[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a carry etiquette discussion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: Fudds Roll In.png (34 KB, 486x328) Image search: [Google]
Fudds Roll In.png
34 KB, 486x328
Can we have a carry etiquette discussion?
>>
>>30276842
I'd say that you carry chambered but with the safty on.
That makes the most sense to me.
I doubt Standby McShootyFace the Mugger will wait patiently while you rack the slide.
>>
Carry at whatever you're comfortable at, that matches your skill level
>>
>>30276842
You're one dumb fucking memelord OP.

Of course you carry with one in the chamber.
>>
>>30276842
You carry however you want to carry
That being said I will only carry with an empty chamber if I'm living the 19th century with a bp or SAA revolver
>>
Where's the line between comfortable and over-confident?
>>
I suppose if you never practice your draw and re-holster then it probably is a good idea to not carry with one in the chamber.
Personally, I always carry with one in the chamber.
>>
>>30276842
>Do you want to ND? Because that's how you ND.
>Do you want to ND? Because that's the kind of attitude that causes a ND.
This retard hasn't carried in his life or handled a gun in his life
>>
>>30276842
Carry chambered or not at all.
>>
>>30276842
This is why your carry gun has to be double action. Single action is full blown retard.
>>
>>30276924
this
you can easily flick the safety off while drawing the gun, but racking it is hard
>>
>>30277769
I've heard of there being legal issues if you have to rack the slide or pull a hammer, especially if the dude survives. Something about "if you had time to do that, you had time to run."

Double action chambered or nothing.
>>
>>30276924
>I doubt Standby McShootyFace the Mugger will wait patiently while you rack the slide.
Standby will bolt the moment he sees your piece.

On a tangent, fuck this Wild West gunfighter idiocy among gun enthusiasts. It's fine to play around with for recreation and to wow your friends, but it's not practical. A quickdraw will only save your life in an instance where your surprise escalation of force will end the disagreement with an opponent possessing an inferior armament. Reality is, if someone has the drop on you with a firearm, you're fucked.
>>
>>30276842
Makarov's trigger pull is like snapping an infants neck so I keep one in the chamber.
>>
>>30277960
>time to run
What kind of a shitty commie state do you live in?
>>
>>30278117
Why do you know how much force it takes to snap an infants neck? And why would that be your comparison of choice? Personally, i wouldve said its like pulling a barrel out of my ass
>>
File: 43573456.jpg (152 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
43573456.jpg
152 KB, 480x640
>>30278213
>Why do you know how much force it takes to pull a barrel out of your ass? And why would that be your comparison of choice?
>>
>>30278104
No one in their right mind thinks they're going to spin around and fall slowly through the air as they dispatch multiple isis member with their gun when they get shot at from behind.

That's why the point is to pay attention, which you should be doing whether you're carrying or not.

A gun is a tool, a tool is useless if you can't use it properly. If you aren't paying attention and get surprised, you don't have time to use your tool.

It's better to have your tool and have a ch ance of being able to use it though, instead of just not having it.
>>
>>30277043
There isn't one.

There is only mistakes and irresponsibility or competence and confidence.
>>
>>30277960
>living in a "duty to retreat" state.

GAY
>>
>>30278104
>if someone has the drop on you with a firearm, you're fucked.

HURRR SOMEONE ELSE HAS A GUN MIGHT AS WELL NOT CARRY ONE!!!

t. Shillary Klinton.
>>
I've appendix carried one in the chamber with my glock 19 for years and still have my genitals.
>>
>>30277727
I carry with the slide locked back and the magazine locked in my briefcase. This is the only way to not ND.
>>
>>30276842
>P2000 LEM
>Carry with a round in
>No safety
>Thumb on the hammer when holstering
Maximum speed AND safety
>>
>>30276842
If you practice carrying without a round in the chamber and can coordinate drawing and racking the slide while you're in an oh shit situation, go for it.

As long as the trigger is guarded and you aren't carrying some jiminez arms piece of garbage, as in your firearm is in serviceable condition, then you shouldn't have to worry about an ND.

I personally carry with on chambered, since if that thing ever leaves the holster it needs to be ready to be used that instance. Around my house though I just leave a mag in. if I hear something I rack the slide, check it out and unload it once it's clear.

It all comes down to if you practice that way or not, I would disagree with carrying without one in the chamber, but I'm not going to call somebody retarded solely because that's how they carry. If they have practiced drawing and put time and consideration into their decision then it's all good. If they're just simply retarded then it doesn't matter how they carry.
>>
>>30278436
Agree.

When I was new to handguns I was weird about leaving rounds in the chamber of semi-autos but after dropping them about a half a dozen times I'm 100% confident about carrying with one in the chamber as long as the holster covers the entity of the trigger.
>>
>>30278104
Exactly, this is why we see exactly zero successful self defense shootings!

If it were possible it would happen, guys!
>>
>>30278552
>exactly zero successful self defense shootings

wut?

It happens on a daily basis you pole smoking cock gargling faggot.
>>
Typically when carrying hot
>striker + safety
>DA + decocker

I'm comfortable with either. Holster must cover trigger.

In other etiquette, does anyone carry in a cross draw? My kid likes to be picked up and hang out on my right side. Wondering if anyone has tips for carrying on the other hip
>>
File: 1401160137139.jpg (187 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1401160137139.jpg
187 KB, 500x500
>>30276842

>TFW you have a safety/decocker and don't have to worry about ND
>>
>>30278514
I had the same problem. I was raised on revolvers and leaving the hammer down on a loaded chamber was a no-no.

Habits -- particularly SAFETY habits -- die hard, even when they aren't really applicable any more.
>>
>>30278234
Did you not see the thread a few nights ago?
>>
>>30277960
>be me
>in whatver god-awful shit state Anon is from
>walking down alleyway
>Jamal jumps out, holding a knife
>"Gimmie yo wallet, cracka"
>Draw pistol
>Rack slide, shoot
>3 months later, in court
>Jamal got a state lawyer
>mfw i'm now facing 10 years in jail for aggravated assault
>as security drags me out, the last thing i hear as a free man
>SHEEEEEIT
>>
>>30279052
>Striker + safety

For what purpose? Most striker fired pistols come with a gorillion safety features
>>
>>30276842
All this faggotry about carrying with one in the chamber...

Want to carry one in the chamber, without having to worry about ND'ing?
>CARRY A REVOLVER WITH 5/6 IN AND THE HAMMER ON THE BLANK CHAMBER

Done

Done forever

No more tears

No more complaining

Shh

Spend some time with your family

Pick up a hobby

Go to the gym

Get a job

Fuck
>>
>>30279240
shoulda killed him fama lama ding dong. Why shoot to wound? That is unethical
>>
>>30279284
the oldest safety
>>
>carry sigs
>no safety

Yep, haven't died yet.
>>
You people are killing me.

In an actual self-defense shooting, your fine motor skills will turn to shit.

Get a striker-fired handgun with no manual safety.

Stop putting unnecessary barriers between you and your weapon.
>>
>>30279284

Actually you'd want to have the hammer on a full chamber and have the empty chamber be the next in line.

Most modern revolves use a transfer bar so they cannot fire unless the hammer makes contact with it (by pulling the trigger or cocking it.)

Older revolvers were carried with the hammer on an empty chamber because the "firing pin" was built directly onto the hammer and they could go off when dropped if the hammer wasn't resting on an empty chamber.
>>
>>30277043
the time between tucked in waistband and in hand
>>
File: 1465929532687.png (3 MB, 4298x5198) Image search: [Google]
1465929532687.png
3 MB, 4298x5198
>>30278234
it's pretty hard, anon
>>
>>30276842

I carry a Glock. No safety. I still carry it with a round in the chamber. If I am drawing my weapon, i am drawing to fire to kill.

It is a machine. It has no consciousness. No will. No antagonism or benevolence. It is a machine, lifeless, inert. It can't betray me or turn on me, cause me harm through pure evil intent.

The only way I will get "Glock leg" is if I pull the goddamn trigger, or am so inconsiderate of the trigger that I stuff it into my holster with my clothing or other obstructions in the way.

I'm not saying it can't happen to me, I am very conscious that it CAN and I take the measures to prevent its occurrence. I keep my finger off the trigger. If I need to reholster the weapon i LOOK AT THE GODDAMN HOLSTER and ensure that there isn't anything in the way.

Anyone who literally FEARS their handgun and the fact that it has a cartridge chambered is no better than a tribal shaman sacrificing to the volcano god to appease it's anger.

If the trigger isn't pulled, it won't fire. The same way that my car won't crash itself
>>
>>30277043
There's only competence. Don't touch the trigger until its time.
>>
>>30279664
one of the best threads in a long time
>>
>>30279721
Literally this, and I also carry a Glock.

Both of my parents also carry striker-fired guns, my mom's is a Taurus PT111 and my dad has a Canik TP-whatever that he occasionally carries.

My mom carries empty-chamber, safety engaged, in a soft leather holster, in her purse of all places.
My dad carries OWB in a shitty hard plastic holster that came with his gun, the kind where you have to press the button to release the gun that Tex Grebner shot himself using. He also carries on an empty chamber, probably decocked.

I just don't understand it at all, /k/
>>
>>30276951
If you aren't comfortable carrying with a loaded chamber you're not proficient enough to carry a firearm.
>>
File: 1369927633009.jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
1369927633009.jpg
8 KB, 284x177
>>30279284
5 star post
>>
File: 1437130213821.jpg (25 KB, 331x548) Image search: [Google]
1437130213821.jpg
25 KB, 331x548
>It's another "I want to conceal carry but too pussy to actually do it properly and think guns are a magical talisman" episode on /k/
>>
File: BRUUHHHH.gif (1 MB, 370x288) Image search: [Google]
BRUUHHHH.gif
1 MB, 370x288
>>30279891
THIS
H
I
S
>>
carry a p64

stock trigger has a 24 pound DA pull

can't ND if you can't pull the trigger with a truck
>>
>>30276842
One in the pipe, a decent holster is better than a safety. You can only defend yourself effectively if your gun is ready immediately. You might as well not carry if your chamber is empty, because you are bargaining for priceless split seconds that can mean the difference between a neutralized threat, and someone whipping you with your own pistol.
>>
>>30278778
Nice sarcasm-o-meter

F A G G O T
A
G
G
O
T
>>
>>30279664
what a fucking gem of a thread
>>
>>30279240
>him surviving
dun goof'd
>>
>>30279920
8kb...pics for the mites that crawl around on ants
>>
>>30279257
Because a number of people me included do not believe the glock style safety is enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 639x478
>>30277945
I carry my Tok at half-cock, since it locks the whole gun up. With a bit of practice, pulling the hammer back a bit as I draw works, as does a draw, then pulling the hammer with the thumb on my support hand as I get a sight picture. Not ideal, but it works.

Pic related will be my next CCW. Vertical shoulder rig, but since it'll be a custom job, I may set it up to either ride a bit lower or either rotate or sit at an angle to be a faster, comfier draw. Up here, minus some sort of terrorist incident, the odds of me needing it are low, but I don't want to be hindered too badly if I do.
>>
>>30279891
>If you aren't comfortable carrying with a loaded chamber you're not proficient enough to carry a firearm.

THIS is the kind of attitude that causes ND.

Not in you, probably. Probably you can carry safe.

But Johnny Newguns doesn't want to look like a pussy, so when he reads a line like that he starts carrying with a loaded chamber, though Johnny Newguns has zero business doing that.
>>
>>30282521
This is an interesting method, I have not heard of it before. If you are practicing it frequently then in theory at least it is a good method. I would have to see you draw and dry fire to be sure, but it doenst sound any more complicated than a cowboy action.
>>30283483
This.
I have 15years XP carrying one gun or another stateside and in combat. Its the cocky guy and the new guy that ND. So long as you have a certain level of maturity and a bit of respect for your weapon you wont ND.

>you gun wont "just go off" in your holster
>for the gun to fire YOU must pull the trigger
>dangly strings on tacticool clothing CAN pull the trigger so make sure its clear when holstering
>the four range safety rules apply everywhere and in all situations (except recon by fire). So long as you follow then you CANT have an fatal ND and an ND is extremely unlikely
>practice your draw, practice it safely
I dont think anyone of us really needs to read the above...but there is always a retard in the bunch.
>>
>>30279240
>jamal didnt die
if you hit him once or twice, chase him down and end his suffering
It's merciful

And tell that to the jury while you're at it, see what they think
>>
File: klingon3.jpg (56 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
klingon3.jpg
56 KB, 670x503
>>30278286
MFW I read that as t. Shillary Klingon.
>>
>>30282521
Aren't you Canadian? I ask because I see you often in the /k/anada generals.
>>
>>30278104
>Standby will bolt the moment he sees your piece

Negros will charge you while you are armed. Just look at trayvon are all the other niggers who got shot charging at police.
>>
>>30276842
you'd be a moron to not carry one in the chamber in DAO
>>
>>30276842
No safety, 1 in the chamber, however I think if you carry at condition zero it should be a DA or DA/SA where the hammer has to make 2 motions "meaning a full trigger pull" to fire.

That's just me.
>>
>>30285504
Yep. You'd be surprised how many people illegally CC up here. We do have such a license (the ATC) but it's almost impossible to get, and the RCMP have basically told people "we know you meet the requirements for an ATC, but we don't think you plebs should be allowed to carry". So most just do it anyway.
>>30283789
I noticed I screwed up my description. I either pull the hammer first or draw, then yank the hammer when my support hand comes up and my sight picture lines up.
>>
>carrying in a squishy holster
>carrying in such a way that something other than your finger can get inside the trigger guard
Just kidding of course, I'm totally with OP on this one. I carry my gun completely field stripped with a reloading press so I can make ammo when I need it.
>>
>>30278117
I don't know if they're all like that or just inconsistent, but the ones I held in my hand were the worst pulls ever - extremely hard, and notchy.

That is, aside from being of Soviet quality (read: none).
>>
>>30277960
Source?
>>
>>30276842
>Can we have a carry etiquette discussion?
It depends on the gun and how you carry it. I wouldn't carry a glock hot, but a 1911, yes.
>>
>>30279664
i'm fucking dying over here
best thread in years and I miss it, fml
>>
>>30276842
Double action, hammer down, one in the chamber, safety off. It's not hard.
>>
>>30278320
welcome to the salty spitoon, how thought are ya?!

I've appendix carried one in the chamber with my glock 19 for years and still have my genitals

Right this way, sir!
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.