[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Viper hood style setups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: OV-Group_full3.jpg (98 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
OV-Group_full3.jpg
98 KB, 720x720
I was just wondering what everyone made of these? Are they bullshit airsoft only crap or actually fairly legit?

90% of them that I have found online are stupidly overpriced but I have found a cheap supplier and am debating stocking them in my shop. Will it just be me that buys one then the rest sit on the shelf gathering dust?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 627x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 627x430
Delete this, before gear fags/airsoft fags ruin it for the rest of us
>>
File: 20151222_010516.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151222_010516.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>30274093
They're bullshit. For what they cost from outfitter sites you can make your own that's better suited to your environment for a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>30274093

Why would anyone use/buy this in any situation ever is the question? It's just a pre-made, top part of a ghilie suit that has nothing on it yet.
>>
A similar one with foliage/burlap. I'd probably get a camo base net too
>>
>>30274124
because a full ghillie is heavy and hot as fuck
>>
>>30274120
This
Just buy a cheap mesh and use some really fucking minimal sowing skills to make it a vague hoodie shape.
>>
>>30274166
Yes it is. I have a winter suit from natural grass and it's cozy as hell, given I'm laying in a vacant field with the wind cutting across at 10 degree windchill.
>>
>>30274124
the point to use local foliage as camo

depending where you are the colors can varies a lot, so instead of buying 600 ghilie suit with different colors, scheme and stuff, you only have one

also it's not made for snipers but more for guys that want to keep it sneaky breeky before storming the whole coumpound
>>
>>30274093
>$300 for a pair of sleeves and a hood
Like if was a full on jacket made of durable material and a bunch of neat features I could see some people getting interested, but paying that much fucking money for that shit when you could make the mesh with like $10-$20 worth of paricord or something? Only the most try hard of the try hard would buy it.
>>
>>30274249
OP here I have found them for about $60 from a supplier I'd look to sell at around $80. I thought the same thing and have set about replicating one, desu it could be done for very cheap but most people are lazy. I'm currently making a few ghillies for myself full and hood style, all pretty labour intensive.
>>
>>30274120
Details on your hood/hat thing?
>>
>>30274352
Cabela's hat + leftover ghillie 1" netting + Madagascar grass

I'm going to be overhauling the whole suit this summer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.