[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically /k/ if the AWB was to return would battle rifles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: P1160230r-900x601 (1).jpg (263 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
P1160230r-900x601 (1).jpg
263 KB, 900x601
Hypothetically /k/ if the AWB was to return would battle rifles fall under its umbrella or would they stay unrestricted?
>>
>>30296038
Depends. Things like m1 grarand might be ok because it's top fed through clips that only hold 8 rounds. Something like the m14 would probably be a different story.
>>
They would probably go full retard and say anything semi automatic is now an assault weapon and needs to be turned in and destroyed.
>>
Dosn't matter. No one will obey such a ban. I know I won't.
>>
>>30296138
I'll fucking kill your dog you faggot.
>>
>>30296038
In CA you're pretty much limited to an SKS or an m1 garand at this point. I doubt they'll come after them that soon unless there's a shooting with one.
>>
The only reason the Garand was not included in the 1994 ban was Teddy Kennedy. He was on the floor of the senate and talked about how he had to carry a Garand in the ROTC (I think) and that no real criminal is going to make a habit of robbing people with something that heavy. If not for him, it would have been listed in the 94 ban by name.
>>
>>30296159
I already killed my dog and am wearing his pelt like a fucking cape... so come at me faggot.
>>
File: 1464890774233.jpg (339 KB, 769x1038) Image search: [Google]
1464890774233.jpg
339 KB, 769x1038
>>30296372
>doubles down an goes more crazy than crazy b8er
I like the cut of your jib m8
>>
File: yukiwellshit.jpg (92 KB, 768x900) Image search: [Google]
yukiwellshit.jpg
92 KB, 768x900
>>30296324
so teddy kennedy actual did at least one good thing in his life
>>
>>30296159
This shouldn't have made me laugh. Sign of the times.
>>
>>30296038

The 94 AWB listed some items by name, and others just by a number of features such as threaded muzzle, pistol grip, ability to use detachable magazines, collapsible or folding stock, and so on.

Something like an M1A would have to be named as banned since it likely doesn't have enough of those features, where like a PTR91 has a pistol grip.

Who knows?

Maybe they just say "Any semi-auto with a detachable magazine is now an assault weapon and illegal to sell after X date."
>>
>>30296038
In 2013 Bloomberg shills came to MN (where I'm from) and a bunch of other "battleground" states to try and push their latest version of the AWB on the state level.

It was basically a bunch of shit banned by name (including thompson contenders and a bunch of other guns that weren't even semi auto), and anything with a capacity of more than SEVEN rounds.

I can't remember if it was "detachable mag + 1 evil feature" (cali style) or "2 evil features" (94 style) or "semi-auto and 1 evil feature" (NY full retard style), but it would've banned Garands yes.

Any "assault weapon" owned would have to be registered and inspected periodically without a warrant to "ensure safe storage" and would have to be surrendered for destruction upon your death.

Basically they will go for the retarded offspring of the AWB and the SAFE Act, if they are dumb enough to try and push for one on the federal level.
>>
File: efadbook.jpg (32 KB, 286x475) Image search: [Google]
efadbook.jpg
32 KB, 286x475
>>30296134
I'm reading this right now. That's the premise of the novel.
>>
>>30296324
well color me fucking surprised
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.