[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Service pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: inferno cop.png (660 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
inferno cop.png
660 KB, 1280x720
Su /k/, LEO here looking for a new handgun for duty. Im about to finish my probationary period and then I'll be able to qualify with my own personal handgun and get rid of the shitty Glock 22 I got issued. My only personally owned handgun is a Sig tacops 1911, but the department doesn't let us carry 1911's or revolvers. Looking at getting a new handgun, anyone got suggestions? Been eyeballing a USP in 9mm with an LEM trigger and some of those 18 round mags. Rumor has it though we're switching to gen 4 Glock 17's in a few months though, should I just stick with that?
>>
Glock 17L or CZ 75
>>
>>30278540
why?
>>
>>30278487
Glock 34 Gen 4, practical tactical yo!
>>
>>30278487
The USP in anything but .45 is pointless.

Personally, I'd carry a 92FS safety on, but I'm a weirdo who thinks you should put a couple of layers between someone grabbing your pistol off your belt and shooting you with it.

The fact is, if you think you're going into a bad situation then you'll have your gun drawn already and if you get caught with your pants down then you should be seeking cover before seeking your gun anyway.
>>
>>30278579
Reliable, proven, accurate.
>>
>>30278487
get something that screams "killer cop".
just kidding but hey you started.
>>
Glock 40

Your not down faggot
>>
File: 2016-06-14 19.38.49.jpg (2 MB, 2260x1836) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-14 19.38.49.jpg
2 MB, 2260x1836
>>30278697
Agree

Long slide glocks rock.
>>
Grab a Lone wolf 40->9 conversion barrel. They offer discounts to cops. Grab a 9mm magazine for best reliability. Your Gen422 is now a Gen417 as well. Probably cant use on duty , i know my armorer and LT would have a shit fit if i ran a conversion. But you'll have both. Then you can buy a diffrent gun and have 3 guns essentially
>>
>>30278487
Glock 19 obviously
>>
>>30279465
Why would I buy a compact gun for duty?
>>
>>30279522
You wouldn't
>>
>>30278487
what do they let you carry then? There must be some criteria and if not then dont be a special snow flake. Go basic. Factory black, probably polymer, durable, simple.
So basically glocks, M&Ps, Sig 320s
if you want to be a little different then glawk get like a p226 or something. A duty gun basically. you dont want a nice custom stainless steel gun for duty work
>>
File: mp vs glock.jpg (444 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
mp vs glock.jpg
444 KB, 1000x667
>>30278487
Fellow LEOfag here
I just use a glock 17 and recommend everyone does the same. I started with the 22 as the probationary gun, didnt mind it but I preferred the 17. Most of the Dep. uses glawk brand glawks. If you put up a stink you can get a DA/SA but its a big pain in the ass. I know some guys who have just so they could carry theyre Sig legions and wilson combat berettas and theyre been beat from holster wear. One guy even got his scraped after wrestling with a suspect
just be normal and get a glock, and if you dont like glcok get one of its dozens of carbon copies. the M&P, the 320, I even know a guy with a vp9
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.