[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else at least a little bit disturbed about the amount
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: meh.ro10062[1].png (355 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro10062[1].png
355 KB, 1600x1200
Is anyone else at least a little bit disturbed about the amount of "volunteer your personal info" type threads posted on /k/ nowadays?

For example:
>>30274810
There were a few others within the last 24 hours, more than usual at least.

In this day and age and considering what happened I don't think it's a good idea to let people know you own guns or associate with people who do. It's disturbing how people on /k/ proudly throw caution to the wind and go to meetups like nuggetfest where they are photographed doing "problematic" activities or even acting non-politically correctly which like it or not is a huge black mark nowadays thanks to the perpetual outrage culture spawned by social media. I'm aware of the censoring faces policy, but there's always at least one faggot who forgets or a troll who deliberately doesn't. Remember, all it will take is another mass shooting for some anonymoose wannabe hacktivist to get those pictures and harass you with the full support/complacency of the leftist political machine.
>>
>>30282640

This one was also a thinly veiled attempt to get people to sign up for some shitty website.

>>30282308
>>
No.

If you don't want people to know about you, don't post in them.
>>
>>30282640
worried about the Gestapo attacking you between now and the militia mobilization?
>>
> I don't think it's a good idea to let people know you own guns or associate with people who do.

I don't think it's a good idea to let your paranoia dictate your life.

You think you're important or threatening enough that the secret police are checking to see if you took a photo on the range? You're not.
>>
>>30282640
if you're on the internet, the US Gov has your information.
It'll be buried in billions of other information, but it's stored there.

If you have a credit card, your info might as well be in big brother's hands.

If your parents ever claim you on any form, you're in some system, somewhere.

If you every applied for anything, your name and info is stored on a database somewhere.

If the government ever really want to find you, they theoretically can, but why can't they find most of those most wanted people? Human error, human incompetence, lack of manpower, luck.

Welcome to modern age, faggot.
>>
>>30282666
Who says it's the secret police?

The biggest issue is social media lynch mobs. I mean you may be right in the end, but you would have gone through a lot of unnecessary trouble.
>>
>>30282685
>The biggest issue is social media lynch mobs

Absolute fucking nobodies aren't an issue
>>
>>30282685
>I'm scared that strangers might not like me when I post my life on Facebook

Jesus Fucking Christ
>>
>>30282704
>strangers
Yeah, nah, you missed the point
>>
>>30282685
Don't keep a social media account? Keep it private? Don't accept any fucking friend request you don't know?
Don't give your entire information?

It's not fucking hard to dodge the social media issue.
>>
>>30282696
>>30282704
Easy to say right now, but you'll change your tune when they post your personal info including your address and those of your relatives on the internet and encourage people to harass those numbers in the name of the crusade for Social Justice. Don't be surprised if your workplace fires you for being a liability since it's cheaper than paying for defense against the mobs, or worse: the libtards are in control of HR.

Keep in mind that these people literally have no lives beyond activism and likely have never held even a mac job in their lives.
>>
>>30282718
You don't need an account for them to fuck your life up. Just your info and pics posted on someone else's.
>>
>>30282640
I'm in that these as well. My company is run by republicans so I don't care. They know I own guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (233 KB, 1242x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233 KB, 1242x1080
>>30282696
Gold star for that post
>>
>>30282743
Thread*
>>
File: 1465991938113.jpg (160 KB, 1844x1210) Image search: [Google]
1465991938113.jpg
160 KB, 1844x1210
>>30282674
>govt has info
>anon doesn't have access to govt info

Kinda jumping around there.
>>
>>30282640
>goodluckimbehindsevenproxies.jpg
It would be a good joke to make if I had the image
>>
>>30282696
>>30282721
Now, I get that the dude is a little much right now, but do recall that they released a full list of names and addresses of people who somehow managed to own guns in NY. And if I recall, some of them got threats or even robbed, and if they didn't, it opened them up to it.

Just something to consider.
>>
>>30282640
There have been data mining threads for ever. Just a spike recently. Just don't respond
>>
>>30282640
>Is anyone else at least a little bit disturbed about the amount of "volunteer your personal info" type threads posted on /k/ nowadays?
In the golden years when /k/ was actually more focused on weapons, pre-2012 sandy hook, these type of threads were even more common by a long shot.
People are just unreasonably paranoid and terrified to do so much as timestamp something to prove a point now days.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.