[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Glock.jpg (169 KB, 700x476) Image search: [Google]
Glock.jpg
169 KB, 700x476
/k/ I'm looking into purchasing a Glock 17. I need a black semi-auto full-sized pistol that can take some abuse. Not looking to upgrade it like my other guns. I currently own some M&P's but one is my CCW gun and the other is FDE which is good for SHTF and home defense but isn't gonna fly right now.

I'm not a glock fanboy but I need a gun that I don't care much about that is reliable, able to take abuse, and is full sized in case I need it. So...hows the trigger? How are the sights? Is the grip angle significantly different than an M&P and will it make practicing harder? Any other options that meet my needs (besides a black M&P...I don't need another although I like them).
>>
>>30292447
>So...hows the trigger?
Feels nicer than the pivot trigger on the M&P.
> How are the sights?
The stock ones are plastic and generally regarded as pretty shot
> Is the grip angle significantly different than an M&P and will it make practicing harder?
The glock feels more upright in my hand if that makes sense. Go to any gunshop because they will all have a glock 17
>Any other options that meet my needs
USP
P320
Steyr M9A1

The glock is a good choice but I have some essential upgrades (reversible) that I do to all of mine:
>Night sights
>3.5lb connector
>Extended slide release
>Extended mag release (on gen 3)
>+2 baseplates

Dont do anything dumb like porting the slide or stippling the grip.
>>
>>30292494
Night sights are possible later as I have them on my other guns but I really don't plan on putting much into a gun I'm going to be abusing.
>>
>>30292521
3.5lb connector, extended release and +2 baseplates is around $40
>>
>>30292447
Why won't FDE work? If you're already invested in m&ps I'd just get a black one for mag compatibility and holsters.
>>
>>30292625
I only have 2 mags for my M&P anyway. And a few reasons. Policy, FDE is shitty looking unless in camo or innawoods, black is more common, black will hide abuse better. All those reasons.
>>
>>30292521

Night sights go for around $70
Trigger can be upgraded for around $15
Magpul or ETS mags can be had for $15
OEM Mags can be had for $25
Mag Extensions can be had for under $5
Holster is your pick as every holster company makes glock holsters
Gen IV glocks have replaceable backstraps so you can adjust the grip to your liking
If you decide you want a match barrel they can be had for $150
>>
>>30292494

What if I get the grip laser stippled?
>>
>>30293089
You still will be a faggot
>>
>>30292447

Anyone here have the 34?
>>
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd ask here.
I'm wanting a handgun for playing around with steel challenge, plinking, and maybe varmint control. I'm thinking 9mm and so I'm leaning towards a g17. I'm thinking one I can put a red dot on and a longer barrel with a compensator.
Is there a different gun I should be looking at too?
>>
>>30292447
i personally dont like the 17 because i have donald trump hands. I would get a p320 personally.
>>
>>30294032
Glock 34 would get you a longer barrel while staying eligible for USPSA Production
>>
>>30294082
Good to know. I like it. If I get a compensator for it wouldn't it be to long then? I'm mostly looking for a fun overall gun to shoot. So I could just take the comp off if I do a competition.
>>
>>30292447
If you qualify for the Blue Label program (Glock discount for LE/Military/First Responders) DEFINITELY go that route. You have to find a Blue Label dealer (list on Glock website). You will save at least $100, probably more. Also, the Glock PMAGS are great and will save you 50% or more per mag.
>>
File: apSan.jpg (208 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
apSan.jpg
208 KB, 1024x768
>>30294158
Threaded barrels put you into the open divisions with raceguns, if just getting started with competitive it's better to stick to production as you won't be going against $4k CZ's with $500 optics, and individually hand-loaded cartridges.
>>
>>30294280
>Spending 4k on a CZ
>Ever
>>
Convince me to get a glock 36 over a LCR Snubbie.

Hardmode: I finger fucked it at the store and it felt cheap especially the god-awful trigger. Coming from 1911's and already owning a lcr 3". but i want a good deep ccw piece.
>>
>>30294323
>36

Get the 33 or the 29 if you want subcompact stoppin powah, .357 sucks in 2" barrels
>>
>>30294306
Go watch any racegun competition. Your poorfag ass will cry.

Does it also trigger you that there are competitive shooters that go through 1,000 rounds a week at a minimum? Welcome to competition in any sport, faggot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.