[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Do/k/ument
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: gas man.jpg (346 KB, 2988x2241) Image search: [Google]
gas man.jpg
346 KB, 2988x2241
Is any effort being made to clean up the do/k/ument?
it's a huge mess from what i can tell
here's a few things i would like to fix:

>lots of redundant files
>enormous, irrelevant video files
>lots of files with unrecognizable file types
>quite a few executable files with no explanation
>a lot of files are literally just archived webpages, some have a few important images missing
>lots of corrupt archives
>lots of unorganized or out of place files

i also have some thoughts for improving the do/k/ument:
>should be as cross-platform friendly as possible
>should contain open-source software that provides access to the files (things like sumatraPDF)
>several collections of files could be replaced with single PDFs (there is an easy way to convert images to PDFs and merge PDFs)

i don't like the idea of removing files from the do/k/ument, but there are several files which are either pointless or blatantly unhelpful
for example, i saw a few pictures of a book which were too blurry to make out any words at all
also, i believe that executable files should not be included without their source available

i am willing and able to help clean up the do/k/ument, but i wanted to make sure there was an interest before tackling such a huge project
>>
File: sax man.jpg (61 KB, 960x618) Image search: [Google]
sax man.jpg
61 KB, 960x618
first and only bump
will return in about a month if there's no interest today
>>
>i am willing and able to help clean up the do/k/ument, but i wanted to make sure there was an interest before tackling such a huge project

Go for it, it also could really use a number of useful files that it doesn't currently have.
>>
Agreed. Would fucking kill for more better videos on sniping and marksmanship.
>>
I have the entire thing on DVDs. My optical drive is shit though so it takes 999999999999 years to read even one of them. Its like 30 dvds too.
>>
With the new people swarming and eyes watching. I recommenced asking the other /k/, not /pol/ mind you.
>>
>>30289666
Where can I get a copy? The links on murdercube don't work.
>>
>>30289666
I wish it wasn't a fucking mess, I refuse to download it again until it's cleaned up
But then again, I'm experienced enough that I don't think I'll need it realistically, and I have a 256gb flash drive of information to use in case of rebuilding after THE HABBEDING
>>
>>30290385
Seconded, I haven't heard of this before, but a giant pile of /k/ stuff sounds pretty great.
>>
>>30290385
works for me, what torrent client are you using?
>>
>>30290769
Not him, but there aren't any seeders. I had it open in bitorrent for like 5 days and it never got past .01%
>>
File: orange clam.jpg (199 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
orange clam.jpg
199 KB, 600x437
>>30290313
is the do/k/ument supposed to be a /k/ secret club exclusive thing?
>>
>>30289666
I would be very interested in an updated version of the do/k/ument, and willing to help also.
>>
>>30290783
I'm making good progress DL'ing it, but I have an old version if it fails.

I'll leave my pc on to seed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.