[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/, enough is enough. I've held out long enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1464880379049.jpg (153 KB, 1000x745) Image search: [Google]
1464880379049.jpg
153 KB, 1000x745
Alright /k/, enough is enough. I've held out long enough from buying a gun, but now the time has come. The world is going to shit, it's better now than later

I'm in the market for a handgun and rifle. I love Sig's and grew quite fond of the

Sig P238 and P938

Pros/Cons of either? Shot with them both extensively, love them (the 238 having a slight edge due to how compact and discreet it is

For rifles

Scar-16S
P90
STEYR-AUG

Have had hands on time with all of them, also pros/cons from your experience would be appreciated. My local store has them all and for pretty good prices.
>>
For the rifle, I'd go with a SCAR-17. .308 is a better cartridge all-around and is more accurate at range. Plus you've got a million and one loads for it--everything from foreign military surplus to match grade. For a handgun, there's really a million options. I'd personally go with a Glock 26 but that's because the Glock's magazine is so common.

Aside from that, I'd suggest purchasing a few AR stripped lowers. Or some 80% lowers if you want to learn about milling. Maybe invest in some machining tools too. Being able to finish an 80% paperweight would be a great way to avoid the radar. You can then build AR's, AK's, 1911's, Glock's, 10/22's, and more from off-the-shelf parts.
>>
>>30278995

The reason I didn't want the SCAR 17 is because it's just too much firepower for what I need at the moment, not to mention 7.62 is really fucking expensive
>>
>>30278881
>P238 or P928
Are you high? The already too big P238 or the morbidly obese P938? They're not even subcompacts. They're better than a Glock 42, but the Glock 42 is total shit.

>a handgun and rifle
P320 and an M&P Sport II
>PS90
not unless you have a 5.7x28 rated .22 suppressor
>SCAR-16S
AR-15, MCX, SLR-104, FNC+sear, FAL, SCAR-17S, whatever. Just not the 16S.
>AUG
Easy there, meme master. You are not too good for an AR-15.
>>
>>30279980
>$3k+ rifles
>308 is too expensive
>>
>>30280541
This.

>>30279980
$0.50/rd isn't too bad actually. I think you'd be making a mistake buying the SCAR-16. Mostly because it's 6x as much as a cheap AR (2x-3x as much as a good quality one). You could literally buying three cheap AR's, enough ammo to test them, and still come out with a lighter and more accurate rifle plus spend less money and have sent a few thousand rounds downrange. After that's all done, you can still resell the extra AR's.

Otherwise, there's a lot of guns I'd like more than a SCAR. An MCX would be nice, while a F/A FNC would be god-tier (if your state allows NFA).
>>
>>30280541

First of all I can get the SCAR16s for about $2400 right now, the P90 for about $1800 and the STEYR-AUG for around $1800. Secondly, you looked at the cost of 7.62 ammo versus 5.56? Or 5.7? Because you sound like a fucking retard right now

>>30280522

What's so wrong with them? They're relatively small guns, the 938 obviously being larger but are YOU high? The 238 is so tiny. The 320 isn't bad but there's something about it I just don't quite like, I thought it would be great especially given the trigger it comes with, but it just doesn't have the right feeling for me personally.

What's so wrong with the 16s? I've shot every single gun you've mentioned and I don't understand why any would be superior for the given purpose of home defense, range shooting and other uses etc.

Secondly fuck AR-15s. I'll get some signature guns if I'm going to shell out this kind of cash, not the go-to weapon of choice everyone has heard of because it's trendy.
>>
>>30278881
Damn nigga, just get an AR-15. It's your first gun.
>>
>>30280728
How much ammo will you be shooting? If you are magdumping like an idiot every weekend then 5.56. If you are shooting for groups, hunting, or shooting beyond 500 yards 308 is a better choice. I really regret buying an ar instead of saving for the scar 17. The Scar17 is the perfect gun if you were to have just one long arm. Retains value, light, ergonomic, able to be used in many scenarios.
>>
>>30280853

I won't be shooting every weekend but I do intend to take it to the range every few weeks to shoot. I am not going to be hunting or doing crazy long range stuff (though I might practice)
>>
>>30278881
Don't buy a fucking scar unless you're going 7.62. Don't buy a p90 ar aug at all.
the ar platform is arguably better and definitely cheaper.
If you want a battle rifle, don't go scar either. You can get just as much quality out of a PTR or FAL for a third of the price.

As far as pistols, you do you, though myself, I'd like a hk45c, beretta m9 or 92, or an hk 9 with a threaded barrel because man suppressors are real neat when you don't want to wake up the neighbors late at night shooting armadillos and shit
>>
>>30280885
>crazy long range
that's on the other side of 600-700m.
Standard engagements are 100-300
>>
>>30282782
Not a half bad suggestion. If you had to have just ONE rifle, then I'd still go for a SCAR-17. Otherwise, if you have that budget, you can buy a cheaper AR-15 and PTR's MSG 91 (an MSG 90 clone). With that, you have an MOA rifle (the PTR) with cheap-as-dirt magazines. You'll also have a weekend 5.56--maybe get a PSA CHF build kit and you'll have a nice FN barrel and otherwise functional rifle. AR-15's also have cheap magazines (not as cheap as the PTR's) and cheaper ammo (for weekend blasting out to ~300 yards).
>>
>>30278881
>i've held out long enough from buying a gun,
why

that sounds retarded unless your main job involves squatting in front of liquor store with empty cup
>>
>>30282789

No I know, I'm just saying outside of standard range stuff (most around me are 100-200m), I'm not going to be using it for distance much beyond that

>>30282782

Why disregard the P90 and AUG though altogether? They're fun guns, it's not like I'm going for championship shooting competitions or something. I'd like something that's pretty self contained and easy to maneuver with (bullpups have always appealed to me with how self contained they are).

Ill admit the SCAR is somewhat of a luxury in terms of what I'm looking for in a weapon but I have loved all the rounds I've put through them over the past few years
>>
>>30278881
The AUG is an absolutely gorgeous gun if you are really willing to dig your heels in on the I don't want an AR band wagon. Very reliable with a poor trigger.

The SCAR 16 I also a very nice option with BV reporting they've seen years of service on their range with absolutely no bolt failure to date.

PS90 is just a meme. It's like the other meme rifles you're looking at only with a terrible magazine placement and expensive ammo. If you want to be a poorfag steel cased .223 is out there. Not for the snowflake seven.

I hear too many bad things about SIG's baby 1911 line to recommend them. If you get one that works they're God tier. If not, you're fucked. If you get one make sure to read the manual as there's an issue with damaging the manual safety during disassembly.

I'd honestly go for a Colt Mustang or XSP if you're interested in that form of gun.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.