Keep your nip shit I want a Daewoo K-2 and a matching car.
>>
>>30306857
You're spot on. Some reporter was trying to claim that the Sig Sauer MCX was concealable and that it was super easy for Mateen to get it into the club by wearing it under a coat, and this guy took this picture to show that no, even folded, it sticks out of a jacket. That's Robert Farago, he's the editor of TTAG
>>
>>30308809
Gtfo Greg
>>
>>30308809
I heard somewhere that Lionheart Industries will be importing the K2, but I don't know if that's true.
>>
>>30310142
Emailed them, they said they had no long term plans for that. but who knows.
>>
>>30310142
lionheart doesn't seem to be doing shit aside from dumb paint jobs and a suppressor ready barrel.

they've been promising shit for years and haven't delivered, like bringing in the other handgun calibers or offering blocked mags for cucked states.
>>
>>30310600
>they've been promising shit for years and haven't delivered
To be fair, all gun companies do that.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.