[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best .22LR bolt action rifle on the market today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 22.jpg (41 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
41 KB, 1155x1155
What's the best .22LR bolt action rifle on the market today? Will be used for small game hunting and plinking.

Also, disregard the "No .22 on shelves" meme. There is plenty where I live.
>>
>>30293730
I own a savage mk2. Super good rifle right out of the box. I'm also told the Mossberg plinker series is quite good too, 702 or 802.
>>
>>30293730
Probably the Cz452(?) Ultra Lux
>>
>>30293905
Ma nigga
>>
>>30293730
Some kind of Anschutz.
>>
Annie for production. Lots of full custom options out there tol
>>
File: anshutz1.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
anshutz1.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
If you could find an Anschutz Modell 1413 Super Match then I'd say that.

mine is breddy gud
>>
>>30293775
>I own a savage mk2. Super good rifle right out of the box.

Same. Pretty damned good for the price.
>>
>>30294333
i used to have a savage in 22wmr, it was 3/4 moa with cci ammo at 100 yards. would buy again. i hear good things about cz if you want to spend a little more for something that might last longer
>>
>>30294351

I've been meaning to buy a bolt action in .22 magnum.
>>
File: image.png (78 KB, 743x198) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78 KB, 743x198
>>30293730
The answer to your question will inevitably come to the CZ., just save yourself the trouble and get one, you cannot possibly be dissapointed.

The only thing better would be an anschutz maybe or some of the other fancy brands which cost shitloads more.
>>
>>30293775
>>30294333
>>30294351

Nigga status: [ ] not my [X] my

My mk ii slaps 9mm casings off at 100m. Fucking love that rifle.
Alternatively, cz makes a damn fine rifle. If Sako, Tikka or Howa ever made a .22lr bolt gun I'd be on it like a Clinton on a gun ban.
>>
>>30295027
Sako do have a .22

Pretty expensive though i hear its great.

Now that you mention it, id really love if Howa made a .22
>>
Im new to guns, what is so special about .22?
Of course i understand for hunting but other then that, why would anyone have fun with a small cartridge that feels like an airsoft when shooting.
>>
HIGHJACK

Buying my first gun soon, planning to plink all day erry day. Should I go semi auto or bolt?
>>
>>30294558
10/22 is the best hunting/plinking 22 on the market.

also,

the used market is still "the market" so I'd buy an old Rem 541S before I ever bought a CZ. you can't shoot out a .22lr barrel.
>>
>>30294322
>OP asks for something to hunt and plink with
>you post a 15 pound Olympic rifle you prob wear a shooting jacket with
KYS
>>
>>30295272
Low cost to shoot, easy to build or retain fudamentals.
>>
>>30295301
Op asked for the best .22 bolt gun for small game and plinking. The cz fits that description pretty much perfectly
>>
>>30295272
Its extremely cheap, very pleasant to shoot. Its fun nailing small game right in the head with a perfectly placed shot rather than just blowing them to bits.

Whats not to like? Unless you get off on making the biggest bang, having a sore shoulder and an empty wallet at the end of the plinking session
>>
>>30293730
Is there such thing as premium 22lr?

Are CCI maych grade ammo worth it or federal good enough?
>>
>>30295482
Yes, people seem to love eley match and a few others. Really its all about finding what ammo works in your rifle. That remington bucket shit is horrible in my rifle but works ok in my buddies rifle
>>
>>30293730
Mas 45
>>
>>30295266

>Sako do have a .22

The Quad is pretty shit.
Because the same gun is supposed to work with 4 different rimfire calibers with simple barrel and mag change none of the 4 calibers work as well as they should/could.

Their older models are breddy gud tho.
>>
I have a Savage Mk 2 FV-SR as a suppressor host that wears a Spectre II. I have not yet picked up optics for it.
Good:
>big bolt knob
>factory threaded and fluted heavy barrel
>tightly locking bolt
>comes with optics rail mount
>$220 price
>lightweight trigger pull

Bad:
>noisy safety
>retardedly low cheek weld for optics
>no iron sights
>manufacturer refers to magazine as a clip
>made in Canada
>>
Norinco
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.