[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growing Up /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
File: klife.jpg (477 KB, 1002x901) Image search: [Google]
klife.jpg
477 KB, 1002x901
Well, did you /k/uks?
>>
>>30297315
nope. manchild here, my life is pretty much like the end of stepbrothers.
>>
>>30297315
Nope
>>
>>30297315
Not me. I'm a Toys'R'Us kid.
>>
>>30297315
Typical shit. Flyin around in helicopters, learnin to blow shit up. I thought all kids grew up that way. Little did I know my Ma was just shacking up with anyone that could teach me to be the leader of humanity or some shit like that. Like I said shes nuts. Lets go to arcade!

Yeah I had my own VHS.
>>
File: 20150415_071812.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150415_071812.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>30297315
Parents weren't too K, mom had nothing to do with it and dad had a few rifles and shotguns from when he was a teenager he handed off to me. Gramps died when I was 4 but two days before he bough me a Red Rider that I keep pristine to this day. My Gran got all his rifles, two cabinets worth and she still takes care of them all. She taught me to hunt and shoot. She gave me my first gun and over the years gives me one of the treasures from gramps' safes as she gets older. Her favorite is her old Marlin 30-30 she bought in the 80's I think and beat my gramps with shooting. She was a better shot any day.

Love her to bits, we hangout every few weeks and we clean and shoot guns all day. Makes some kick ass veison jerky too. Gotta love a /K/ grandma.
>>
>>30297315

Dad was /k/ but Mom wasn't too in to it. Didn't shoot my first gun until I was 12 (Single-shot 20ga) and I've been hooked ever since.
>>
>>30297315
Grew up hearing story's about Korea from my grandpa and my dad was an avid hunter (not a fudd) I always had toy guns around. I was always watching shit like Tales of the Gun on TV and stuff. Shot my first gun (an Inland M1 Carbine) when I was 8 or 9
>>
>>30297315
Yes. Mother always bought me /k/ shit and let my uncles take me shooting. /k/ even to the point she made me a double sided tiger stripe bedspread with each side having a different Vietnam color tiger stripe.
>>
>>30297315
Yes and no.

I lived in NJ growing up with a dad who worked for the army as a computer engineer.

They say that video games, movies, that shit makes people violent.

Nah, ya gotta have it in ya to be violent.

When my dad brought me to one of the bases daily celebrations, I fell in love with military tech.

The roar of a jet, the crunch noise a car makes when crushed by a tank, the chookas of the helicopters, the roar of gun fire and smoke, the hot brass flying away almost in slow motion as their payload hits the target, the clinks of metal being hit with hot lead, copper, and steel slamming against targets.

Furthermore I watched military channel literally all the time?

Nickelodeon? Nah. Cartoon Network? Eh. Disney? Fuck off.

How it's made, Deadliest Catch, FBI stories, and most of all, greatest tank battles, that was my shit.

To only be at the battle of 73 easting in a Abrams...

Anyways, yeah I was a /k/ kid. I also shot airsoft, bb, and sometimes real guns (12w gauge, .22LR, 30-30 sometimes).

Loved the smell of burning gun powder and the sound an artillery shell makes right before it lands.
>>
>>30297315
Fired my first gun at 10. Neighbor lady taught me to shoot the squirrels that would be after her pecan trees. My parents thought it was perfectly reasonable.
>>
File: 1465593149573.jpg (39 KB, 800x563) Image search: [Google]
1465593149573.jpg
39 KB, 800x563
>>30298036
Forgive the grammar.

When I was a teen, that kinda died down. I actually had friends and stuff. I actually went out once in a while.

After all these shootings, I can't talk about guns with my friends (almost all liberal anti-gun, talking about stuff they don't really know about but form opinions on anyways), so I didn't discuss guns with anyone until I discovered 4chan.

Hell, I dropped having camo cargos (still keep a shit ton of hoodies for when innawoods)

/k/ is probably my first experience with 4chan. Glad it was my first.
>>
>>30297315
Sure did.

>Dad taught me and my brother (and sister) how to shoot
>Brother lied to me about the recoil from a 12 gauge, nearly took my arm off at 9 years old (still not crazy about shotguns to this day)
>Shot a cardinal through the eye with a .22 in our yard, got my ass beat by mom for killing a bird for no reason
>Went hunting with dad, learned that you don't have to dress like a tree to get a durr
>>
>>30297315
No not really, single mom with no guns. Got BB gun at 5, pellet gun at 10, but single shot break barrel 20 ga at 13.

Wasn't til I was 19 that I remembered guns existed. Went out and bought a Remington 870 and have been adding to my collection ever since.
>>
>>30297315
Hell no, my mom hates guns and my father was never in my life. Other men had to show me the way.
>>
>>30298204
>Shot a cardinal through the eye with a .22 in our yard, got my ass beat by mom for killing a bird for no reason

holy shit are you me?
>>
File: Mattel_Marauder.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
Mattel_Marauder.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
Brrrrrraaaaaappppp.
>>
>>30298204
"Here you go son, since you like firing the .22 so much try this 12 gauge." "No it barely has anymore recoil than the rifle, try it."
My 8 or so year old self proceeds to get knocked on my ass and I don't touch shotguns for years and I still don't like them. Glad I'm not the only one here
>>
File: 1445251277861.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1445251277861.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>30298290
>single mom
>>
During the summer, all of my friends were sent to summer camps or shit my parents didn't want to spend money on. They were at work all the time, so I just hung around town and eventually found the shooting range. Everyone there was nice to me and they even let me shoot some of their guns. Eventually my grandpa took me to shoot. I've loved guns, had almost no friends, and hated my parents ever since.
>>
My dad bought a BB gun when I was 5 and we would shoot it all the time in the back yard until we moved overseas (which guns are super expensive) when I was 7. My interests in guns was fostered mostly through video games, and mostly WWII games.
>>
>>30297315
Nope.

Liberal single mom. Not anti-gun, but no reason for them.
>>
File: gettodachoppa.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gettodachoppa.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>30297315
>born 1966
>bb gun wars/bottle rocket/nigger chaser wars/Saturn Missile Battery Wars/Roman Candle Wars/rock wars
>only authority heat was cop telling us not to shoot neighbor's cats/windows, set school on fire
>basically, "Lord of the Flies" on bikes
(pic very related)

you poor saps, you missed EVERYthing
>>
File: Terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg (34 KB, 359x450) Image search: [Google]
Terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg
34 KB, 359x450
>>30297539
kek

Come with me if you want to live
>>
>>30302601
Man I wish I had had a Schwinn Stingray as a kid.
>>
>>30297315
god i miss my big wheel

Parents were cool with toy guns, and bb guns when my bro and i got older.
once i was old enough to drive though, something snapped and my parents weren't cool with any of it anymore.
took me ten years after i moved out to realize i could do actually own guns. i turn 40 in august, i may buy myself a new gun because i can.
>>
>>30302629
I have a lemon peeler in my barn. Saving it for a grandson.
>>
Wing shooting dragon flies with my crossman 760 at the pond down the road.
>>
>>30302601
Yes, those days
Playing War as a kid now would get you institutionalized
>>
File: 1449889902560.jpg (4 KB, 250x179) Image search: [Google]
1449889902560.jpg
4 KB, 250x179
>>30297315
>mfw I was the kid everybody thought was a psychopath because I loved funs and military related shit
>even the edgy goths and emos in high school called me crazy and called me a sicko
I can't be the only one in here.
>>
>>30302601
Jesus Christ, grandpa. How'd you get internet from the home?
>>
>>30302797
I hid my powerlevel
>>
>>30302131
Me too. I played the hell out of Call of Duty 2 when I was 6. My dad had bought it but never had the time to play it so he let me have it. I also got my first BB gun at the age of 6.
>>
>>30302601
So true. Born in '63 ans Lord of the Flies (until the streetlights came on) describes it well.

Wrist rockets. Mine was made from the branch of a willow tree and inner tube black rubber. I longed for the Whamo-O version.

I had a Daisy Cub, and killed sparrows and gophers with it. You had to just about make a contact shot on a gopher to kill them. I would be riding all over town with the Daisy Cub lashed to my Schwinn Fastback (metallic blue, bitches). Steel rims in the rain simply don';t have rim brakes that work, btw.

The closest thing we had to video games was pinball. I liked the Evel Knievel pinball game- I could usually do pretty well on that. If you played your quarter right you might get 10 or 15 minutes of play. Looking back that means that quarter translates into about $1.25-$1.50 these days. Ouch. We'd play at Kress or the Valu-Mart.

We'd steal christmas lights off of your house and throw them like little grenades. We'd shoplift at the Yellow Front for stickers with fishtape in them for my Yamaha dirt bike. I'd be shoplifting in that aisle while my friend Tom was using his technique to steal Playboys from the news-stand by the entrance.

Speaking of dirtbikes my friends and I would gas out our dirtbikes at $50 cents a gallon for leaded gas, and go tear-assing out across the prarie- which was essentially right at the end of our block. You could see us coming or going for 45 minutes- that's how far off the horizon was.

In the winter we'd drag out our fleible flyer sleds and fly down the hills in my neighborhoos once the street had a nice 2" packed surface. If you went over a 'dry-spot" where there was no snow, at night your sled's runner would throw up a quick rooster-tail of sparks.

Cassette tapes were a rich-kids thing. We'd go to the library and check out an LP.

We built tons of plastic models. AMT, Aurora, Hawk, Monogram, Revell, JoHan, MPC, Testors,
>>
>>30302797

that was me too. my grandfather was a bomber pilot in ww2, my parents cops and all my cousins were marines. so i had a pretty /k/ childhood and i idealized military shit until i was a little later in my teens and realized it wasnt the military i liked, it was guns. i had a bb gun, played doom and later counter strike, watched the military channel, built models of fighter jets and tanks etc.

i think what helped that along was being in the young marines. fuck getting smoked all the time and constantly fucked with and marching and all that noise.

now that i look back, would that bullshit have been worth it for some trigger time? idk maybe. also i cringe like fuck when i look back and i wore my young marines uniform to school sometimes. sometimes id wear other stuff too like a vietnam era uniform or chocolate chip desert. only when i was in middle school though. thankfully i got out of that gay habit by the time i was 14.

i cant believe my parents let me go to school like that. luckily i dont see people i went to school with these days but im dreading the day someone says, hey its that faggot that wore an army uniform to middle school.
>>
>>30302601
Nigga you old
>>
>>30302872
me is you, but me no $ growing up.

plus my mom WILL disown me if I ever got a motorcycle, and I'd hate to be out of a couple of hundred bucks.

Fuck, summer used to be fun. Not just another day.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.