[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
babbys first gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 303x166
i never come to /k/ and its my first time posting
im looking into buying my first gun, ive been told to get a revolver because there simple and robust easy to clean etc however while lurking i see people yelling GET A GLOCK like a 17 or 19
my question is what gun should i start out with id prefer something reliable relatively cheap and with cheap and common ammo like .357
give it your best shot /k/(bum dum tsss)
pic was along the lines of what i was thinking
>>
>>30306256
Any .357 revolver that feels good in your hand. Shoot +P .38 rounds -- you can shoot .38 Specials, .38+P, or .357 in the same handgun, and you cannot limp-wrist it, nor do you need a safety/slide/mag release. Very user friendly.
>>
File: 1465874409814.jpg (4 MB, 3900x5008) Image search: [Google]
1465874409814.jpg
4 MB, 3900x5008
I'm also shopping. maybe this will help, it helped me.
>>
>>30306299
i see
>>30306352
ive seen this posted before it did help but i felt that it didnt give a good selection of revolvers i found it fascinating that a good shotgun like the mossberg is so cheap
>>
also as a side note for someone new hear who has questions
whats peoples deal with the mosin naget ive wanted one since i was little and i cant tell if people here love them or shit on them
>>
>>30306378
From what I've gleaned off of /k/ just from lurking (so i could be wrong) Ammo is hard to find (apparently not many companies make it and most of the guns are so old they don't work (i hear people wishing they had a working one) I think it's more of a collector piece?
>>
>>30306256
>>30306378
/k/ really is the easiest board to troll
>>
>>30306378
Some love them, some hate them. See also: /mu/core music, /o/'s obsession with the Miata, /tv/'s never-ending love-hate relationship with Baneposting, etc. Things like these are so different and out-of-the-ordinary that they tend to be polarizing, doubly so on a website where absolute truths and values are held in high regard (or at least spoken about with the most intensity/frequency/vehemence).

It's a common milsurp rifle. As such, it will run the gamut in build quality, historic or market value, and desirability. A '43 Izhvesk M44 used in Stalingrad or an all original parts, museum-quality Dragoon will be much more valuable to some than your bog-standard, straight-out-of-the-crate M91/30, but at the end of the day it's still a robust, accurate, common, and cheap rifle with ammo that is quite common. They often still come with a bayonet, sling, and case of 200 rounds for less than the price of a modern bolt-action rifle of comparable ballistic performance.

That being said... it still has its problems. Its action requires THOROUGH removal of cosmoline to even remotely function. Its safety is practically a non-feature. Build quality can be spotty, being a rifle that was often built in battlefield conditions or by starved workers.

Personally, I have never done more than shoulder one at a gun show. My experience is precisely nil. But if I were in your position, I wouldn't buy one until after I've bought a carry-ready handgun of some sort and a shotgun for wherever you call home. Cover your bases before getting into building your collection. It's wise to be prepared.
>>
>>30306378
They used to be cheap as dirt. Like 60-70 bucks, and you used to be able to find dirt cheap surplus ammo in bulk lots(Spam cans). Now it's getting popular so the prices are going up.
For a long time though, it was a really great deal. A relatively accurate, reliable gun that even a minimum wage worker could afford. So combine that with Slavness/Soviet jokes, and there you go.
>>
>>30306369
Mossbergs are cheap because they're trash guns. The idiots on this board think they're great because they just don't know any better.
>>
File: 3455234453345.jpg (692 KB, 3000x1934) Image search: [Google]
3455234453345.jpg
692 KB, 3000x1934
>babbys first gun

If that's the case, I recommend "Baby's First Handgun" by Fischer Price
>>
>>30307894
How are they trash? They seem to work just fine.
>>
>>30306429
Everything this guy said was wrong.
>>
>>30307894
Mossbergs are fine
>>
>>30306256

Glock 19 if you plan to conceal

Snub revolver if you need to lay low and blat blat ya neighbor (RUGER sp101 2.25 is the cheapest quality snub off the top of my head I'm probably wrong)

1911 if you're a faggot who wishes he lived in 1942

Any communist milsurp if you are in fact a communist, Makarov, Mosin, ect.
>>
Just get what you want. I would recommend a G19 or M&P 9c for semi auto pistol, Ruger GP100 for revolver, mossberg 500 for a shotgun, cz 455 or 10/22 for a .22lr rifle, AR-15 for a centerfire rifle, tikka t3 for a centerfire bolt action hunting rifle.
>>
File: shadow.jpg (644 KB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
644 KB, 1824x1368
>>30306352
needs p-64 because bersa is shit and will always be shit

also

gunbot and luckeygunnner

no ammoseek???

also

im lookin at a mossberg 535 for $260 right now definitely might want to put something about 3.5 inch shotguns lol
>>
>>30307232
>See also: /mu/core music
kek
>>
>>30306369
>>30307894
They're reliable, and cheap. When he says trash he means in terms of fit. They can be a little rattly, but that doesn't affect performance. It'll work just fine for you.
>>
>>30306256
just wait for glock to make a revolver

problem solved
>>
>>30306256
Buy an AR-15 like its going outta style.
>>
>>30306256
FNS-9 or 40 seem to be the current best bang for your buck.

>>30311943
Most people aren't fat as shit and csnt conceal a 19 well. Get a single stack 9 for that. Also why would you spend $150 more for less features and 2 less rounds than what I mentioned above?
>>
>>30311686
This
>>
File: Consider-The-Following.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Consider-The-Following.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>30306256
OP
do you intend to carry said gun or do you just want it for home defense
If your lookin to carry I'd suggest a S&W .357
The ruger sp101 is big and heavy for what it is, not a problem if your not gonna be carrying it.

I would suggest that if you want real firepower go with an automatic.
you get much higher capacity, and infinitely faster reload speed.
While shot placement is king, if facing multiple attackers you might like to have those extra bullets in the mag.
A revolver is limited in capacity.
but the advantage of the revolver is it is an excellent first strike gun.
smaller and lighter means faster draw time
remember your bullets have weight too, so more ammo=more weight in the gun.
revolver is also an excellent carry form factor
they are always slimmer than an automatic, except for the cylinder, and they are a more organic shape and easier to conceal in my experience.

you must consider your intended use for the gun b4 you buy it.
no gun is perfect, no gun can do everything.

there are guns that will work for both carry and hd but will not be ideal for either.

if you only have 1 gun you dont get to specialize your weapon selection.

an ideal hd gun is a glock 21
an ideal carry gun is a S&W model 60

an ideal compromise gun is a glock 26

thats my advice for you OP
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.