[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the optimal set of gun permits for maximum travel abilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: concealed+carry+IWB+holster.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
concealed+carry+IWB+holster.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
hi guys,

if i wanted to be unencumbered travelling with my gun in the usa, then where would i have to live, and where would i have to go to get a permit?

it doesnt make a difference to me whether the licenses are for open or concealed carry, i just want to be able to travel around with a gun on hand to feel safe and make the people around me feel more safe

thanks
>>
>>30290946
No permits. You can go anywhere, and the police will protect you
>>
Does anyone knows if PA has started accepting non resident Utah cc permits yet?
>>
File: _wsb_518x558_FL-StatesCovered.jpg (359 KB, 518x558) Image search: [Google]
_wsb_518x558_FL-StatesCovered.jpg
359 KB, 518x558
Based Florida checking in. Our CCW has reciprocity pretty much anywhere you wanna go. Stay outta the commie red states.
>>
>>30290946
my big problem is that i don't live in california (thank goodness) but travel there semi-regularly.

reading online it looks like if i am a traveler, then it's ok to have a gun as long as I have a permit at my home and my destination

is that true?

why is california such a garbage state, i wish my friends didnt live there
>>
>>30290946
Step 1) Be current or former LEO
Step 2) Carry in all 50 states under LEOSA
>>
>>30291104
PA doesn't accept any permit unless the person has a permit from their state of residence, if it issues one.
>>30290946
AZ, UT, FL
>>
>>30291269
wow good protip

what law enforcement career has the shortest entrance and exit? what law enforcement job is the quickest to retire from
>>
>>30291294
It is reasonably broad, basically anything with arrest authority where you qualify with a weapon.

Read up more on it here http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2014/01/does-the-leosa-carry-law-apply-to-you.aspx
>>
>>30291292
What about Maryland? We have a defacto ban on concealed carry so does that mean I couldn't get a PA permit?
>>
>>30290979
Just like they protected the people at pulse. Well the ones that lived
>>
Michigan aint bad. Further north better it gets.
>>
File: 2016bookpicture-225x300.png (59 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
2016bookpicture-225x300.png
59 KB, 225x300
>>30290946
Buy this book.
>Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States
>https://www.gunlawguide.com/
>>
>>30291237
>reading online it looks like if i am a traveler, then it's ok to have a gun as long as I have a permit at my home and my destination

Hahahahaha.
No.
>>
>>30290946
Vote for Trump and pray he follows through on nationwide reciprocity.
>>
File: imgres.png (10 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
imgres.png
10 KB, 248x203
If one were to have a CCW in one state and then try to CC in New York City and get caught, what kind of time would they be looking at?
>>
>>30293479

Most likely some jail time. Probably a felony charge and maybe confiscation of your handgun.
>>
>>30290946
>if i wanted to be unencumbered travelling with my gun in the usa, then where would i have to live, and where would i have to go to get a permit?
To be truly unencumbered you'd have to be a federal agent.

Next best thing would be LEOSA.

The rest of us get what scraps remain by stitching together multiple state's carry permits.
>>
>>30291294

>sign up for law enforcement agency
>shoot dindu on your first day
>get a severance package with full benefits when they have to 'fire' you for PR reasons
>>
>>30292070

nigga you ain't getting no CCW in Maryland, period
>>
>>30291269
What about former military?
>>
>>30294631
yes that works too, just do ten years as a mp, in any branch and you're good to go
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.