[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruger LC9s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: RUGER LC9S.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
RUGER LC9S.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
Academy has LC9s for around 370 dollars, but I don't know anybody who owns one, and I was hoping for some first hand reviews. Is this a good deal? I need a CCW, and this seems to fit the bill well, being a single stack 9mm.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
>>30306031
>anything ruger that isn't a 10/22 or mk2

Just buy a sheild or some glock
>>
>>30306031
The LC9s is leagues better than the LC9 as far as trigger pull goes, but it still leaves some to be desired. I've heard the grip is awkward for most people, but I have babby hands so it fits me pretty comfy. Definitely try it out before buying.
>>
>>30306031
I used to have the LC9, the original hammer fired version with the horrible trigger. It was an awesome carry gun. Now that they have fixed the terrible trigger with the LC9s and LC9s Pro, I would not hesitate to pick one up. Super light, super think, can pocket carry, can handle +P, super reliable, 7+1 of 9mm comfiness. I would jump on it.
>>
>>30306065
super thin***
>>
File: Lercker.jpg (100 KB, 1072x712) Image search: [Google]
Lercker.jpg
100 KB, 1072x712
>>30306031
Got one on my 21st as a gift for CCW. I like Ruger, it's a great price, a great carry piece, and surprisingly very accurate. Definitely get the 9s version.

I find that it hits a real nice sweet spot size-wise, for carry. However, as mentioned, tiny grip. Gun's thin, which is great for carry, but a little difficult for shooting. If you get it, get some Talon Grips or grip tape or something and that'll help a lot.

However, one last note. If you can find a Shield at that price, go for that. Again, Talon grips, but a local store had a sale on Shields for like that exact price, out the door, and you find them occasionally on Grabagun for about the same. That's a preference, though, the Shield is a more comfy shooter for me.

If you don't wanna shop around or are interested more in the LC9s, jump on it. Solid pistols.

>Pic wholly obviously unrelated
>>
>>30306031
>academy
>buying from cucks who cave to antis
>>
>>30306132
Buying a gun from them means that they have more incentive to keep guns on the shelves.
>>
>>30306115
The franchise has shields for about 10 dollars more, but I don't know if this particular store carries them.
>>
You can get the LC9s/9s Pro for around $329 shipped. M&P Shield with and without safety for $20 more. Ruger mags are usually pricey, but with the shield you get 2.
>>
>>30306268
Oh, and XDs9's are going for $379 shipped.
>>
i have a 9s Pro, It fits in my hand well but because of how long/skinny the grip is (youll understand) i tend to pull the gun to the side when firing. The only way to fix this is holding it with the web of my thumb not directly behind the slide as per usual.
I have tiny hands and this is hard to explain.

handle one and a sheild and pick the one that you can wrap your hands around better. keep in mind that little pistols are snappy shits that try to escape.
>>
>>30306322
I have gigantic gorilla hands. the 9s looks like a toy when I hold it.
>>
>>30306031
Shoot one at a range before purchasing. Check your local ads for used ones, ruger stands by their shit
>>
Ruger has good customer service. My brother owned one that I've shot before. It's very light. The problem is the blowback was a lot (IMO), given the size of the gun. Also, it's pretty uncomfortable to shoot. Difficult to grip due to the short handle. I know carry guns aren't supposed to be comfortable though.

If you're looking for a good carry gun that is easily concealed, this is a good one. However, the blowback was definitely an issue for me. With that being said, I carry a full sized ruger LCRx in .38 special.
>>
I love mine. every day carry. and ruger makes 9 round mags for them that extend the grip. but still very conceal able. Very snappy so only about 300 rounds(about 50 a month) with no malfunctions. Only have used brass/nickel case in it. I have more fun guns to shoot. I carry it with 147 winchester hollow points at normal pressure. and practice with 147 target brass cased ammo. Run a couple of mags of my self defense that is nickel plated to confirm my practice ammo for the day jumps just as much.
>>
>>30306031
Don't buy from Academy. They are pulling ARs from the shelves and selling them from behind the counter.

Fuck Academy
>>
I paid $350 for mine (LC9s Pro) new at a pawn shop/gun store.

It does what it was designed to do, and functions well. However it has more recoil than expected because of how high up the slide is and because its a compact and that's just what compacts do.
If you can rent one and try it out, do that. If not, pick between it or a shield for the one that feels best, is the cheapest, or in my case looks the coolest.

mags are kinda expensive. its not very comfortable, but again its a compact and that's just how this kind of gun is on the whole.
>>
>>30306031
I got mine for $200 used. Great gun and it comes with the Ruger warranty, so you can't really lose. It's not a fun shooter though it's just a CC piece.
>>
>>30306031
I agree with the other posters, trigger is FAR better than the original LC9 (I sold my original long, long ago). I do find the grip uncomfortable due to how narrow it is. I also own a Glock 26, and I never can bring myself to carry my LC9. The Glock is just as easy for me to conceal, but has a larger magazine.

It is a great gun for the price, and if it feels right for you, I say go for it.
>>
File: IMG_20151228_015532385.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_015532385.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>30312505
>I also own a Glock 26, and I never can bring myself to carry my LC9. The Glock is just as easy for me to conceal, but has a larger magazine.
G26 really is the answer. I own a PF9 (the original LC9), a Sig p938, and a G26, and the G26 really is fantastic.

If I wanted to carry a single stack, I'd carry the P938, but I end up carrying the G26 pretty much 24/7. The trade-off for the bulk is well worth the extra rounds and 'shootability' (god I hate that word), not to mention the ability to take 15/17/33 round mags

I hate glocks, I really do, but I can't deny it's a pretty GOAT carry piece I can shoot and abuse day in/day out without a worry
>>
File: 1465453766797.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465453766797.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>30306132
>>30309066

not only is academy pulling ARs but they are limiting the amount of ammo you can buy

not just any ammo but specifically ammo they consider to be "assault ammo" 5.56, 7.62x39 etc

they also make you fill out a background check for it now, made specifically by academy if you want to buy that much "assault ammo" and keep it in their own database that they send off to the ATF for some idiotic reason

Academy is more than cucked, they went full pants on head.

Don't buy anything from the place, if anything buy a bunch of stuff and then return it, spill shit on the floors, throw clothes everywhere, anything to cause them trouble, because this shit is unacceptable.
>>
File: 1465943714266.png (371 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465943714266.png
371 KB, 640x640
So I'm gonna be a fag and sort of hijack the thread to ask a similar question:

I'm going out tomorrow to buy my first handgun, with CWP in mind.

I've fired plenty, and I love the shield. My only problem is I don't know if I should go with 9mm or .45

I've fired both, and I'm a bigger guy so I don't have trouble with recoil. I was slightly more accurate with the 9mm, but I've shot more 9mms than .45s, and I am planning on shooting my Shield at least once a week for a few months to get as skilled as I can (then probably go at least once a month).

So, any Shield owners here wanna give my any advice? Which way should I go?
>>
I carry an LC9s pro daily. I like it. It has a lot of kick and is a stiff gun, though. Takes a little bit of torque to rack the slide compared to other guns in its class.

I honestly think you should look into the pro. You can get it for around the same price and it has a lighter trigger and no safety. i love mine.
>>
>>30312773
This anon >>30309066 is right. They didn't stop selling them. They just pulled ads and hid them. They tried to play it both ways.
Daniel Defense dropped them over it.
>>
>>30306047
oh look another fucking retarded tripfag
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.