[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enlistment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: cavalry.jpg (49 KB, 394x400) Image search: [Google]
cavalry.jpg
49 KB, 394x400
Just enlisted as a 19D (Cavalry Scout) in the US Army. Any tips/ advice for me? Anyone else going in?
>>
>>30303099
Armor officer that's been on the Cav side my whole career here.

You done fucked up.
>>
>>30303099
FFS keep it in the /meg/, it exists entirely so there aren't 9001 of this exact thread every day.
>>
>>30303132
How bad is it?
>>
>>30303099

It's a small Scout world, act accordingly.
>>
File: cav scout motivational.jpg (48 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
cav scout motivational.jpg
48 KB, 736x414
>>30303099
Everyone else will call you a faggot. You're fellow scouts will probably be the most pretentious faggots in the world, putting even the Marine Corp's bragging to shame.

If you don't cringe at pic related, knowing you will be surrounded by this all the time, the scout's are perfect for you.
>>
>>30303223
OhNeptune.jpg
>>
>>30303099

So, you aren't infantry. This is important because you basically do the same thing as infantry. However, your branch for your officers isn't as well regarded as infantry. You are red headed step children, not armor, not infantry. Kind of both.

>Cavalry and infantry are NOT the same REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That mindset is what you are going to be surrounded by for your MOS. Your officers will be TRY HARD AS FUCK to try to prove that they are as good as infantry and that the Army needs lots and lots of cavalry so they can get promotions. You will do stupid shit like wear a stupid cowboy hat in the year 2016 because "If you ain't cav, you ain't shit". You will, no shit, have to do something horrible and grueling called a "spur ride" to earn your fake ass spurs to wear on your tan combat boots with your gay 200 dollar cowboy hat because LITERALLY the only thing of note the Cavalry ever did was fight Indians and to ride a real horse you needed spurs. So you will have to earn your spurs to show what unbelievably cringy fuckbois you are.

You will go on longer ruckmarches to prove to the infantry that you are better infantry than them. Your life is just going to be a suck forever. If you haven't signed your contract, for the love of God, go some support MOS, commo or medical, at the very least at least go infantry so you don't have to be surrounded by officers so insecure in their branch that they try to compensate in every way.
>>
>>30303099
Enjoy being a wannabe grunt
>>
So to sum up, don't be a faggot and get used to walking?
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 1280x1024
Did my time three years at Drum
ass raped everyday
Froze my balls and dick off
Regretted every second
physical and mental pain from it all every day
Been out almost two years
Married kid on way using GI Bill
Tell everyone I was a florist in the army because no one knows what the duck a cav scout is
Hate my life and regret everything
80% disability va Check comes every month as well as GI bill bah allowance
Money makes the hurt go away
Realize my silence regarding unethical activities is bought from DoD every month
7/10 would do it again
But would have sucked at my job more so no one would have expected so much of me
>>
>>30303693
>Did my time, three years at Drum
>Froze my balls and dick off
>Loved every second
>>
>>30303099
Just remember to relax the anus. All cav scouts are closeted homos.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.