[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Might be a retarded question. Say you live in a commiestate that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 184x115) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 184x115
Might be a retarded question. Say you live in a commiestate that is scared of tactical assault detachable magazines. Would it be possible to develop a magazine that is permanently attached to your weapon, say like a boolit button mag, but can be fed clips from the bottom?
>>
i want a clip-fed AR-15
>>
>>30295069
See, that was my thought exactly. Goes around retarded laws, but you can still feed your babykiller on the go.
>>
>>30295076
doesnt solve the 10 round limit on fixed mag rifles in california
>>
>>30295065
The bullets would have to be able to pass through both a spring and the follower for that to work, perhaps of you had an sks type mag that could swing out with the spring connected to the baseplate it could work.
Most likely though California is gonna see more of those permanently affixed mags in AR's that need to have the rear takedown pin removed to allow loading from the top of the mag
>>
Springs are in the bottom. They make ARs that quickly pivot open via rear takedown pin and can be loaded with clips from the top.
>>
>>30295065
>in;b4 clip fed rotary mags become common in Cali, and then the rest of the us
My dick is ready
>>
File: carbon15.png (435 KB, 764x966) Image search: [Google]
carbon15.png
435 KB, 764x966
this is the closest you're getting

what you describe would have to be a magazine like flared or some shit and the spring would have to be pushed out of the way by the incoming clip and pushed back into place by another spring and it'd just be a clusterfuck of dubious functionality
>>
>>30295080
How so? Make the mag 10 round only, but make the clip 30 rounds.
>>
File: 1432074139557.jpg (16 KB, 251x213) Image search: [Google]
1432074139557.jpg
16 KB, 251x213
>>
>>30295166
assembled like that (I'm imagining a weird en bloc system) would still be considered a "high capacity magazine" per CA law.

high capacity "magazine" per their law is defined as any firearm feeding device, not just actual magazines.
>>
>>30295208
>"magazine" per their law is defined as any firearm feeding device, not just actual magazines.
I'd put a hurrdurr reaction image here if my laptop had any. Shitposting from my solar powered summer cabin.
>>
>>30295065
A Ruger Mini 14 with a fixed ten round mag would be pretty easy to top load. Functionally, it's be an SKS in 5.56.
>>
What if there was a Krag Jorgensen style magazine with the side door, is that feasible?
>>
>>30295149
What the actual fuck.

If yesterday hadn't proven were all going to get fucked, I'd be mad at CA. Now I'm just mad at everything.
>>
>>30295149

At that point, why not just replace the furniture on a Garand.
>>
>>30295189

>That is kinda cool.
>>
>>30295065
just use a belt
>>
>>30295065
I really want to see something like a ruger mini-14 that's fed from a pinger clip. A modernized and improved m1 garand would be badass, even if it was restricted to 10 round pingers.
>>
File: hoppermag.jpg (44 KB, 725x516) Image search: [Google]
hoppermag.jpg
44 KB, 725x516
>>30295065
I had an idea a bit like that too.
Load stripper from side. Rounds go around curve in the bottom. The follower in the mag ratchets past the rounds and catches them on the push up.
Ten ready to go, ten in reserve, top up as you go.
10,000,000 hrs in paint.
>>
>>30297466
That's fucking retarded.

A split magazine isn't necessarily an awful idea though, because it does let you bypass the 10 round limit sort of, if they count as seperate magazines.

There's a lelkek shotgun that takes advantage of this I think.
>>
>>30297485
>That's fucking retarded.
- Your mother
>>
>>30295065
>from the bottom.
Feeding from the top via stripper clips would be a better option. For more info, look up an SKS.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.