[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NFA anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: Pissing into wind.jpg (29 KB, 419x300) Image search: [Google]
Pissing into wind.jpg
29 KB, 419x300
Anyone else have fun stuff in NFA jail?
When I sent in my form 4 I thought "eh, its just a wait until november or december.. it will be like an early x-mas present!"

Here I am 2 weeks later whimpering like a puppy.
>>
>>30300931
Sent mine in around the same time. Using the waiting period to get some gear and a glorious fnx 45 so I can put another suppressor in jail.
>>
>>30300931
Just push it from your mind that you even bought it. Before you know it *bam* shiny new toy.
>>
>>30301170
Easier said than done!

Everytime I finger fuck my firearms I think:
>"Dis 1911 will be even better with the suppressor"
>"I wonder what poi shift I will have with this tikka using my suppressor?"
>"Good thing I can get 3-lug mounts for my M1A and my ARs, quick detach is gonna be so cool"
Christmas cant come soon enough. I have a kid on the way. So this was my last chance for a while to buy something like this, and after dropping 1500 I just cant wait.
>>
>>30300931
>>30300931
I have 4 stamps pending. You dont know it.
>>
>>30300931
Haven't even gotten to the form 4, still waiting on the form 3.

Seriously thinking about getting another can and maybe a SBR before the NFApocalypse, now, though. I wasn't worried a week ago but the ban panic is steadily building in me. I am afeared for my right to keep and bear arms.
>>
OP did you at least use a trust and efile?
>>
File: 1466058244814.jpg (1 MB, 2343x3262) Image search: [Google]
1466058244814.jpg
1 MB, 2343x3262
>>30300931
>Here I am 2 weeks later whimpering like a puppy.
>2 weeks later
Quit yer whinin you faggot. You've got a long road ahead of you.
>>
>>30301890
Cant efile at this time, but I did use a trust.
>>
>>30301939
Im just not as patient as you, trip.
>>
Serious question though,

Why does it take that long to lass a background check? When they can grant 4473s instantly?

If you think about it, you dont want anyone that wouldnt pass a background check to have any firearm, because a suppressor isnt inherantly more dangerous. Why can't they just run a fast check and be done with it? Seems silly to me.
>>
>>30302519
Because they want you to suffer.

Seriously.

The ATF slow rolls all applications to be as onerous as possible.
>>
>>30302519
there are only 15 examiners that work in the NFA branch, doing the background checks & updating the required records for all forms ,not just 1&4's.
>>
>>30301939
Youre like 12. Have you ever filed for an NFA stamp?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1432515050384.jpg (86 KB, 850x1158) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1432515050384.jpg
86 KB, 850x1158
>>30300931
I have 18 stamps pending atm. You get used to it
>>
Currently holding five for suppressors .

The one just came in as an out of state dealer transfer last week. That alone took just shy of three months.

My last eform1 was filed on 3/2, nothing there yet.

The wait struggle is real.
>>
>>30301495

I mean, if the legal method is removed somehow, there won't be a wait time for anyone with basic tools.
>>
>>30302469
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM2-v5RG4OM

I love my local morning show sometimes.
>>
>>30303300
Is the wait time the same for Texas? I've been debating getting a suppressor for my rifle.
>>
>>30302608

Yea it's really bullshit, if you have a CCW or a stamp already the approval should be instant. Cops and military don't have to wait for this stuff, they get checked out and then they have a green light for whatever.

That's besides the fact the whole NFA is garbage. Has anyone ever used a suppressed weapon to commit a crime. I have never heard of it occurring IRL only movie magic where some guy executes someone with a suppressed center fire handgun and bystanders ten yards away in another room don't hear the ~100db report so they get sniped also.

I don't know that an sbr, full auto, suppressed weapon or handgun with a pistol grip has ever once made the difference between someone being able to commit a crime and not or get away with it vs not.

As far as I'm concerned the NFA is 100% the result of ignorance based on Hollywood hype and the like.
>>
>>30300931

I have 3 stamps in progress...

1 SBR
2 Suppressors

Fuck the ATF and fuck Democrats in the non-pleasurable context of the word
>>
File: silencershop.png (262 KB, 1116x393) Image search: [Google]
silencershop.png
262 KB, 1116x393
such a pain in the ass process
>>
>>30303021
They do it for you at a lot of LGSs
>>
>>30300931
I'm waiting on the ATF to get back to me about the C&R application I put in. Does that count?
>>
Weird question, but do you have to actually buy your nfa item before you apply for your stamp or can you apply for the stamp first and then when it arrives go buy the item you want? I'm asking about individual nfa stuff, not trusts.
>>
>>30300931
First timer here, is it normal to be waiting 4 months for my SBS papers to come back?
>>
>>30305133
Gotta wait until product is purchased from the dealer before submitting the Form 4.

Even if the SN is known months in advance, you have to wait.
>>
>>30305256
nfatracker.com
>>
>>30300931
Wait to see how you're wimpering when Christmas comes and goes without your stamp.

I've had them range from 30 days to 15 months over the years.
>>
>>30300931
I've got a question about the NFA stuff.
I have an 80% lower. I want to slap a can on it. Do I need to submit a form 4 once I mill it out?
Also do I need to submit a form 1 and/or 4 if I mill out the 80 and manufacture my own can for it? Do I have to serialize the 80% when I do finally mill the damn thing? I like my dirt star in one piece thanks.
>>
>>30306482
Form 4s are only for dealer transfers to you.

Considering you are so hung up on it though I assume you are looking to SBR it, which would be a Form 1 since you are the manufacturer. You can mill out the lower at any time, just don't configure it into a title ii firearm before you get your stamp back. In the meantime you can build it as a pistol with a short barrel, or a rifle with a 16" or longer barrel.

If you purchase a can from a dealer, they will transfer it to you on a Form 4, once it is approved you can take possession of it and mount it on anything you damn well please, the suppressor is the regulated item, the host does not matter.

If you choose to make a Form 1 can, you need to await your approval before beginning construction of it.
>>
>>30306482
Dont need a stamp for the gun, only the can if you manufacture one. That is, unless you plan on making it an sbr. Then you need to form 1 it. But if it is a full length rifle, you dont need to form 1 it at all.
>>
>>30306482
You have my attention
I know the can has to be serialized, and that's about all I KNOW
I suspect you'd have to either have a trust or for individual the specific weapon it's being assigned to would require a unique SN
>>
>>30300931
NFA? You want a silencer? Welcome to the terrorist watch list, hand over your weapons, citizen.
>>
>>30306529
>>30306554
State doesn't allow SBR so the can will be pinned to the barrel for >16". So for clarification,
Buy can, select FFL to receive it. Submit Form 4, wait, wait more, get approved/denied, mill and build.
Make can, submit Form 1, wait, approve/deny, mill and build both.
>>
>>30306675
You got it, and since you are not SBRing the lower, no need to serialize it, you can leave it as blank as the day you got it.
>>
>>30304313
Can you guys give a simplified explanation of how setting up a gun trust and it's use in NFA tax stamps works?
I've read the actual ATF documentation and the word soup befuddled me.
>>
>>30303631
Pump action shotguns were restricted in Australia because of Hollywood, I would not be surprised if it was the case for you guys as well.
>>
>>30306755
Its about to change, like this is the last month. Ill give you the run down.

Trust formation is essentially a declaration of assets that are to be utilized by all people given access to tge trust. As such, the creator has legal ownership of the items.. but they can be legally accessed by anyone in the trust. Since NFA items are only usable by those who they are registered to, a trust allows you to register the asset under the trust and it can be shared among everyone on that trust.

In its current and (soon to be changed form) this allows you to bypass the fingerprint and CLEO sign off that prevents alot of people from owning NFA items... (since many cleo's might just deny you)

So you write up a legal document (or buy a generic gun trust) and have it notarized (some states require a court house to ratify the trust, most do not)... then you go shopping. Once you select your suppressor that is in stock, you provide the ffl and atf a copy of your trust, and your $200 check for your tax stamp, and fill out that form 4. Then its a waiting game.
>>
>>30306991

Now, the upcoming changes kinda suck for trust users, but is a step in the better direction for people who want to register direct.

41f will require current pictures and finger prints of every person on the trust at the time of application. This means that if you have a family of 5, you gotta get prints on them all. In addition, yu have to NOTIFY the CLEO (no permission required).

I will still utilize the trust to protect the legal assets however. In the event of an untimely death it acts as a will and other members of my family become beneficiaries. Not bad.
>>
Any Texas anons have experience with owning SBRs/supressors? I've been doing research and apparently you can legally be arrested for possession of an SBR/supressor under Texas state law even if it's registered, the registration only being a "defense to prosecution."

How far does a case like that get? Do they have to cut you loose after a night in jail, or can they take you all the way to trial until you're found innocent? Are you even guaranteed to be found innocent in a situation like that?
>>
>>30303500

The ATF is federal, so...

Yes.

If you buy from an in state dealer in person you only form 4, you don't have the additional dealer transfer wait time.
>>
File: IBxu3cQ.jpg (767 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IBxu3cQ.jpg
767 KB, 3024x4032
>>30300931
currently waiting on 3 suppressors
>>
>>30307667
That got fixed last year along with the rest of the pro gun stuff that made it through the state legislature.
>>
>>30300931
i want a lightning link but i dont know if it would be better to just buy an FA lower instead.
>>
I'm a little over 60 days into waiting on a surpressor.
>>
I've never gotten an NFA item. What happens? Who is in possession of the item before your paperwork goes through? The seller? What ensures that they stay in business long enough to give it to you.
>>
>>30305404

Damn, that's some bullshit
>>
>>30305488
Wat. Pls no.
>>
>>30309526
Nothing, really.
>>
>>30309526
>>30309607
Does it really surprise you that your government and the agencies it spawned don't even remotely give a shit about you?
>>
>>30303631
Seriously. I agree. Why doesnt the atf just lump the nfa background check applications in with the normal ones and stop dicking us around?
>>
>>30309381
A LL or DIAS gives you the opportunity to use a fancy modern receiver, something with a rollmark or engraving you like, or in the case of the RDIAS use it in something like an AR10. They can both require extra work for timing and fitment. LL requires sp1 carriers. Since the host is not registered if you wanted a short barrel as well you need to file on it seperately.

A RR is always an mg first so barrel lengths dont matter. You can use any parts that are milspec dimensions. Generally have better resale. You are restricted to that particular receiver. Being that the receiver is just a chunk of aluminum it is less prone to breaking than the wings on a LL.

RDIAS is commonly considered the best as you get the combination of mil spec parts compatibility with the option for modern receivers at usually a lower cost than a RR. On the remote possibility end of the spectrum, if you get a bad round and explode the rifle it is most likely to survive without needing repair.

All three solutions can wear out or break, but there are companies that specialize in repairing them all too.
>>
>>30309526
The current owner holds the item until the required form clears.

Instate dealer or private sale it is a single form 4.

Out of state dealer form 3 to your dealer who then form 4s it to you.

Out of state private sale form 4 to your dealer then form 4 to you.

Anytime a form 4 is required so is $200, so out of state private sale requires $400 total in stamps. Who pays is between you and the seller, most of course ask that you take on the burden.
>>
have two stamps, waiting on the third
>SBR
>Omega 30 cal suppressor
>Octane 45 cal suppressor

Going to buy a 9mm end cap for the octane 45, and make a .22lr end cap for it as well.
>>
>>30309526
>What ensures that they stay in business long enough to give it to you.

Nothing ensures they stay in business, and until the final transfer to you is performed, the FFL is still the owner even if the form 4 has cleared.

Now if they are going out of business we can assume they are losing their FFL as well so the items the FFL owned still need to go somewhere (the business owner can't just keep them). Either complete the transfer to you if the form has cleared and they can still legally do so, a form 3 to another local dealer who can then help you file another form 4 to transfer from them to you, or they surrender the item to ATF.

>>30310147
Is it bad that I'd prefer to shoot unsuppressed than clean a rimfire can?
>>
>>30310277
>Is it bad that I'd prefer to shoot unsuppressed than clean a rimfire can?

No, but I think I'll enjoy the novelty of it for a while atleast, and have the ability to do it when I want. I don't think scrubbing or removing the shit will be too hard with the click together caps instead of a solid core.
>>
>>30309375
So is it 100% fully-legal now? No asshole cops arresting people for owning a registered suppressor?
>>
>>30311340
Correct, and even prior to that it was not a big deal. Texas was still high on the list of nfa items per capita by state long beforehand.

IIRC there was one case where a San Antonio dealer got charged for every item in his inventory for pissing the wrong guys off but stuff like that was rare.

My understanding was the original laws intention was just to help provide leo a way to verify legal ownership if there was any suspicion otherwise.
>>
Can anyone tell me what an SBR 5.56 with a can on sounds like? I know it will never be close to subsonic 300 blackout but I'm still curious.
>>
>>30311598
Standing next to the stage at a rock concert loud but only for a fraction of a second.
>>
>>30300931
I have a 556k in jail. ATF hasn't even put it in their system as pending yet. Check was cashed, though. The lady at NFA branch said they've received as many as 10,000 Form 3 faxes in a day. Shit is crazy there.
>>
>>30311688
Too lazy to Google wtf is a form 3? Or was it just a typo? I'd figure it's the govt and if there is a form 1 and 4 so...
>>
>>30311740
Not that guy, but a Form 3 is for transferrs between dealers. So if an out of state dealer has an item you want they need to Form 3 it to your local dealer since they cannot Form 4 it to you directly across state lines.
>>
>>30307013
So does this mean the only way to get NFA stuff without giving the government my fingerprints is via the corporation method that requires a yearly fee instead of one $200 check?
>>
>>30311957
Corporation and llcs are still affected since 41f is requiring submitted information for all "responsible persons".

"In the case of an unlicensed entity, including any trust, partnership, association, company (including any Limited Liability Company (LLC)), or corporation, any individual who possesses, directly or indirectly, the power or authority to direct the management and policies of the trust or entity to receive, possess, ship, transport, deliver, transfer, or otherwise dispose of a firearm for, or on behalf of, the trust or legal entity."
>>
>>30311598
It's still uncomfortable but significantly less than an unsuppressed rifle.
>>
>>30303631
There has only been 2 counts of fully legal, registered NFA items ever been used in a violent crime.

One, a police officer murdered an informant with his personal machine gun. It was a Mac-11, and it was back in the 70's I think

So that means only 1 case where a civilian ever actually commited a crime with a legal registered NFA item.

>trying to find source
>>
>>30312128
IIRC, the other guy was a dentist, and also used a MAC-11.
>>
I'd love a mac 11.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 125x125
>>30312214
Dentist, plz go back and graduate from actual medical school like you wanted originally.
>>
File: file.png (92 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
file.png
92 KB, 700x700
>>30312438
Boo
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 183x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 183x183
>>30312451
>>
>>30306755
Unless your local NFA dealer has an instock silencer you want, it is almost pointless to set up a NFA trust now. A form 3 (Dealer to dealer) takes ~90 days, at which time, if your dealer gets it, will fall past the 7/17(?) cutoff date, and you will have to jump through the ATF's new hoops.

Basically, you would have to travel and buy in-person in-state and get a form 4 started before the cutoff date in July for a trust to be optimal.

>>30305404
>Gotta wait until product is purchased from the dealer before submitting the Form 4.
not sure that is completely true. I think what you mean is the can has to be physically in-hand at your local dealer before he can file a form 4.
>>
>have 4 stamps in progress
>about to submit another
NFA tracker says I could get my first one back by the end of the month. Really good chance by the end of next month.
>M92 SBR
>>
Question:
If I inherit an NFA item, and the previous owner does not have a trust that I am part of, do I need to go through a process, pay fees, etc, to take possession of those items?
>>
>>30313019
Not sure about a legal process, but I remember reading that inherited guns don't carry a fee.
>>
>>30313019
If the item was specifically willed to you then its not a problem.

If it was inna box that you randomly found, hope you have the paperwork.

At that time, it would be best to discuss with an attourney.
>>
>>30300931
Question what happens while you wait for the stamp? Does the atf keep the gun in a locker or will you just not be able to use it?
>>
>>30314195
If you are buying, then you cant take possession from the seller. If you are making, you cant assemble it.
>>
I literally submitted my form yesterday and every second I had to spare I was checking go see if the status changed from "pending research". When should I at least expect that to change
>>
>>30311885
Thank you. So does the form 3 have the same 6-12 month wait that form 1s and 4s have?
>>
>tfw my dream gun is a sten
>tfw moving to WA for work
I-i-it's going to be alright, right? They're still going to be floating around in 5-10 years, right?
>>
>>30316116
4-6 weeks normally, but there is so much buying now for 41f it could be longer at the moment.
>>
>>30315160
Pending will be that way until approved.

So enjoy the wait at the end of the line bud. :(
>>
>>30316797
Unless something drastic changes, transferrables will be around still. Who knows what pricing will be though.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.