[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Case Drop Firearm Purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1018 KB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1018 KB, 1484x2158
Without delving into details, my ex-wife falsely accused me of domestic violence in a bid to take my son away.

The case was dropped because of the obvious false nature of the case.

My question is, how long should I wait for everything to clear out of the system before buying another firearm? I concern that if I don't wait a few weeks that the pending case may still be floating around in the system and I'll be denied and my LGS may blacklist me.

Anyone have any experience similar to this?
>>
>>30284200
Ask your lawyer. That's the sort of shit you're paying them for.
>>
>>30284200
did she file a pfa? if yes, talk to a lawyer

if you were charged and it got dismissed then feel free to go buy you a nice ex-wife killin' gun.
>>
>>30284200
Talk to your lawyer about it, but maybe hold off to be safe.
>>
File: 1427413777849.png (39 KB, 203x197) Image search: [Google]
1427413777849.png
39 KB, 203x197
>>30284200
>20XX
>getting married EVER

u dun goofd nigguh
>>
Not op, but curious:

Is it a criminal act to attempt to purchase a gun and have it bounced by the background check?

I imagine worst case would go like:
>Hello, background check on Anon plz.
>Anon is a no go, domestic violence charge
>PoPo show up, arrest anon for unlawful purchase or w/e charge would be
>At hearing, present dropped nature of domestic violence charge
>Illegal purchase charge dismissed, still pay lawyer fee etc.
>>
>>30286490
No, you will not be PoPo'd just for having a background check bounce on you at the gun shop.
>>
>>30286455
Not OP here.

I'm 31 and married. I have a typical woman for a wife. She's no better or worse than average by most meaningful metrics, and I love her very much.

I increasingly believe, with every passing year, that this guy is correct. If I had it to do over, I don't think I'd marry. It's financially and legally self-destructive for a man to take a wife these days.
>>
>>30286490
From what I understand, it's illegal to attempt to purchase a gun if you know you're not legally allowed to own one.

ie. If you're a felon and you're stupid enough to fill out the "yes I'm a felon" section on the 4473, and still try to buy the gun, it's illegal.

Of course, they almost never prosecute that. Like in the tens of thousands of failed background checks each year, the ATF only follows up on a couple hundred incidents.
>>
>>30286490
It is potentially a crime, most likely an attempt to possess a weapon by a prohibited person. However, I have never heard of an arrest or prosecution for that. I do know of arrests and prosecutions for lying about one's prohibited status when buying a firearm.
>>
>>30286514
>She's no better or worse than average by most meaningful metrics, and I love her very much.

Hey, you could be doing a lot worse.

Anons should be very careful if you are in a common law marriage state /country. It's terrifyingly easy to have half your shit stolen with no recourse.
>>
Most gun store owners are pretty understanding. I've seen people get turned down before. No SWAT bursts out of the wall or anything, they just tell you that you've been declined and suggest that you call the DoJ.

If you live in a state where it costs money that's your loss, but nothing else bad will happen.
>>
>>30286490
Only if you lie on the sheet. The sheet asks you some specific questions, one of which is if you're a felon, domestic abuser, etc. If you say you aren't and you are, you're in shit. If you're unsure if something counts or not, explain your situation. It's much better to have them tell you it's no good than to have them find out from the computer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.